Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Which playoff teams won't make it back next year?

DCSaints_fan

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

Inspired by the surprise team thread, which of these playoff teams do you not see making it this year?

My personal (probably biased) pick is Tampa. They haven't made the playoffs two years in a row in the Gruden era. Their defense keeps aging and they haven't seemed to been able to replace their older stars with younger draft picks or FA. The NFC South is also the ultimate seesaw division.

I can also see Green Bay being this year's New Orleans, losing in the NFC championship and having a mediocre season teh following year, especially with Farve retiring.

I think Tampa will have a big fall off due to age.

I'm making a big surprise pick in that I believe that Dallas will be an 8-8 team next year. Their offense is average when TO is shut down. The defense is good against the run but has a suspect secondary.

The Giants will have a fallout year. Secondary will be exposed and the offense is above average with the running game.

I think the Eagles will surprise a lot of people next year and the Bears will make a comeback imo-their defense was desimated with injuries last year.

Washington - I love my boys, but unless the unthinkable happens and they learn the system well enough to be efficient game 1, I think we are looking at a 8-8 to 6-10 season.

Green Bay - Aaron Rodgers has ALOT to prove. Mainly staying healthy. I think they slide to 7-9 and finish 2nd behind the Vikings.

Tampa Bay - Quick name the opening day starting QB. New Orleans is going to prove that 2 years ago wasn't an abberation. I think they finish 6-10 2nd behind the Saints.

Tennessee - Got in last year by virtue of tiebreakers with the Browns. They did not give Vince a guy to throw to. They will finish no better than 6-10.

Here are the Playoffs as I see them:

NFC

1. Dallas

2. Minnesota

3. Seattle

4. New Orleans

5. New York

6. Philly

Philly beats Seattle

New Orleans beats New York

Philly beats Dallas

Minnesota beats New Orleans

Minnesota NFC Champs

AFC

1. New England

2. Indiannapolis

3. San Diego

4. Cleveland

5. Pittsburgh

6. Jacksonville

San Diego over Jacksonville

Cleveland over Pittsburgh

Cleveland over New England

San Diego over Indiannapolis

San Diego AFC Champs!

San Diego Superbowl Champs!

dallas, green bay, tampa bay, jacksonville.

minnesota NFC champion?!?!?!? :laugh: with what quarterback? i think adrian peterson will get injured again.

Hey, it can happen. Tavaris could improve slightly and they will contend for a first round bye. I'm scurred of Minny.

:laugh: This thread should be stickied! It'll be interesting to see how many predictions come true, especially the myriad of predictions about the Cowboys not making the playoffs.

But, what the hey, I'll throw my hat in. I would place my bets on Seattle, Tampa Bay and San Diego not making it this season.

Not being a homer, just don't see how Dallas doesn't at least snag a Wild card. Doubt we go 7-9 with the same team that went 13-3.

Tampa Bay & Green Bay are the most logical. Tampa Bay has a pathetic offense as usual. We don't know about Rodgers until he actually plays. But I am willing to bet he isn't 1/2 of what Brett Favre was.

Minnesota will likely win their division. I still see 3 teams coming from the East.

:laugh: This thread should be stickied! It'll be interesting to see how many predictions come true, especially the myriad of predictions about the Cowboys not making the playoffs.

But, what the hey, I'll throw my hat in. I would place my bets on Seattle, Tampa Bay and San Diego not making it this season.

I actually have my doubts about San Diego as well. Everyone is predicting that they will just glide into the playoffs, but I think they are going to have the biggest fall from grace. LT is going to have to stay healthy the entire season, and I'm confident Norv Turner will find a way to screw it up.

Pittsburgh, Tennessee, Tampa, Washington and Seattle.

Not being a homer, just don't see how Dallas doesn't at least snag a Wild card. Doubt we go 7-9 with the same team that went 13-3.

Tampa Bay & Green Bay are the most logical. Tampa Bay has a pathetic offense as usual. We don't know about Rodgers until he actually plays. But I am willing to bet he isn't 1/2 of what Brett Favre was.

Minnesota will likely win their division. I still see 3 teams coming from the East.

I don't know, I think Rodgers will be just fine in Green Bay, especially if he plays the way he played against Dallas, where Brett Favre stumbled. Rodgers certainly doesn't lack firepower on offense...I can see 2 teams from the NFC North making the playoffs this year.

To me, the question is, who will get left out in the NFC East?

I believe the Giants, Titans, Packers and possibly the Buccaneers won't make the playoffs next season. I still think the Giants hit stride right at the end of the season and had a lot of things fall into place. If we beat Seattle it would have been us facing the Pats in the Super Bowl.

Anyway, we are going to win the Super Bowl this year because every other year the Giants won the Super Bowl we followed them and beat the same team in the Super Bowl. i.e. Broncos in 87, Bills in 91, Pats in 08.

Green Bay, Tampa Bay, San Diego

I would say seattle, but they have the good fortune to play in the worst division in NFL history. They'll win because they suck less than some of the other teams :)

*edit*

and also, in my upset special, I predict the Giants will miss the paloffs

Minnesota is ****ing terrible. I don't know who in their right mind would pick them to go to the playoffs, let alone be NFC champions. Jackson won't improve and all a team has to do to beat them is

1.Throw the ball (32nd ranked pass defense)

2. Stick 8 in the box, shut down Peterson (AKA Redskins Vikings game last year)

I still see Tampa going. Galloway hasn't lost a step, and their (young) defense was ranked 2nd last year or something. Luke McCown is Garcia's successor as far as I see it. Both played well last year.

The Giants all depends on Eli. If he decides to play like he did in the playoffs last year, they are an 11-5, 12-4 team. If he plays like he did regular season, easily 7-9, 8-8.

Tennessee hasn't gotten Young any helpy except for Crumpler and another wasted pick on a 1st round RB. Their defense can't carry them through all their games. Miss the playoffs.

no chance Green Bay makes the playoffs this year unless Rodgers really steps it up in his first year. Unlike most of you i think Tennessee will make it again, Vince Young is only getting better and they didn't lose much in free agency. Also i think if Tampa Bay stays healthy they are definitly in, their defense is pretty young and very good, and their offense is old but has shown that it can stay healthy. Not too mention they have about 100 QBs over there so one of them is bound to work if Garcia gets hurt. Also i don't really think the skins will make it this year, the first year head coach thing is hard to work with.

Archived