Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Boycott (Sean Bell related)

Thinking Skins

I got this a few days ago.

Conversation: Boycott

Subject: Boycott

There are approximately 23 days left to the NATIONAL BOYCOTT(May19-23). As many of you may know, the NYPD detectives in the Sean Bell murder trial were acquitted on all charges. The judge in the case had made his decision based on the fact that the demeanor and background of Mr. Bell and his friends had warranted the detectives to shoot over 50 times. This judicial decision cannot go unanswered. Go back to the 80's with the death of Micheal Stewart and Eleanor bumpers to name a few. Go back even further to a time when it was legal to lynch African Americans. For too long we have sat idlely by while we let the "establishment" shoot our leaders(Malcolm/Martin/Medgar) and our young black/hispanic men(Stewart/Baez/Bell) and have done NOTHING about it.

Now is the time to move to action. We must make this stand because if we do not, they will continue to just kill our leaders and young men when it suits them knowing they will not be held to the same judicial consequences as the average citizens. We can no longer turn a blind eye, because it may happen to us. The only thing that the establishment understands is the almighty dollar.

So remember, do all necessary shopping prior to the MAY 19th (May17 & 18). Buy no gas; fill up before. Do grocery shopping before. Carpool to work, if possible ride a bike or walk to work. Bring bagged lunch to work or leftovers.Spend not one penny that week. Make a donation of at least $5.00 to a Black/Hispanic organization. PLEASE PASS THIS ON.

... The judge in the case had made his decision based on the fact that the demeanor and background of Mr. Bell and his friends had warranted the detectives to shoot over 50 times....

I'm pretty sure this is not accurate.

Conversation: Boycott

Subject: Boycott

There are approximately 23 days left to the NATIONAL BOYCOTT(May19-23).

Horrible grammar. Should be 'There are approximately 23 days left UNTIL the...'

I thought you weren't buying anything for another 23 days. Damn.

You want me to buy into your little boycott, use better grammar. ;)

Horrible grammar. Should be 'There are approximately 23 days left UNTIL the...'

I thought you weren't buying anything for another 23 days. Damn.

You want me to buy into your little boycott, use better grammar. ;)

You're not their target audience, rince.

Their target audience is the people that needed "(May 17 & 18)" to know what the days before May 19 were. :laugh:

I guess you could argue they're anti-American by not supporting our economy during a difficult period.:doh:

Seriously, the more I hear about this shooting, the more I'm fed up. The justice system had their look at the case, and the judge acquitted them. It isn't about what we think, it's about what the judge decided. He acquitted them, and that's his right to do so. I understand that the family is upset over this, and if it were my family I would be too.

But the judge has handed down his decision, what good will this boycott do? The followers of this boycott aren't looking for justice, they're looking for somebody to go down because 50 shots were fired. The cops involved say the acquaintance had a gun in the car he was going to get, and if that is true, then they felt compelled to protect themselves. Then people say 50 shots is ridiculous, but none of them were there when it happened, so they don't know the story first hand.

The fact that they're going to follow through with this boycott says a lot about where we are as a nation regarding race relations. I thought after the Civil Rights Act that everyone was assumed equal? Apparently the followers of this boycott, most of whom are African-American, don't know that they're setting race relations back with this message. On one hand, they want to be seen as equal, but then when something like this happens, something that happens everyday regardless of race mind you, they feel compelled to pull out the race card and claim unfairness. Al Sharpton comes in and joins the fight, and for the wrong reasons, because he wants attention. He even called Obama up and blasted him for "grandstanding to the white people" by opposing the boycott. Can we give it a break? Shows you right there that somebody doesn't want equality, they always want to remind people of their race. True equality means we don't think twice about our race, and the more people act up like this, the longer it will be until we realize full equality. I take people for who they are, regardless of race or political beliefs, why can't we all do the same? Just because the judge analyzed the facts of the case and came back with an unfavorable verdict, the masses call him a racist.:doh:

I don't care if anyone flames away about this post, but it's about time someone spoke the truth.

Guest sith lord
I guess you could argue they're anti-American by not supporting our economy during a difficult period.:doh:

Seriously, the more I hear about this shooting, the more I'm fed up. The justice system had their look at the case, and the judge acquitted them. It isn't about what we think, it's about what the judge decided. He acquitted them, and that's his right to do so. I understand that the family is upset over this, and if it were my family I would be too.

But the judge has handed down his decision, what good will this boycott do? The followers of this boycott aren't looking for justice, they're looking for somebody to go down because 50 shots were fired. The cops involved say the acquaintance had a gun in the car he was going to get, and if that is true, then they felt compelled to protect themselves. Then people say 50 shots is ridiculous, but none of them were there when it happened, so they don't know the story first hand.

The fact that they're going to follow through with this boycott says a lot about where we are as a nation regarding race relations. I thought after the Civil Rights Act that everyone was assumed equal? Apparently the followers of this boycott, most of whom are African-American, don't know that they're setting race relations back with this message. On one hand, they want to be seen as equal, but then when something like this happens, something that happens everyday regardless of race mind you, they feel compelled to pull out the race card and claim unfairness. Al Sharpton comes in and joins the fight, and for the wrong reasons, because he wants attention. He even called Obama up and blasted him for "grandstanding to the white people" by opposing the boycott. Can we give it a break? Shows you right there that somebody doesn't want equality, they always want to remind people of their race. True equality means we don't think twice about our race, and the more people act up like this, the longer it will be until we realize full equality. I take people for who they are, regardless of race or political beliefs, why can't we all do the same? Just because the judge analyzed the facts of the case and came back with an unfavorable verdict, the masses call him a racist.:doh:

I don't care if anyone flames away about this post, but it's about time someone spoke the truth.

That's fine and dandy and I'm not into boycotting anything because it never works, but say the samething to the people who still hold a grudge over the OJ acquittal. Remember, it was the jury's right to acquit him.

That's fine and dandy and I'm not into boycotting anything because it never works, but say the samething to the people who still hold a grudge over the OJ acquittal. Remember, it was the jury's right to acquit him.

Damn it.

I missed the riot AND the boycott.

Who the **** had me on their phone tree???

:mad:

;)

Oh for hell's sake. Can you please get over the racial issue with the OJ acquittal? Sure, some racist people in America might be mad that a black person got off...whatever, that's their problem...but I'm confident in stating that is not the majority of the people.

I can just about guarantee you that the vast majority of people upset with the case were NOT upset about a black man getting off, but they were upset about a GUILTY man getting away with murder and flaunting it. Stop looking at everything through your racially-motivated glasses and grow up.

As for the boycott well, that's just idiotic. I understand the families have a right to be upset...it certainly sounds like excessive forced was used in this case. But to go so far as sending out a factually inaccurate account of the acquittal (at least from what I've read about the case) and encourage a boycott of something completely unrelated is ridiculous. And it will work about as good as all other boycotts work.....

Finally, what the hell does a hispanic organization have to do with ANYTHING? Why send money to a black or hispanic org.??

Guest sith lord
Oh for hell's sake. Can you please get over the racial issue with the OJ acquittal? Sure, some racist people in America might be mad that a black person got off...whatever, that's their problem...but I'm confident in stating that is not the majority of the people.

I can just about guarantee you that the vast majority of people upset with the case were NOT upset about a black man getting off, but they were upset about a GUILTY man getting away with murder and flaunting it. Stop looking at everything through your racially-motivated glasses and grow up.

As for the boycott well, that's just idiotic. I understand the families have a right to be upset...it certainly sounds like excessive forced was used in this case. But to go so far as sending out a factually inaccurate account of the acquittal (at least from what I've read about the case) and encourage a boycott of something completely unrelated is ridiculous. And it will work about as good as all other boycotts work.....

Finally, what the hell does a hispanic organization have to do with ANYTHING? Why send money to a black or hispanic org.??

People like me our sick and tired of the double standard. It seems like everytime a black man is killed or have his head beat in by a cop, an acquittal follows. When does it end? MDReddskinsfan pretty much said that the cops got acquitted, lets move on. It just proves what many of us know, a black man's life doesn't mean much in this society.

People like me our sick and tired of the double standard. MDReddskinsfan pretty much said that the cops got acquitted, lets move on. It just proves what many of us know, a black man's life doesn't mean much in this society.

Especially to other black men, apparently.

Meet the defendents in this case:

24bell-190.jpg

I understand what you're saying, and commend you for the way you view people. The sad thing though is that many people (both Black and White) are not like you and do see and judge people based on race. The mere facts that police defend racial profiling shows that they look at race and judge people accordingly. Whether its setting race relations back to point out that racial profiling is racist, I guess is a subjective thing - because you say its setting race relations back and I think its important to talk about this in a dialogue on race. Particularly if, as you state in your post that after the Civil Rights act everyone was assumed equal. Then why are they profiling based on race? When has there ever been a story about the police lynching a White man? What about the police shooting a White man 50 times? 41 times? Beating a White man?

I'm not going to say that these things do not exist, but the fact that they have happened so commonly in the Black community cannot be ignored. You jokingly called these people anti American, but you kinda just brushed off the what the cops did. And thats what always happens in these cases. The cops are always assumed to be acting in good intent. The Black guy "must have done something wrong", or as you put it, "The cops involved say the acquaintance had a gun in the car", but no gun was found in his car or on him. THE COPS LIED. They had no excuse to shoot the man, but they were let go. And the judge believes them and suddenly the propesters are called bad because they notice the apparent racism in this case?

I'm sorry, but it seems like those cops just told you that 1 + 1 = 3 and you're just sitting and nodding your head. Sorry, but I'm not buying it.

Guest sith lord

24bell-190.jpg

I could care less if they were black, blue or green. They should be in jail.

24bell-190.jpg

Understand HH, this is not about Whites against Blacks. Its more about Blue (as in police) against Blacks. There is a history throughout this nation of police brutality against Blacks. And it seems like in so many of the cases the officer is assumed to be right for using excessive force and the Black guy is assumed to be in the wrong.

How can the cops justify shooting an unarmed man 50 times? Oh yeah, I forgot to say he was a Black man. Is it now justified?

Archived