Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

West Virginia election coverage drives Jon Stewart to drink

chomerics

Point is, i dont know why this is a story when it comes to WV. This is the way it is in a lot of places.

And i take it back, Richmond is the 2nd most racist place ive been. Jacksonville FL was the worst.

It is a story as it is the excuse for his losing so bad, it can't be the fact she has been more on point with her message.

If he loses OR it will be the new south

Point is, i dont know why this is a story when it comes to WV. This is the way it is in a lot of places.

Because WV is 96% white and 20% of their white Democrat voters (generally considered the less racist political party) admitted to skin color being an important factor in their vote. Then, 80% of those voters admitted to voting for the white person.

This isn't a "stop the presses there are racists in America" moment, but it's still probably more newsworthy than it's getting treated. And as you said, it may not even be the most racist place.

Consider how many people in the Tailgate say that equality is already in existence. :2cents:

Right.

And that's because we're all a bunch of redneck racists.

Now those people voting FOR Obama because of skin color. They're the ones in the know. :laugh:

They're idiots too in my book. That's a good point though. There are redneck racists and black racists.

Because WV is 96% white and 20% of their white Democrat voters (generally considered the less racist political party) admitted to skin color being an important factor in their vote. Then, 80% of those voters admitted to voting for the white person.

This isn't a "stop the presses there are racists in America" moment, but it's still probably more newsworthy than it's getting treated. And as you said, it may not even be the most racist place.

Consider how many people in the Tailgate say that equality is already in existence. :2cents:

A 6% non-white state, voting 25% for an African-American. You can spin it anyway you want to, and so can I.

Obama did NOTHING in my area to attempt to win the primary. NOTHING. Not one person with a sign. Not one automated phone call. Not one newspaper ad. No signs along the roads. I mean NOTHING.

I was truly blown away. Never in my life had I seen a legitimate candidate do absolutely zero to try to win my vote.

Meanwhile, at the three polling places I visited (mine got moved without warning, and my old location now handles two precincts) there were Hillary supporters out the wazoo; and she had an ad in the paper on Sunday. She was also in Shepherdstown last week.

Cry foul. Cry race. Cry WV is a bunch of backwoods bigots. But at least TRY before you ****ing cry!!!! :D

A 6% non-white state, voting 25% for an African-American. You can spin it anyway you want to, and so can I.

Obama did NOTHING in my area to attempt to win the primary. NOTHING. Not one person with a sign. Not one automated phone call. Not one newspaper ad. No signs along the roads. I mean NOTHING.

I was truly blown away. Never in my life had I seen a legitimate candidate do absolutely zero to try to win my vote.

Meanwhile, at the three polling places I visited (mine got moved without warning, and my old location now handles two precincts) there were Hillary supporters out the wazoo; and she had an ad in the paper on Sunday. She was also in Shepherdstown last week.

Cry foul. Cry race. Cry WV is a bunch of backwoods bigots. But at least TRY before you ****ing cry!!!! :D

He could have doen the same thing that sheriff down there did and got kid rock to make an ad for him

it's not a story. it's something that fits stereotypes. this is evidenced by the big kick that all you ****sticks get out of it.

trust me guys, there were plenty of us who didn't even bother to vote in the presidential primary. it's not just that we hate black people, the thought of a broad in the oval office makes us shiver (unless she's bending over for the white male president)

it's not a story. it's something that fits stereotypes. this is evidenced by the big kick that all you ****sticks get out of it.

trust me guys, there were plenty of us who didn't even bother to vote in the presidential primary. it's not just that we hate black people, the thought of a broad in the oval office makes us shiver (unless she's bending over for the white male president)

:laugh::applause:

That state doesn't exist. I didn't spin anything.

You're killing me with your inconsistency. I thought of all people you would stand up and say it was lame and wrong. This is the opposite of what you say exists, which is an equal playing field for minorities. When 20% admit they vote based on skin color, there is no equal playing field. I'm honestly disappointed in what you're saying to me.

You're from MD. In my entire life in MD, I have only once seen a presidential candidate (Gore, he didn't have far to go) visit the state. Don't act like this is new. When a candidate can't win, they don't show up. It's particularly true in states with low delegate/electoral counts.

Oh, and by the way, it's no reason to vote based on skin color. But thanks for the distraction.

That state doesn't exist. I didn't spin anything.

We are 6% minority. Obama pulled 26% of the vote without any effort AT ALL!!!!

You're killing me with your inconsistency. I thought of all people you would stand up and say it was lame and wrong. This is the opposite of what you say exists, which is an equal playing field for minorities. When 20% admit they vote based on skin color, there is no equal playing field. I'm honestly disappointed in what you're saying to me.

It is wrong. It would be MORE wrong for West Virginian's to vote based on race to the tune that African-Americans are nationwide.

Advantage, us. :)

You're from MD. In my entire life in MD, I have only once seen a presidential candidate (Gore, he didn't have far to go) visit the state. Don't act like this is new. When a candidate can't win, they don't show up. It's particularly true in states with low delegate/electoral counts.

Dude, I'm talking NOT ONE SIGN. No indication anywhere that he was even in the race. Hell, you don't want to show up, fine. But not a single sign in the whole county? At that point you deserve to lose huge.

Oh, and by the way, it's no reason to vote based on skin color. But thanks for the distraction.

Tell that to the MUCH higher percentage of blacks that are doing it. And you're welcome.

As Major stated very well, it's a non-issue. It's a tool for people like you to continue the "accepted" stereotypes.

Well done. :cheers:

It is wrong. It would be MORE wrong for West Virginian's to vote based on race to the tune that African-Americans are nationwide.

Advantage, us. :)

But who's keeping track, right? :rolleyes:

For the record, I have nothing against WV. It's of no relevance to me in this story except that it's where this happened. It could have happened in any number of the other 57 states.

But it's a story where 2/10's of white democrats admit to letting race affect their vote, and 8/10's of those said they voted for the white broad (I love that word MH, thanks).

But it's a story where 2/10's of white democrats admit to letting race affect their vote, and 8/10's of those said they voted for the white broad (I love that word MH, thanks).

is it a story because it shocks you?

do the numbers shock you, or does the honesty shock you?

is it a story because it shocks you?

do the numbers shock you, or does the honesty shock you?

I'm glad someone is asking good questions. :cheers:

To be honest, I'm ignorant when it comes to WV in this regard, so it did shock me a little. Mainly it saddens me. I didn't think the old stereotypes still existed to this extent.

The numbers and the honesty shocked me. I would have expected less than 20% to be honest, let me put my opinions that way.

I think it's a story because some people think the fact that a black man is the likely nominee for a party is sign enough that equality is here for real. But this shows that there are still some legitimate barriers to be broken in that regard.

EDIT: All things being square, this is one of those pet issues of mine (civil rights). So, I believe (this is not meant for anyone in particular) that if 2/10's of white people saying that skin color was a factor in their vote is okay to you, then you should really consider where your standards in humanity are. I don't say that to be offensive to anyone, simply to be honest about who I am and where I come from.

BTW, 20% of all people polled said they voted only on the basis of skin color. And those were only the ones who were willing to admit it.

90% of blacks voted because of skin color but the 20% of whites that do is a scandal?

About half my family is from WV. Been there plenty of times and I also lived there an entire year. Lot of racism sure. But honestly, I think deep down inside a lot of the people are good at heart. Ignorance just reigns supreme over their lives. Not sure if they can help it or not. It is what it is.

Now as far as the most racist place I've ever been (and I've been a lot of places), surprisingly I'd have to say Southern California. It's a weird racism. It's a mean racism. And it's wide open, I don't give a ****. I heard, and even saw in some cases, some vicious ****. People there are so segregated. The whites got their neighborhoods, the blacks theirs, the hispanics theirs, the Vietnamese theirs, so on and so forth. I had a Panamanian friend (but really just black) from Pennsylvania who came out and stayed with me for a minute. He hated it there, also said it was the most racist place he'd been. And we had served in the Army together in the middle of bum-**** Texas (Fort Hood) so that's saying something. People are just so out in the open with that bull****. Eh, it's hard to explain. I think it's one of those things where you just have to be there and go through it to really understand.

It's not shocking that there's still loads of racists in this country -- just jump on Xbox live and you'll hear the n word 100 times in under five minutes. But it is shocking, heck it's mind-blowing just how many people have been willing to go on camera or be quoted in the paper and say they won't vote for someone simply because they're black. And with no shame at all.

So what if the white candidate is the better choice affirmative action dictates you choice the black one.

But what if in this case the white candidate isn't the better choice? Do you vote for her because you are so opposed to afirmative action that you vote based on skin color?

OK...FOUL!!!! RACE!!!

WV IS a bunch of backwoods idiots...kinda the retarded cousin no one talks about... ;)

My guess is Obama did nothing in WV because he knows he needs his money for a Presidential election. Why waste money on a sinking ship. He knew he wouldn't win. Lets face it, did anyone HONESTLY believe he would win in W. Virginia? JUst read HH posts and you'd know ;)

(just kidding HH :D)

Archived