Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Critique my Personal Ad

Mass_SkinsFan

I'm sure some of you will find this terribly humorous. Through some "interesting" circumstances I have received a "free" two week personal ad in one of our local singles publications. Personally I HATE these things but considering the circumstances I'm just going with the flow here. So here's what I'm proposing to use for the ad.....

Educated, Professional, 33y.o., SWM enjoys reading, sports, and intellectual pursuit seeks SWF 28-35 y.o. for LTR. I'm a believer in traditional values and am looking for the same. Looks are less important than personality and the connection between us.

.... So what do you think? Will it even get a response?

Educated, Professional, 33y.o., SWM enjoys reading, sports, and intellectual pursuite seeks SWF 28-35 y.o. for LTR. I'm a believe in traditional values and am looking for the same. Looks are less important than personality and the connection between us.

I think you have 2 typos. Broads don't like typos.

I'm sure some of you will find this terribly humorous. Through some "interesting" circumstances I have received a "free" two week personal ad in one of our local singles publications. Personally I HATE these things but considering the circumstances I'm just going with the flow here. So here's what I'm proposing to use for the ad.....

.... So what do you think? Will it even get a response?

I'd say this would definitely get responses...then it's just a matter of weeding out those responses to get the women that you would actually be interested in

MSF, I know this girl who lives in Spencer, Mass. She's 29. She loves taking care of her man, and doing exactly what he tells her to do. She doesn't like to be asked what she wants to do. She hates to argue, but will open debate. But she doesnt want to change anyone's opinions on anything. She has no sense of humor.

In her free time, she likes to go to renaissance festivals, and play D&D. She takes part in competitive shooting. She travels to the Pennsic Wars.

She thinks everything she doesn't understand or know personally is irrelevant. She hates puppies. She does not believe people have a right to vote, instead they must earn it.

Would you be interested in her number? I'll hook it up.

I'm on ignore though, so you may never know your dream woman. :(

Where's the females of ES to chime in????

I'm not on speaking terms with most of them, so I'm not so sure I want to hear what most of them think on this one. :laugh:

I'd say this would definitely get responses...then it's just a matter of weeding out those responses to get the women that you would actually be interested in

Yeah, that's part of what I'm concerned about. Trying to figure out if their definition of "traditional" and mine are anywhere near the same. In the past it's been a pretty unsuccessful search for women whose definition agrees with mine.

I think that you should include the fact that you have your very own personal "ignore list" that numbers in the hundreds.

I'm trying to keep it short, sweet and to the point since "free" for me doesn't mean it's free for the person who's actually posting it for me.

A friend of mine once posted an ad that went something like:

I'm no good. I'll cheat on you, steal from you and disrespect you. You'll love it because you'll get to be the center of attention with your family and friends while you complain about all the terrible things I've done to you.

It was written better than that, I was just hitting the important points. He got a lot of interested responses, but he didn't follow through on any of them.

That thing is so bland. You should mention your re-enactments or something interesting

That would strike one thing to a woman: BORING

In reality "Boring" would largely describe my life, SHF. I'm actually a fairly private person in real life. I'd rather get to know somebody a bit before laying out all the details of my life to a complete stranger who I'm probably not going to like anyway.

Besides, I'm doing this under pretty serious protest so there's part of me that would almost like to see it get no responses, so I can let it run out in a couple weeks and just be done with it.

I'm not sure if traditional values sums you up accurately enough Mass. Not trying to hate on you here just thinking that to avoid some wasted time you might want to be more precise.

Unfortunately it's not cheap to post an ad in this particular publication so I'm trying to keep it as short and concise as possible, Destino; because while I'm not paying for it, somebody else is.

Besides, I'm doing this under pretty serious protest so there's part of me that would almost like to see it get no responses, so I can let it run out in a couple weeks and just be done with it.

Under protest? You don't strike me as the type of person who does thing (or can be forced to do things) that he doesn't want to do.

How are you being coerced into this?

Under protest? You don't strike me as the type of person who does thing (or can be forced to do things) that he doesn't want to do.

How are you being coerced into this?

This happens to be the brainchild of a quintet of female co-workers who are all my mother's age. We've had several fellow employees who are considerably younger than me get married in the last couple of months and so these ladies have decided that it's time for me to get off my lazy male butt and find a lady to settle down with.

After about a month of ongoing "discussion" on this topic they came to me about a week and a half ago and announced that they were going to place a personal ad in this publication for me at their expense and that I could either write it myself or THEY would write it for me (Good Lord I don't want to think what they'd put in there). So to try and keep peace and harmony in the office I'm grudgingly going through with this.

Hey Tulane,

:stfu:

Seriously. Shouldn't you be falling for some BS article on the DailyKos regarding Bush which will then be debunked by Snopes and anybody with reason?

Mass, liven that jonkst up a little.

"I'm quick-witted with a cunning intellect" or something like that.

Archived