Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Critique my Personal Ad

Mass_SkinsFan

There are certainly those women out there, more than you think. Thing is if you want a subservient woman you are going to need to be a solid provider (don't know what's up with your job situation). I would think most of those types of women want children though, but you hate kids. Compromise and communication is a crucial part of any relationship even friendships.

They are out there, but in VERY small numbers, KH. My brother Paul found one last year and married her last October. Unfortunately she's one of those that I wouldn't be able to deal with.... her whole theory on life is based on the Charismatic Christian upbringing she went through and as I said earlier, devout Christianity is a major turn-off for me at this point in my life.

The job situation is stable for the moment, and as for wanting kids.... medical technology has ways to deal with that potential issue before it becomes a problem.

Communication, I'll agree with, KH. Compromise is something I don't do well, in case you hadn't noticed.

I know this isn't the ask MSF thread but, If you met the perfect woman besides her wanting to have a kid or two, you would pass ?

Trust me I am not one to settle on my standards. I have a beautiful, amazing wife, but we are equals when it comes to decision making (But that is within my standards) . We talk religion, politics, sports, and pretty much every other topic in between. Knock on wood, we have been together for about 6 years now, and never even an argument because we communicate so well.

As far as the Christian aspect of your brother's wife; IIRC, your family is pretty religious though right ? So for your brother's standards she probably works out pretty well for him and vice versa.

I can't really explain it but when you meet that person...it just works. There is not a lot of work that you have to do on your part or hers. When people meet me and my wife they often think we are very different because I am a little more outgoing and she is reserved until she gets to know people and respects them.

Realistically we are very similar and we just don't share all of ourselves with random people until we get to know and respect them (even then we are still very private people regarding OUR personal business). Hell, two weeks ago we found out a former friend of ours is somewhat racist...her comments were so ignorant that we both just started to tune her out and left the party. My wife is still pissed about it (maybe more disappointed), because she really liked the girl, and the fact that her husband is also a Redskins fan.

I know this isn't the ask MSF thread but, If you met the perfect woman besides she wanting to have a kid or two, you would pass ?

KH, close your eyes for a moment and imagine being a little kid with ME as your father. Hopefully you won't have that nightmare for too many nights now. Trust me, I know that I would be an absolutely AWFUL parent. Besides, I just flat out don't like small children. Once they get over about 8-10 years old I can deal with them, but up to that point I have no patience with them.

Does that answer your question?

Trust me I am not one to settle on my standards. I have a beautiful amazing wife, but we are equals when it comes to decision making (But that is within my standards) . We talk religion, politics, sports, and pretty much every other topic in between. Knock on wood, we have been together for about 6 years now, and never even an argument because we communicate so well.

Congratulations on finding your wife and I wish you both all the best, KH.

As far as the Christian aspect of your brother's wife; IIRC, your family is pretty religious though right ? So for your brother's standards she probably works out pretty well for him and vice versa

Yes, she fits very well into his worldview. They actually met in Texas at a meeting for people working at Christian service projects and camps.

I can't really explain it but when you meet that person...it just works. There is not a lot of work that you have to do on your part or hers.

KH, I've never experienced anything like that, nor do I expect to. What I'm looking for just isn't very common or popular with the female population anymore; and I'm not very good at compromising.

KH, close your eyes for a moment and imagine being a little kid with ME as your father. Hopefully you won't have that nightmare for too many nights now. Trust me, I know that I would be an absolutely AWFUL parent. Besides, I just flat out don't like small children. Once they get over about 8-10 years old I can deal with them, but up to that point I have no patience with them.

Does that answer your question?

My wife, nor I want kids, so I certainly can see where you are coming from. However its not that we can't have or don't like kids (for an hour or so at a time), we just value our relationship so much that we don't need to detract or add from/to what we have. I love my nephews and have already planned on taking them to Disney World at the appropriate ages, but I don't want to keep them for the summer. haha.

On a side note, if you met the ideal woman that had a 8-10 year old child would you make an effort ? The only concern I would have is the father of this child, unless unfortunately for the child he was out of the picture.

Congratulations on finding your wife and I wish you both all the best, KH.

I appreciate that bro, thank you.

Yes, she fits very well into his worldview. They actually met in Texas at a meeting for people working at Christian service projects and camps.

So as far as they look at it, it works. Not for you but that is why she is your brothers wife and not yours.

KH, I've never experienced anything like that, nor do I expect to. What I'm looking for just isn't very common or popular with the female population anymore; and I'm not very good at compromising.

I hadn't either until it happened. It wasn't love at first sight or anything. It grew from a work environment that allowed us to communicate and get to know each other for about a year before we first went out.

I love my nephews and have already planned on taking them to Disney World at the appropriate ages, but I don't want to keep them for the summer. haha.

That's going to be one of the things I have to work on... Paul and Naomi are expecting their first child in early October. I really don't like babies. I'm terribly afraid that I'm going to break them considering how much of a clutz I can be at times. I don't change diapers. I don't like holding them. Now I'm going to have a neice or nephew and that's going to be a very odd thing for me.

On a side note, if you met the ideal woman that had a 8-10 year old child would you make an effort ? The only concern I would have is the father of this child, unless unfortunately for the child he was out of the picture.

I don't know. It probably wouldn't work. Regardless of the kid's age I would make an absolutely TERRIBLE father. I think we can all agree to that, considering my personality and beliefs. Especially if it was a girl.

I hadn't either until it happened. It wasn't love at first sight or anything. It grew from a work environment that allowed us to communicate and get to know each other for about a year before we first went out.

Yeah, I just don't see that sort of thing happening for me.

That "traditional values" piece is always a problem. "Woman who knows her place" is just really impolite and beyond good taste; but I want to make it clear that the "modern" woman isn't who I'm looking for either. I've never been able to find a phrase that's both reasonably polite and describes what I'm looking for.

A stepford wife? :laugh:

The%20Flick%20Chicks%20Movie%20Reviews%20critics%20The%20Stepford%20Wives%20-%202.jpg

I think i know someone...OHHH keeastman, where art thou???
Good call Slacky...I know that when people think of calm, docile, subservient women, I'm the first thing that pops up in their mind :rolleyes: ....in addition, a lot of my calm, docile, subserviant robot-like girlfriends would be fascinated to meet the great mind behind this post though, it would be kinda like a fun little, medieval clinical case study :laugh:

....in addition, a lot of my calm, docile, subserviant robot-like girlfriends would be fascinated to meet the great mind behind this post though, it would be kinda like a fun little, medieval clinical case study :laugh:

I don't know, could they do that extensive of a study in the maybe 10-12 minutes it would take me to decide that even being in the same room as them wasn't worth my time?

Obviously a first phone call/date is an interview...but you shouldn't make it an interrogation.

Obviously, but like any other job interview, once you realize the candidate doesn't have the necessary skills, talents, and training to do the job, do you really waste much more of your time or theirs?

I'm sure some of you will find this terribly humorous. Through some "interesting" circumstances I have received a "free" two week personal ad in one of our local singles publications. Personally I HATE these things but considering the circumstances I'm just going with the flow here. So here's what I'm proposing to use for the ad.....

Quote:

Educated, Professional, 33y.o., SWM enjoys reading, sports, and intellectual pursuit seeks SWF 28-35 y.o. for LTR. I'm a believer in traditional values and am looking for the same. Looks are less important than personality and the connection between us.

.... So what do you think? Will it even get a response?

Not bad...but I think you should define "traditional values" b/c everyone's traditional values are not the same..or I should say..everyone's idea of traditional values are not the same...other than that...not bad...

I don't know, could they do that extensive of a study in the maybe 10-12 minutes it would take me to decide that even being in the same room as them wasn't worth my time?

The extensive study would take at LEAST 13-15 minutes.

really? that was enough for a banning?

that's what I was thinking :(. Maybe the Wizard of OZ should be R rated.

Melting-Md.jpg

Ding-Dong! The Witch is Dead

Ding Dong! The Wicked Witch is dead.

Which old Witch?

The Wicked Witch!

Ding Dong! The Wicked Witch is dead.

Wake up, you sleepy head.

Rub your eyes

Get out of bed.

Wake up, the Wicked...

...Witch is dead!

She's gone where the Goblins go

Below...Below...Below

Yo - ho, let's open up and sing

And ring the bells out.

Ding Dong! The merry - oh!

Sing it high

Sing it...

...low

Let them know

The Wicked Witch is dead!

I must say good luck in your search.

I still do not understand why you are going along with the idea anyway if you don't want to do it. Saying no over and over will not create a docile working environment, I am not sure why you can't just tell them "please respect my decision to not go through with this because it is a waste of time and money".

I mean, you are such a hardass on these boards, I would think you would know how to deal with these types of situations in the real world.

Of course, I do not know your workplace, so the humoring could just be the only way out.

I wonder if I'll ever get back to a stage in my life where women aren't considered vermin to me. After all the stuff with my X I really try, but when I talk to a woman they ultimately say something that makes me want to punch their gold diggin', gold brickin' ass. Will they ever be normal after the divorce again?

I must say good luck in your search.

I still do not understand why you are going along with the idea anyway if you don't want to do it. Saying no over and over will not create a docile working environment, I am not sure why you can't just tell them "please respect my decision to not go through with this because it is a waste of time and money".

I mean, you are such a hardass on these boards, I would think you would know how to deal with these types of situations in the real world.

Of course, I do not know your workplace, so the humoring could just be the only way out.

Unfortunately my main way of dealing with it in the real world (walking away and completely disassociating myself from them) is not practical in this case. These are people I have to work closely with a minimum of 40 hours a week, every week. I can't just stand there and tell them to go **** themselves. It's not a practical option at this point. I'm hoping that PROVING to them once and for all that this isn't going to work will get them off my back. Sort of "killing them with kindness" if you will.

Archived