Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Boycott (Sean Bell related)

Thinking Skins

I'm confused Sith,ain't we glad the brothers got off this time?

Ohhh no TWA. It's not about the defendants' color in this case, but it's about the defendant's color in the OJ case. Evidently it's ok to pick and choose when the race card enters the equation.

Yep. Cops are terrorists, everyone knows that.

Just like everyone knows every black man is a crack dealer. :rolleyes:

I swear.

Just ri-dic-u-lous.

:doh:

So much for an actual debate. Again.

I knew the fuzz had it in for me...

I better hide my assault rifles and crack, I dont want them setting me up!!

That's fine and dandy and I'm not into boycotting anything because it never works, but say the samething to the people who still hold a grudge over the OJ acquittal. Remember, it was the jury's right to acquit him.
Agreed, we all have our own opinions on the OJ trial and how it went down, but in the end, they acquitted him and there is no double jeopardy. Officially, he's not guilty and we must abide by that ruling. Innocent until proven guilty...maybe the people supporting the boycott should remember that.

Edited for PC terms...whether OJ was 'innocent' or not is up for grabs.

Agreed, we all have our own opinions on the OJ trial and how it went down, but in the end, they acquitted him and there is no double jeopardy. Officially, he's innocent and we must abide by that ruling. Innocent until proven guilty...maybe the people supporting the boycott should remember that.

Actually, he is official 'not guilty'. I seriously don't that ****er is innocent of anything.

Ohhh no TWA. It's not about the defendants' color in this case, but it's about the defendant's color in the OJ case. Evidently it's ok to pick and choose when the race card enters the equation.
Unfortunately, this seems to be the case in this society for the most part, and the longer situations like this are allowed to escalate, then the longer it will be until our society can recognize each person as equal. Sad but probably true...Just like the jury had the right to acquit OJ and did so, the judge in the Bell case had the same exact right and he acquitted those cops. End of story, unless the Feds see otherwise.

So who should black people riot against if 2 of the defendants were black? Do you go burn Harlem?

No,No, the defendants are the man(they just look Black but sold out) and the "establishment" has gotta pay.

Besides they got better stuff to loot ;)

Kinda funny that someone would post a thread about this today. There were 20-30 people in front of Madison Square Garden staging a small protest and promoting this just a few hours ago. They were chanting a few slogans and had a sign that said "No Justice, No Peace." One man had a poster with a swastika on it. doh.gif Five or six local news channels had cameramen around. Pretty interesting scene.

I'm with Thinking Skins. The reasons he gives are sound, and I believe he is correct in that this is a case of Blue covering Blue. I'd like to think that if they shot a white guy that many times they'd get off just as well, and part of me thinks that Blue will protect Blue regardless. (In many cases, certainly not all.)

As much as I can't stand Al Sharpton, I think he's right in this case, and he's taken a positive approach as to how to handle it rather than just flying off the handle.

I understand the anger and frustration. It IS excessive to blow off that many shots, especially when they're hitting nearby places that could harm innocent people, and especially since no one was firing back.

Now I understand the vehicle bearing down on them is a weapon, but simply jumping out of the way of a vehicle you have time to fire fifty shots at can't be all THAT hard to do. I don't see the sense of standing there playing Rambo.

This will likely be one of the few times that you'll hear me say I agree totally with Sith Lord on this one.

It's inexcusable in my opinion, and it's insulting.

~Bang

swastika?whats the point of that

I guess he was insinuating that the NYPD is racist or that the dude sees similarities between how the NYPD and fascists operate. whoknows.gif

Apparently he was at odds with the majority of the other protesters because he never actually held the sign up. I never saw it until I passed him in Penn Station and even then he was trying to hide it.

I'm with Thinking Skins. The reasons he gives are sound, and I believe he is correct in that this is a case of Blue covering Blue. I'd like to think that if they shot a white guy that many times they'd get off just as well, and part of me thinks that Blue will protect Blue regardless. (In many cases, certainly not all.)

As much as I can't stand Al Sharpton, I think he's right in this case, and he's taken a positive approach as to how to handle it rather than just flying off the handle.

I understand the anger and frustration. It IS excessive to blow off that many shots, especially when they're hitting nearby places that could harm innocent people, and especially since no one was firing back.

Now I understand the vehicle bearing down on them is a weapon, but simply jumping out of the way of a vehicle you have time to fire fifty shots at can't be all THAT hard to do. I don't see the sense of standing there playing Rambo.

This will likely be one of the few times that you'll hear me say I agree totally with Sith Lord on this one.

~Bang

I appreciate that.

Guest sith lord

~Bang

You're on the good side for a change. ;)

Here's an idea. Stop committing crimes. Easy as that. If you do nothing wrong and obey the Police you have nothing to worry about. The "brutality" only comes out when someone, guilty or not, decides they don't have to obey the Police or worse fight the Police.

Police simply don't beat or kill random black people they are provoked into ecalating force. If you dress like a criminal, act like a criminal and respond like a criminal, you're probably a criminal no matter what your race is.

You're on the good side for a change. ;)

I'm on your side more often than you realize. I just bristle when you and a few others refer to these troubles and such as being perped by "whites" ....which while in most of these cases you discuss is technically true, it tends to lump us all together. Most of us don't want racism and injustice any more than you do.

By using the broad-brush term, it makes me no different than David Duke, since we're the same color, and you can see how I might resent that.

Ive said it before, and i stand by it.. there's a lot more of us (of all races) who want this junk gone from our lives than there are who would like it to continue as in times past. You've got a lot more allies than you realize.

~Bang

Here's an idea. Stop committing crimes. Easy as that. If you do nothing wrong and obey the Police you have nothing to worry about. The "brutality" only comes out when someone, guilty or not, decides they don't have to obey the Police or worse fight the Police.

Police simply don't beat or kill random black people they are provoked into ecalating force. If you dress like a criminal, act like a criminal and respond like a criminal, you're probably a criminal no matter what your race is.

wow. What will it take to show you that your comments are wrong. Look at my earlier post, where I had a gun pulled on me for getting lost. What crime is that? Thankfully I didn't get shot 50 times, but I was horrified that I would be because I offended the cop for being too nice.

So what do you need? Stats? video? news stories? Case profiles? Evidence? These police brutality issues have been happening for centuries, and at a disproportianate rate against Blacks. You act like I'm Spike Lee just making up these stories?

Okay so lets see here:

-Young man is brutally shot by the police (Okay)

-Police are aquitted in a shocking decision (Alright then...)

-Some guy with a gmail account thinks it's a white man conspiracy (Uhh...umm okay, I guess...)

-Said guy urges people everywhere to stop buying any products at all. (Wait, what?)

No, I'm afraid you've lost me :(

So who should black people riot against if 2 of the defendants were black? Do you go burn Harlem?

Actually, that's been the approach taken when the defendants were white, and the real problem with riots. The rioters destroyed their own neighborhoods and infrastructure, and hurt their own small business owners.

wow. What will it take to show you that your comments are wrong. Look at my earlier post, where I had a gun pulled on me for getting lost. What crime is that? Thankfully I didn't get shot 50 times, but I was horrified that I would be because I offended the cop for being too nice.

So what do you need? Stats? video? news stories? Case profiles? Evidence? These police brutality issues have been happening for centuries, and at a disproportianate rate against Blacks. You act like I'm Spike Lee just making up these stories?

I have had a gun drawn on me as well and I'm white. What kind of neighborhood were you in at the time? One that sees alot of crime? You were more than likely a victim of your surroundings. As was the case with me.

I think it is safe to assume you believe that the reason why there are more Blacks in prison than any other race is due to the "white man" keeping them down. Not the fact that crime is glorified in some parts of the African American culture and some believe it is a right of passage.

Guest sith lord

Well, what advise would you had given the black man that was on his porch just reaching for his wallet and got hit with 41 bullets. I don't believe he was "dressed like criminal" whatever that mean.

~Bang

QFT. This reminds me of the scene in Austin Powers where he's driving the steam-roller at 2 MPH and yelling at the guard to get out of the way... only this time I picture some guy driving a car at 2 MPH and the cops are yelling at him to stop... and then halfway there they open fire.

Or to put it the other way, have we just given police the legal right to pump 50 bullets it someone if he looks like a suspect? That's not right. Police have to be able to restrain their ability to use deadly force. I understand it's a dangerous job, but I think they are hyper-sensitive. They have chosen a career path is dangerous, but I think they have gone too far to protect their safety.

To put it another way, our forces in the Army have specific rules of engagement, do police have similar "rules of engagement" or is it always a judgement call? I don't think the cops RoE here would stand up to a military tribunal... although cops have never been as professional as Army.

I've never had to deal with them, but knew an older guy who was always getting harrassed by the cops simply because he was an ex-felon and on probation and they knew that he could've legally refuse a search of his car. They whenever they saw him, they would pull him over and make him take all of his stuff out of his car, and put it by the side of the road. Then they would see the car was clean, and it was his problem to deal with it.

Archived