Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Songs you're afraid to admit you like

cjcdaman

This is easy...I get a look from my girlfriend every time one of these comes on my iPhone in the car:

"Pocketful of Sunshine" - Natasha Bedingfield

Anything by Kelly Clarkson

"Shut up and Drive" - Rihanna

"Lala" - Ashley Simpson

"Tattoo" and "No Air" - Jordin Sparks

"It's Only Life" - Kate Voegele

....that's enough of losing my manhood. It's funny to see those songs mixed in with rock/punk/metal/etc.

:)

I'm not afraid to admit anything

Roxette - she's got the look

Toto - Rosanna

REO speedwagon - time for me to fly

Mariah Carey - fantasy

Ah, Mariah Carey. I also like this sad

And I like this classic from Britney, it reminds me about what pissed me off about dating. And it's when she was within the SO dating age bracket, to boot.

I'm feeling so liberated now. I might have to go for a mojito.

Let's see. I am young, but like almost every single Phil Collins song ever written. Loveshack by B-52's was good too, and they've got a new one out called "Funplex" that has me hooked too. Also, Sheryl Crow sang a song called "Gasoline" that I heard a few times and got hooked, mainly because every time I listen to the song, I find myself dreaming about the day we have free gasoline. Okay, that's enough for me.:laugh:

I thought this was a great thread when you first posted it, cj, and almost made the 2nd post in it but my list of embarrassments is so long I lost resolve. :laugh:

But here's a couple.

Very Recent: Stand Where I Stood (Missy Elliot)

Fairly Recent: Clocks (You know) :rolleyes:

Recent Past: Breathless (Coors) (ewww)

Further Past: Gloria (Branigan) (Just shoot me now)

Even Further Past: Year of the Cat (Al Stewart) (The Big Ghey)

Far Past: All Johnny Horton's hits (as a kid) then found out about 5 years ago he was a virulent racist--kinda tainted the ****.

I could have claimed a number of others I saw in the thread, too. :(

(and this is just the tip if the iceberg---my first career was in a field where all forms of music played an essential part, and my influences and tastes ranged far and wide, I played, and I acquired very large collections of recordings).

Good time to ask this question.

Is Vertical Horizon considered ghey??

My buddy says that its chick music but I swear that they got some good songs. What you guys think?

"Save Me" is also on my list and I liked the whole CD :doh:

Ah, Mariah Carey. I also like this sad

And I like this classic from Britney, it reminds me about what pissed me off about dating. And it's when she was within the SO dating age bracket, to boot.

I'm feeling so liberated now. I might have to go for a mojito.

Grab a smirnoff ice with reic.

It embarasses me to admit that I like a handful of songs from My Chemical Romance, and more than a handful from Creed. There are plenty of individual songs I could list, but if I list too many, then I'll probably lose any credibility I've had ... so here's a short list, in order of increasing embarassment:

"

" -- Imajin

"

" -- Jesse McCartney

... and, the most embarassing of them all:

"Put Your Records On" -- Corinne Bailey Rae

I'm a 26 year old heterosexual male, but I love these songs by:

Natalie Imbruglia- Torn

Sixpence None the Richer- Kiss Me

Stacie Orrico- More to Life

Doesn't matter where I am, everytime I hear them I have to stop and hum along with these songs.

Archived