Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

West Virginia election coverage drives Jon Stewart to drink

chomerics

That's good stuff.

My grandmother-in-law lives in WVA in a town with the same name as her family name. She's voted Democrat her entire life but she won't vote for Obama.

Because she doesn't trust him. Because he's a Muslim.

Where's that bottle of Jack. :)

That's good stuff.

My grandmother-in-law lives in WVA in a town with the same name as her family name. She's voted Democrat her entire life but she won't vote for Obama.

The state is nearly 96% white. What, you expected them to favor a black Dem over a white one?

Saw this last night:doh:

Decided against posting it. Guess why?:silly:

I don't care who they voted for. Its a sad sad thing to hear the reasons.

BTW, 20% of all people polled said they voted only on the basis of skin color. And those were only the ones who were willing to admit it.

That's good stuff.

Moonshine Henry. Not Jack. Moonshine. smil46214ad879150.gif

BTW, 20% of all people polled said they voted only on the basis of skin color. And those were only the ones who were willing to admit it.

Duuude

You gotta get your state in line. I'm in Springfield, Va now but at Tech we're just a few minutes from the border. If the ski resorts and the good white water rafting places go away for any reason I'm voting to bomb WVA.

No offense.

I think polls showed that something like 20% of whites polled said that the candidates races were an issue. So that means at least 30% of those polled believed that because the other 10% won't admit it.

I guess you beat me to it. :laugh:

Obama might have polled better had he done anything at all to even try to compete in WV.

If he knows what's good for him, he won't make the same mistake in the general election. :)

Sorry for a semi-serious post in a humor thread. I was just totally blown away by his complete write-off of the mountain state.

I think polls showed that something like 20% of whites polled said that the candidates races were an issue. So that means at least 30% of those polled believed that because the other 10% won't admit it.

Right.

And that's because we're all a bunch of redneck racists.

Now those people voting FOR Obama because of skin color. They're the ones in the know. :laugh:

Well maybe for the white people who live in those states but their black population is much, much higher than that of WVA.

True. But does that make it any different?

****, i'd like to see it regionally. The most racist place ive ever seen was Richmond Va.

Duuude

You gotta get your state in line. I'm in Springfield, Va now but at Tech we're just a few minutes from the border. If the ski resorts and the good white water rafting places go away for any reason I'm voting to bomb WVA.

No offense.

I was born and raised in Springfield. Went to West Springfield High. I lived in Morgantown (the best little city on the friggin planet. Screw Reno) when I was at school.

I know the state is somewhat backwords, but places in rural VA are no different.:2cents: And if you looked at the map it looked like Morgantown (WVU) and Charelston (state capitol) voted Obama.

Obama might have polled better had he done anything at all to even try to compete in WV.

If he knows what's good for him, he won't make the same mistake in the general election. :)

Now that he has seen what skin color means in WV in the Democratic primary, Obama won't make the mistake of wasting his time there in the general election.

Those 5 electoral votes will go to McCain, even if he doesn't go there either.

I was born and raised in Springfield. Went to West Springfield High. I lived in Morgantown (the best little city on the friggin planet. Screw Reno) when I was at school.

I know the state is somewhat backwords, but places in rural VA are no different.:2cents: And if you looked at the map it looked like Morgantown (WVU) and Charelston (state capitol) voted Obama.

Ew Morgantown...keep your burning couches away.

But I agree with you, the backwards parts of this country are all over the place, all the way up into the farms of New England...its sad.

True. But does that make it any different?

****, i'd like to see it regionally. The most racist place ive ever seen was Richmond Va.

Really? Go down to the DEEP south, Richmond sucks overall but I don't think the racism is too bad.

Oh and by the way **** WVU

Go Hokies

:silly:

Now that he has seen what skin color means in WV in the Democratic primary, Obama won't make the mistake of wasting his time there in the general election.

Those 5 electoral votes will go to McCain, even if he doesn't go there either.

Fine with me.

1916. :point2sky

Ew Morgantown...keep your burning couches away.

But I agree with you, the backwards parts of this country are all over the place, all the way up into the farms of New England...its sad.

Really? Go down to the DEEP south, Richmond sucks overall but I don't think the racism is too bad.

Oh and by the way **** WVU

Go Hokies

:silly:

I have seen and heard some bad things in Kentucky and Ohio

Point is, i dont know why this is a story when it comes to WV. This is the way it is in a lot of places.

And i take it back, Richmond is the 2nd most racist place ive been. Jacksonville FL was the worst.

Point is, i dont know why this is a story when it comes to WV. This is the way it is in a lot of places.

Stereotypes are cool and funny when it comes to certain groups. I've spent damn near three years trying to explain it to you guys. :laugh:

Archived