Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Posse Reborn

The Batman

Gentlemen,

I see today what could be the beginnings of a new era. Assuming the receivers even remotely pan out like they were graded to by draftniks everywhere, let's see if you agree with me on my analysis of what the Skins must be doing.

Think back to the days of the Posse. What made them great? Let's take a look.

2 solid tight ends named Donnie Warren and Clint Didier [Chris Cooley and Fred Davis].

A short, burner wide receiver named Gary Clark [santana Moss].

A somewhat tall, less fast wide receiver named Ricky Sanders [Devin Thomas].

And finally, a tall, big-bodied, very sure handed wide receiver that wouldn't often burn you downfield, but would consistently move the chains like none other named Art Monk [Malcolm Kelly].

I have very, VERY high hopes for this group of receivers.

Hail!

All I seen was stupidity!
Why? Todd Yoder is our other TE, Fred Davis is better than him. We need a bigger WR, so we got two of them. If you remember last season, Moss was hurt a lot and took himself out of a game. Now we have a 6'4" WR to compliment our other talent. We ended the season with the number #8 defense. We are pretty good there.

So tell us, why was it stupid? At least justify your response.

Gentlemen,

I see today what could be the beginnings of a new era. Assuming the receivers even remotely pan out like they were graded to by draftniks everywhere, let's see if you agree with me on my analysis of what the Skins must be doing.

2 solid tight ends named Donnie Warren and Clint Didier [Chris Cooley and Fred Davis].

And finally, a tall, big-bodied, very sure handed wide receiver that wouldn't often burn you downfield, but would consistently move the chains like none other named Art Monk [Malcolm Kelly].

Hail!

:cheers:

Gentlemen,

Hail!

:applause::applause::applause: I hope you are right for I have the same hopes!!!!!!

Right on Batman. I think this means the most for 89, who should be in for a perfect storm if any one of these guys are hits.

Alot of people said the Posse was back when we aquired A.R.E and Lloyd...

Let's hold down the comparisions for at least one night lol.

We all knew that wouldn't work including you and me. I know I went along with it because I am a Redskin fan and because Gibbs did it. Where is Lloyd now, Chicago?:doh:

Gentlemen,

Hail!

Nice observations man

But it might be posse "plus" because there's also ARE who's in there as well. They could go 4 wide, 3 WR 1TE, 2WR 2TE, 2TE, FB, RB. The FASCINATING thing about this, is that with the pick up of a second pass catching TE, they could go into a solid run formation (1WR, 2TE, FB, RB) and STILL have 3-4 legitimate pass catching options. BEAUTIFUL.

You're right: IF they pan out, and IF they have a trigger man (PLEASE JC, BE THAT GUY!) then this could be a 30+ point offense very quickly. Lots of IF there, though...

But it might be posse "plus" because there's also ARE who's in there as well. They could go 4 wide, 3 WR 1TE, 2WR 2TE, 2TE, FB, RB. The FASCINATING thing about this, is that with the pick up of a second pass catching TE, they could go into a solid run formation (1WR, 2TE, FB, RB) and STILL have 3-4 legitimate pass catching options. BEAUTIFUL.

You're right: IF they pan out, and IF they have a trigger man (PLEASE JC, BE THAT GUY!) then this could be a 30+ point offense very quickly. Lots of IF there, though...

But it's one hell of a different IF than we've been dealing with for, oh, 15 years now. I can barely stand the thought of 6 more months without seeing these guys in action. :silly:

Archived