Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Boycott (Sean Bell related)

Thinking Skins

I could care less if they were black, blue or green. They should be in jail.

Well then so should OJ.........As you said (and I agree btw they were guilty) they should go to jail regardless of their color........How then can you say (as you said last week in other thread about Sean Bell) that you had no problem with OJ gettting off?

Understand HH, this is not about Whites against Blacks. Its more about Blue (as in police) against Blacks. There is a history throughout this nation of police brutality against Blacks. And it seems like in so many of the cases the officer is assumed to be right for using excessive force and the Black guy is assumed to be in the wrong.

How can the cops justify shooting an unarmed man 50 times? Oh yeah, I forgot to say he was a Black man. Is it now justified?

Oh, I've got it now.

So every cop is a crooked bigot.

We can make that broad, asinine genalization, but when the police do it, it's bad.

Gotcha.

:rolleyes:

Like I've said before. Cases like this are news because of their RARITY. That's a good thing. That doesn't bring Sean Bell back to his family. I get that. But your assertion that there's some vast conspiracy for police officers nationwide to "get" black people, is patently false. Especially in this case, where two of the three officers were black.

Must be an awful damn good police academy though, to convince them to help eradicate their own people. :rolleyes:

Well then so should OJ.........As you said (and I agree btw they were guilty) they should go to jail regardless of their color........How then can you say (as you said last week in other thread about Sean Bell) that you had no problem with OJ gettting off?

I'm dying to see this answered honestly.

Guest sith lord

OJ got off because the prosecution was sloppy. There was a lot of evidence against OJ, but that glove thing they tried killed their case.

OJ got off because the prosecution was sloppy. There was a lot of evidence against OJ, but that glove thing they tried killed their case.

And the prosecution was sloppy in this case as well (as stated in the cnn article and I believe by the judge). There you go then.......Blame the prosecution. This has nothing to do with the white man.

Guest sith lord
And the prosecution was sloppy in this case as well (as stated in the cnn article and I believe by the judge). There you go then.......Blame the prosecution. This has nothing to do with the white man.

Who said it had anything to do with the white man? We all know that these cops shot an unarmed man 50 times. They admitted it. OJ NEVER admitted to killing Brown and Goldman. That does make a difference. What more needs to be said?

Who said it had anything to do with the white man? We all know that these cops shot an unarmed man 50 times. They admitted it. OJ NEVER admitted to killing Brown and Goldman. That does make a difference. What more needs to be said?

"I didn't do it, but if I did, here's how I did it."

Guest sith lord
"I didn't do it, but if I did, here's how I did it."

I admit, OJ was dumb to say that, but that's not a confession. That wouldn't even hold up in court.

Oh, I've got it now.

So every cop is a crooked bigot.

We can make that broad, asinine genalization, but when the police do it, it's bad.

Gotcha.

:rolleyes:

Like I've said before. Cases like this are news because of their RARITY. That's a good thing. That doesn't bring Sean Bell back to his family. I get that. But your assertion that there's some vast conspiracy for police officers nationwide to "get" black people, is patently false. Especially in this case, where two of the three officers were black.

Must be an awful damn good police academy though, to convince them to help eradicate their own people. :rolleyes:

Nah, cases like this are in the news because of their excessiveness. There are police brutality cases that go unnoticed every day. Generally the police are 'smart' enough to only shoot the guy a few times or only beat him badly. Just look at the so many of the Black death row inmates in Dallas County who are now getting off on DNA evidence. Many of them say that they only confessed because the police 'beat it out of them'.

In regards to your first comment, I never said anything about every cop being bad. My problem with America and in particular the media's depiction of the police in America is the assumption that EVERY COP IS GOOD. Neither extreme is good. So the assumption that these courtrooms have that 'the cops are professional so they must have been acting in the best interest of the law' shouldn't always be assumed. Particularly when they shoot an unarmed man 50 times.

Nowhere have I stated that every cop is a bad cop. My problem with the police though is that I don't know which ones are the good ones and which ones are the bad ones. I remember the first time I got pulled over in DC, and the cop asked me why I was being so nice. He actually told me I was offending him by being too nice. How can I be too nice to a cop pointing a freaking gun in my face? Oh and do you want to know why he was pointing a gun in my face? Because I was going too slowly down Irving St. I guess he thought I was about to do a driveby or something. The problem couldn't be, as I told him, that I made a wrong turn off Georgia Avenue and was trying to find Michigan Avenue.

But maybe you can't relate to my experiences because you may have never experienced it yourself. But please don't just dismiss it as if I'm just being negative for the point of being negative. Don't just think I'm trying to cause trouble with the police 'cause its the cool thing to do'. I'm qustioning the tactics of the police because they're racist. How can police say that people are treated equally and then with the next breath defend racial profiling? Defend shooting a man 41 times (Amadu Dialo)? Defend shooting a man 50 times (Sean Bell)?

Like I said, if this happened to a White man, those cops would be getting the death penalty, no questions asked. But it happened to a Black man, so case dismissed. Thats just the American way. Is sad, but its the American way.

I could care less if they were black, blue or green. They should be in jail.

For what?

50 shot were fired in 10 seconds. Its not like they were blasting away for 2 minutes. When you are scared you don't even realize you are firing that much. Hell, the cop who fired 31 thought his weapon had jammed becaue he emptied it so quick.

Cops had reason to belive that they had a gun. Hell, at least two of the people who were shot had past gun charges and I know one of them was a felon.

I seriously doubt that the cops just picked some random black guys to shoot up. The more I hear about the facts of the case the more I belive the cops.

Was it tragic? Yes. Did he deserve to do? No. What's the proper punishment for something like this? I honestly don't know.

Cops have a hard enough job and I will criticize them then I feel the facts do not match up to the case. In this instance I feel the cops were right. In shooting the kid in DC I think they were wrong.

Guest sith lord
One bullet or 50, a man is dead.

One bullet or 50, the result is the same.

One bullet or 50, the result is the only thing that matters.

I beg to differ. You might survive one bullet, but you WILL NOT survive 50.

But maybe you can't relate to my experiences because you may have never experienced it yourself.

I'll make you a deal. (And I'm sorry to use you as the example, I'm just sick of this kind of logic.)

So I'm not black. Therefore, I can't possibly understand what it's like to be a black man in this country. Fair enough, right?

You've never been a cop. I have. So you can't talk to me about what law enforcement is like.

Deal?

I'll make you a deal. (And I'm sorry to use you as the example, I'm just sick of this type of logic.)

I'm not black. So obviously, I have no idea what it's like to be a black man in this country. Fair enough.

You've never been a cop. I have. So if I can't tell you what I think about a case involving a black man, you can't talk about the police.

Deal?

Alright, fair deal. I won't try to dismiss the cop's motives. But if I see the cop doing something I don't understand like racial profiling, or shooting a guy 50 times, I've got to question it. And when I hear that they shot him 50 times because they saw something that 'looked like a gun' when there was no gun in the victim's posession, not even anything resembling a gun, I've got to question how they got off.

Somebody said it was a bad prosecution and I can believe that to an extent. But again, I look at how often this happens: we see apparent police brutality against a Black man, it goes to trial, and the police officer(s) is found not guilty. Remember Rodney King? Do we really need to riot each time this happens? How many bad lawyers are there in America? If you look at the number of times a Black man has taken a police officer to court for police brutality charges and the officer was found not guilty, the percentage is rediculous! Its to a point where it raises questions. Is it the police? Is it the judges? Is it the system? Is it America?

http://www.thuglifearmy.com/news/?id=4331

I got my first car when I was 18. "Now when you get pulled over, it's a serious thing," my dad said to me before he handed me the keys to a brown Toyota Celica. "You keep your hands on the wheel if you get stopped. Move slowly. If you are going to reach for anything like a wallet you tell him what you are going to do and do it slow. If you move too fast they will kill you." There was a seriousness in his eyes and his tone that I knew better than to ignore. But in my head, a part of me, said, "All right Pop slow down. This ain't the deep South where you're from. We live in the Bay and it's the 1980s."

The first time a gun was put in my face, it was by the SFPD. A cop drew a 9mm pistol on me for wearing a red and black jacket with the words PARIS (a pro-black rapper not the chick) across the back. They said I looked like a gang member from Pinole (a surrounding city), and said I made an illegal u-turn to get a parking space. They were physically smaller than me (the one with his gun on me was trembling and was afraid) and I knew they would not hesitate to put a bullet through my eye socket if I did anything but breathe. All of my father's advice crystallized in that moment. I spoke slowly and clearly as they made eye contact, and explained I had no weapons, was unarmed and that I had broken no laws.

When N.W.A. dropped "**** The Police" in the late 1980s many in the American media attacked them. Even the F.B.I. saw fit to write their label a threatening letter about how inappropriate the nature of the song was. And shortly thereafter, the release of Paris' "Coffee Donuts and Death" and Ice T's "Cop Killer" created a firestorm of controversy in the media. Hip hop music has documented racial and systematic injustice more effectively than any other art form to date, and this has been in large part because of the fact that much of what America has tried to sweep under the rug hasn't gone unnoticed by hip hop artists who care.
Niggaz with knowledge is more dangerous than than niggaz with guns

They make the guns easy to get and try to keep niggaz dumb

Target the gangs and graffiti with the Prop 21

I already know the deal but what the **** do I tell my son?

I want him livin' right, livin good, respect the rules

He's five years old and he still thinkin' cops is cool

How do I break the news that when he gets some size

He'll be perceived as a threat or see the fear in they eyes

It's in they job description to terminate the threat

So 41 shots to the body is what he can expect

The precedent is set, don't matter if he follow the law

I know I'll give my son pride and make him swallow it all

http://www.hrw.org/reports98/police/uspo14.htm

Police abuse remains one of the most serious and divisive human rights violations in the United States. The excessive use of force by police officers, including unjustified shootings, severe beatings, fatal chokings, and rough treatment, persists because overwhelming barriers to accountability make it possible for officers who commit human rights violations to escape due punishment and often to repeat their offenses.1 Police or public officials greet each new report of brutality with denials or explain that the act was an aberration, while the administrative and criminal systems that should deter these abuses by holding officers accountable instead virtually guarantee them impunity.

http://www.lewrockwell.com/roberts/roberts224.html

The only terrorist most Americans will ever encounter is a policeman with a badge, nightstick, mace and Taser. A Google search for "police brutality videos" turns up 2,210,000 entries. Some entries are foreign and some are probably duplications, but the number is so large that a person could do nothing but watch police brutality videos for the rest of his life. A search on "You Tube" alone turned up 2,280 police brutality videos. PrisonPlanet has a selection of the most outrageous recent cases.

Don't get the boycott at all. Don't buy anything? The hell does that do? :whoknows:

What I don't like is how much the detectives ****ed the situation up. They almost shot 3 innocent people half a block away waiting for a train. Somehow, they really screwed it all up bad. Were they trying to arrest the suspects? Waiting for the suspects to do something so they could arrest them? Just went to talk? Who knows, but it ended up as a giant cluster-****.

Regardless, it seems Bell and his friends were either trying to ram the officers on purpose, or mow through them and get the hell away, so in that regard I guess you have to open fire. We really don't know what happened and there are some really weird pieces to the puzzle. Like the janitor witness, whose boss was arrested for witness intimidation?

But we'll show em for those two days!!!!!!!!
The surge is working!!!!

Errr....

Wait.

Wrong thread.

:silly:

What cracks me up about boycotts, whether it's boycotts of gas companies or whatever, is that clearly the people who organize these do not understand how large companies measure their profit margin. Hello, big companies measure their profits on a quarterly basis...2 days in a quarter is going to make jack crap of a difference in the long run, especially when people are making up their profits in the days before and the days after the boycott.

Yep. Cops are terrorists, everyone knows that.

Just like everyone knows every black man is a crack dealer.

Duh, all cops are bad...you should be well aware of this HH!

Archived