Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Boycott (Sean Bell related)

Thinking Skins

Well, what advise would you had given the black man that was on his porch just reaching for his wallet and got hit with 41 bullets. I don't believe he was "dressed like criminal" whatever that mean.

The advise I would have given the black man that was on his porch just reaching for his wallet is simple. Do not move unless told to and when you are told to move slowly. Don't just arbitrarily reach for your wallet when you have guns pointed at you.

I understand what you're saying, and commend you for the way you view people. The sad thing though is that many people (both Black and White) are not like you and do see and judge people based on race. The mere facts that police defend racial profiling shows that they look at race and judge people accordingly. Whether its setting race relations back to point out that racial profiling is racist, I guess is a subjective thing - because you say its setting race relations back and I think its important to talk about this in a dialogue on race. Particularly if, as you state in your post that after the Civil Rights act everyone was assumed equal. Then why are they profiling based on race? When has there ever been a story about the police lynching a White man? What about the police shooting a White man 50 times? 41 times? Beating a White man?

I'm not going to say that these things do not exist, but the fact that they have happened so commonly in the Black community cannot be ignored. You jokingly called these people anti American, but you kinda just brushed off the what the cops did. And thats what always happens in these cases. The cops are always assumed to be acting in good intent. The Black guy "must have done something wrong", or as you put it, "The cops involved say the acquaintance had a gun in the car", but no gun was found in his car or on him. THE COPS LIED. They had no excuse to shoot the man, but they were let go. And the judge believes them and suddenly the propesters are called bad because they notice the apparent racism in this case?

I'm sorry, but it seems like those cops just told you that 1 + 1 = 3 and you're just sitting and nodding your head. Sorry, but I'm not buying it.

Uh, there was another thread on this, and I told you about another time it happened. Only a few months ago, a friend of mine was shot, while in his car, on I-95, by a police officer. He's a white guy, it didn't make the front page because no one thought it was a big enough deal. Tell me my friend isn't as important as some guy you don't know.

If you can actually do that then you are full of it.

Guest sith lord
The advise I would have given the black man that was on his porch just reaching for his wallet is simple. Do not move unless told to and when you are told to move slowly. Don't just arbitrarily reach for your wallet when you have guns pointed at you.

Or maybe the police should just calm down and stop being so trigger happy.

41 bullets?

Or maybe the police should just calm down and stop being so trigger happy.

41 bullets?

So, what should the Police do? Wait for the guy to actually draw down on the Police or even worse shot an officer.

If the man made a move, such as reaching for his wallet, it is assumed he is reaching for a gun no matter the race. The reason why you don't hear about this happening to white guys is because of two reasons; 1) MOST white guys follow the directions of the cops and treat them as a form of authority, not opression. 2) The media and Al "I'm a bigot" Sharpton won't give a story such as this the time of day.

The Police will not kill you for no reason. PERIOD.

You guys do know that they actually hit one of the officers with the car right? When I first heard about the story I thought the exact same thing, what does opening fire on a car do if its going to hit you? But it doesn't seem it was a situation where the officers could've easily gotten out of the way.

They went in reverse and hit a fence, went forward and hit one of the cop's and ran into a cop van. How many times they went back and forth and hit things isn't known, but at least once. Which kinda answers how the cops could've had enough time to unload so many rounds. They're not guilty of murder.

They're guilty of being terrible cops and ****ing the situation up.

So, what should the Police do? Wait for the guy to actually draw down on the Police or even worse shot an officer.

If the man made a move, such as reaching for his wallet, it is assumed he is reaching for a gun no matter the race. The reason why you don't hear about this happening to white guys is because of two reasons; 1) MOST white guys follow the directions of the cops and treat them as a form of authority, not opression. 2) The media and Al "I'm a bigot" Sharpton won't give a story such as this the time of day.

The Police will not kill you for no reason. PERIOD.

You can't just throw out blanket statements about white people. It sounds ridiculous. And my black friends follow directions to a T because they know its possible they might get unfair treatment. The friends that act like jackasses and scream **** the police are the white ones.

Guest sith lord
You guys do know that they actually hit one of the officers with the car right? When I first heard about the story I thought the exact same thing, what does opening fire on a car do if its going to hit you? But it doesn't seem it was a situation where the officers could've easily gotten out of the way.

They went in reverse and hit a fence, went forward and hit one of the cop's and ran into a cop van. How many times they went back and forth and hit things isn't known, but at least once. Which kinda answers how the cops could've had enough time to unload so many rounds. They're not guilty of murder.

They're guilty of being terrible cops and ****ing the situation up.

You can't just throw out blanket statements about white people. It sounds ridiculous. And my black friends follow directions to a T because they know its possible they might get unfair treatment. The friends that act like jackasses and scream **** the police are the white ones.

Exactly. I just seen a video yesterday where a white man was in police custody acting a fool. He was kicking the police car window/bars and screaming his lungs out. The police officers on the scene came and asked him "DO YOU WANT TO GET TAZZERD!?!?"

Uh, there was another thread on this, and I told you about another time it happened. Only a few months ago, a friend of mine was shot, while in his car, on I-95, by a police officer. He's a white guy, it didn't make the front page because no one thought it was a big enough deal. Tell me my friend isn't as important as some guy you don't know.

If you can actually do that then you are full of it.

why would I want to do that? I'm not saying this is EXCLUSIVELY a Black thing, just that its ignored, especailly in the case when Blacks are the victim. Your friends story is an important story, a sad one, but definately an important one. Police Brutality is definately a vice of this country and it needs to be dealt with.

why would I want to do that? I'm not saying this is EXCLUSIVELY a Black thing, just that its ignored, especailly in the case when Blacks are the victim. Your friends story is an important story, a sad one, but definately an important one. Police Brutality is definately a vice of this country and it needs to be dealt with.

I agree with you that police brutality needs to be dealt with. It simply pisses me off that whenever anyone describes a victim of a crime their race is the first thing mentioned. Why? Race shouldn't mean squat, so you have more pigment in your skin and coarse hair.

My point that I was trying to make, but I really don't want to offend anyone, is that race isn't the issue and shouldn't even be brought to the table, it's the actions of the Officers.

My point that I was trying to make, but I really don't want to offend anyone, is that race isn't the issue and shouldn't even be brought to the table, it's the actions of the Officers.
Two sides to every coin my friend.

e.g.

1) MOST white guys follow the directions of the cops and treat them as a form of authority, not opression.

I agree with you that police brutality needs to be dealt with. It simply pisses me off that whenever anyone describes a victim of a crime their race is the first thing mentioned. Why? Race shouldn't mean squat, so you have more pigment in your skin and coarse hair.

One of the main reasons I bring race into the equation is because Blacks are pulled over (note I'm not even talking about the arrests) at such a much higher rate. The reason behind this is RACIAL PROFILING, which says that Blacks should be pulled over at a higher rate. So they introduce race into the equation, not me. Then the issue of police brutality is hightened when these people being pulled over are abused because the racial profiling kinda makes it more likely that an innocent Black man will suffer police brutality for doing nothing wrong.

Archived