Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Critique my Personal Ad

Mass_SkinsFan

Honestly, I think for a man a personal ad is a waste of time unless your description is

"6'2, 200 lbs, hung like a horse, own my own business which nets me 2 million dollars a year, have properties in Paris, Barcelona, Rio, Cancun and Boston. Looking for a woman who wishes to live a life of luxury"

Or else, I'll say you get less then 3 responses, just because of the nature of personal ads

Let the old dames write the ad. Whether or not that's what eventually runs, I think you are missing a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to see how others view you. I've learned maybe as much about you by the fact that these ladies who work closely with you think you are worthy of this escapade, as I have by your numerous rants and such.

"My manner is as blunt as a cudgel, but my wit is as sharp as my longsword."

Use it Mass.

Again, too much space and too expensive. Besides, my wit isn't that sharp.

Where is the cliche line.."I love long walks at night". :D

I generally DON'T to be totally honest with you.

BTW,What would you do if someone answers the ad and she's hot, great personality, but you discover she is a Democrat and a Cow fan?

Sorry but by my definition of great personality they couldn't be a Democrat or a CowScum fan. If they are they don't fit the definition of a great personality so far as I'm concerned.

Honestly MSF it would take more space than the news paper has to provide women with an accurate description of your personality, likes/dislikes, etc. I don't think a few lines in the paper will be a success for you, the kind of woman you are probably interested in would be as difficult to find as somebody else in the entire country who shares your opinions on politics, life, sports, fun, etc.

Rock, the kind of woman I'd be interested in DOESN'T EXIST in this country anymore. Trust me, this wasn't MY idea, as I mentioned before. I gave up on the idea that I'll ever find a woman I could be in a LRT with or marry a long time ago. I'm just doing this to humor these co-workers of mine.

Honestly, I think for a man a personal ad is a waste of time unless your description is

Or else, I'll say you get less then 3 responses, just because of the nature of personal ads

That's fine with me. Three or less is very easy to go through and I think that even I could survive three dates without killing anyone.

Let the old dames write the ad. Whether or not that's what eventually runs, I think you are missing a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to see how others view you. I've learned maybe as much about you by the fact that these ladies who work closely with you think you are worthy of this escapade, as I have by your numerous rants and such.

To be honest Jimbo, I really don't want to see what they'd write. It would probably be so completely and totally incorrect as to be painful. Honestly, I think they've got an ulterior motive. My guess is that they've either got somebody they want to try and set me up with, or they're being "catty" about the fact that one of the other ladies in the office is taking credit for introducing one of our engineers to the lady who just became his wife when he first joined the company a couple years ago.

Are you serious with this ad? It seems to me that you dont want to do it and it is something you are being talked into doing.

If thats the case it wont matter what the ad says because you arent going to respond well anyways.

The ad is going to run, and I'm sure that SOMEBODY will probably respond. Therefore while I'm not in favor of doing this, I want to try and be as honest about who I am as possible. I'm trying to keep some level of an open mind about it, but if the experience is anything like what I've had from personal ads, internet dating sites and other things in the past, it's probably going to be an utter disaster.

If you're comfortable with it, then it's fine. You get what you advertise for, and I have a feeling that the women who would answer that ad are going to be the kind of people you're looking for.

~Bang

I'm sure some of you will find this terribly humorous. Through some "interesting" circumstances I have received a "free" two week personal ad in one of our local singles publications. Personally I HATE these things but considering the circumstances I'm just going with the flow here. So here's what I'm proposing to use for the ad.....

Educated, Professional, 33y.o., SWM enjoys reading, sports, and intellectual pursuit seeks SWF 28-35 y.o. for LTR. I'm a believer in traditional values and am looking for the same. Looks are less important than personality and the connection between us.

.... So what do you think? Will it even get a response?

MSF. . .I am not one for the personal adds, but I have been on dating sights, and I have been around the block when it comes to dating. If you need any advice how to play it after you get replies, feel free to pm me.

Now, if I was to critique it, I would give it a D-. . .I can tell you right away that 98% of the women will turn around and run the other way from the add. It screams out dork or mamas boy. Put something in there like enjoys philosophical debates, or role playing is a virtue of mine, you need to throw something in there about sex, and that you know what you are doing. . .but then again you are not attracted to, or want to attract, the same type of women that I do, so your add is probably spot on for the woman you are looking for.

If you're comfortable with it, then it's fine. You get what you advertise for, and I have a feeling that the women who would answer that ad are going to be the kind of people you're looking for.

The problem is that I'm not sure if I'm comfortable with it or not. There are parts of me that want to make it very long and specific and other parts that want to leave it as is.

the "LTR" is gonna attract the MILFS good choice my friend........

MILF is not a good thing in my mind. I HATE KIDS.

Oh, one other thing.

Good luck, MSF. Hopefully this will help you meet someone interesting.

I'm not sure if I hope it works or if it goes totally unanswered, Bang.

MSF. . .I am not one for the personal adds, but I have been on dating sights, and I have been around the block when it comes to dating. If you need any advice how to play it after you get replies, feel free to pm me.

Thanks for the offer, chom. I'm not sure if I'll take you up on it, but it's a nice gesture anyway. Personally I hate these things. The ads and the dating site commentaries are almost worthless in most cases as I'm sure you know.

Now, if I was to critique it, I would give it a D-. . .I can tell you right away that 98% of the women will turn around and run the other way from the add. It screams out dork or mamas boy. Put something in there like enjoys philosophical debates, or role playing is a virtue of mine, you need to throw something in there about sex, and that you know what you are doing. . .but then again you are not attracted to, or want to attract, the same type of women that I do, so your add is probably spot on for the woman you are looking for.

Chom, if 98% of the women turn and run the other way from it, it's probably done its job almost perfectly. By my quick math and guestimation from the Y2K census numbers there are probably less than 100K women out there IN THE ENTIRE USA who MIGHT fit my requirements. So weeding out as many as possible is probably a very good thing. I'd suggest the mama's boy thing isn't true but the dork portion is probably largely correct.

As for philosophical debates, role playing, etc.... when have I ever shown an interest in such things?

I know I'm a trading card, but I think for your sake you should define "traditional values."

Most women would ignore if he DID define it.

Change "traditional" to "1700s puritan" for values and you've got it. :laugh:

See there. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I'm waiting for the first post from a lovely lady ESer that says "MSF, I'll hook you up with one of my friends."

He has us all on ignore. He wouldn't know if we posted anything or not.

I'm not on speaking terms with most of them, so I'm not so sure I want to hear what most of them think on this one. :laugh:

I rest my case.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

He has us all on ignore. He wouldn't know if we posted anything or not.

As if any of you actually know any women who might fit the requirements, Blondie.

Come on, honestly I can't see ANY of the women I've talked to here at ES being willing to spend any time with the sort of woman that I'd be looking for; nevermind actually know them well enough to set me up with them.

As if any of you actually know any women who might fit the requirements, Blondie.

Come on, honestly I can't see ANY of the women I've talked to here at ES being willing to spend any time with the sort of woman that I'd be looking for; nevermind actually know them well enough to set me up with them.

You are very correct Mass.

I do not know any woman who chooses to go through life subservient to her husband, mate, man or what ever term.

I guess her personnal ad could be:

SWF looking for SWM to dominate her every thought and deed. I choose to have no mind of my own, so any thoughts you want me to have would be accepted. I have been chaste all of my life waiting for the man to come and carry me to his castle. I will not work outside of the home if you do not want me to do so, and if I am allowed, I will not make more money than you. I will be at your beck and call for any activity you so choose.

OK, I'll give it a try....

Single white neandertal voted "most likely to go postal" seeks docile, compliant Stepford woman to cook, clean, and do whatever the hell I tell her to do. Turn-ons include guns, xenophobia, and strict compliance with my orders. Turn-offs include independent thought, a desire to vote, and career ambitions over and above shuttin' up and makin' me a sammich.

Instead of a singles ad, maybe your co-workers would be willing to spring for a subscription for you here instead.

When I was in college I used to do magazine subscription renewal telemarketing. There was a political magazine (the name slips me) but the last 4 pages were basically ads for mail order bride magazines. I found that really odd but I still ordered like 5 of them for my dad as a practical joke.

He wasnt too happy :laugh:

You are very correct Mass.

I do not know any woman who chooses to go through life subservient to her husband, mate, man or what ever term.

Then would there really be any point in introducing me to anyone you know? I'd guess that would be the case for the entire female population here at ES as well.

Instead of a singles ad, maybe your co-workers would be willing to spring for a subscription for you here instead.

I pretty much doubt that anyone in that magazine is an American, so it wouldn't be worth the price of the subscription. Remember, so far as I'm concerned the worthwhile parts of the world fall off sharply at the end of American sovereign territory.

Archived