Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Which playoff teams won't make it back next year?

DCSaints_fan

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

I said Green Bay, Tampa Bay, and Tennessee. I just don't have the heart to vote for the Skins, but I don't think they'll make it back either. :( 2009, however, watch the eff out! :D

minnesota NFC champion?!?!?!? :laugh: with what quarterback? i think adrian peterson will get injured again.

Dude - Minny's defense is going to be silly this year. They took one of the best DLine's in football, and added Jared Allen to it. Sick. Minny has a top 5 defense this year, bank on it.

No love for Arizona, huh?

Every year theres always a few pundits who predict "this is going to be Arizona's year" and they always seem to fall short (Not that I should talk :)). Leinart hasn't proven much even with two great WRs, I don't see how they could get that much better next year unless Leinart goes down and they have some Tom Brady/Kurt Warner like emergence.

As long as Hasselbeck is healthy, Seattle has practically an automatic home playoff game.

My guess is Tampa, Tennessee, and Green Bay. Dark horse candidate is the Giants - I don't think they're all that, but also won't underestimate the positive effect that winning can have on players - the confidence of knowing, and expecting, to win can be very powerful on a dedicated team. For instance, I think the Patriots w/o Brady would be a struggling team, but I also think they could win a quite a few games strictly on muscle memory - the confidence bred by winning could carry them to wins against all but the toughest teams. The same thing could happen with the Giants, so I'd hedge my bets there.

Every year theres always a few pundits who predict "this is going to be Arizona's year" and they always seem to fall short (Not that I should talk :)). Leinart hasn't proven much even with two great WRs, I don't see how they could get that much better next year unless Leinart goes down and they have some Tom Brady/Kurt Warner like emergence.

While their QB situation is a bit of an unkown, I like their coach, and the talent on that team is stacked from top to bottom. To me, as a Giant fan, they are the one team in the NFC that I'm not looking forward to playing.

I went out on a limb and picked San Diego as a team that won't make it. They went from a 14-2 top seeded team to an 11-5 team last year. Knowing Norv, they'll slide even further this year.

Granted, they did go the AFCCG last year, but I predict that Norvitis will pass its incubation period and the team will exhibit the symptoms of full blown Norvitis: lack of discipline, inexplicably bone headed plays at critical junctures, and just downright mediocrity.

I said Green Bay, Tampa Bay, and Tennessee. I just don't have the heart to vote for the Skins, but I don't think they'll make it back either. :( 2009, however, watch the eff out! :D

Dude - Minny's defense is going to be silly this year. They took one of the best DLine's in football, and added Jared Allen to it. Sick. Minny has a top 5 defense this year, bank on it.

Did you read my post lol? A good D-Line does not cover up the holes that their 32ND RANKED pass defense, thats right, last in the league, has. You have to have a semi-balanced defense, which Minnesota does not have.

Did you read my post lol? A good D-Line does not cover up the holes that their 32ND RANKED pass defense, thats right, last in the league, has. You have to have a semi-balanced defense, which Minnesota does not have.

I agree, although besides JA, I honestly don't know if they brought anyone else in. Even Reggie White wouldn't take that defense from bottom 1/3 to top 5.

One thing that will help them move up is facing Rodgers (sp?) instead of Favre. And they get to face John Kitna and Grossman 4 times as well.

Archived