Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Bone-chilling video: Wake up, America!

georgiaredskin

That's not the point.

There's a way to express that without simply calling someone names.

Which names did he use that were inaccurate?

As my young family and I are immigrants, a group explicitly identified in this kind of garbage as a threat to the American way of life, from my perspective words such as racist, ignorant and dumb are accurate and fair.

That's not the point.

There's a way to express that without simply calling someone names.

if someone posts something as asinine as this video, and declares that we all need to "wake up," what makes you think I'm going to respect the guy since my whole family excluding myself are the ones the OP is spreading propaganda against.

Also there is a difference between common sense, and text book smarts, I don't have to use proper grammar to appease the likes of you. That was me toned down, so back off.

Which names did he use that were inaccurate?

As my young family and I are immigrants, a group explicitly identified in this kind of garbage as a threat to the American way of life, from my perspective words such as racist, ignorant and dumb are accurate and fair.

While the contents of the video may be "racist, ignorant and dumb," I hardly see that as an excuse to further deteriorate the conversation on this board by calling posters dumb, whether they deserve it or not. There is a way to express one's point without resorting to that.

if someone posts something as asinine as this video, and declares that we all need to "wake up," what makes you think I'm going to respect the guy since my whole family excluding myself are the ones the OP is spreading propaganda against.

Also there is a difference between common sense, and text book smarts, I don't have to use proper grammar to appease the likes of you. That was me toned down, so back off.

I agree that the video is asinine. Most of us agree the video is asinine. Still, that is no reason to call another poster dumb where everyone else can read it. Anyway, you can call somebody dumb, without actually calling them dumb.

Bone-chilling video: Wake up, America!

is one step away from the guy on Howard Stern that said:

Wake up White people!

Anytime something has Wake up!! in it..

Conspiracy is in there some where.

With just a touch of racism.

mmmmmm, tasty.

If you feel that the video is bull then explain why you feel that way. Calling someone an asshat, ignorant and racist is not only childish but calling someone names on this board is also against the rules. Don't you think you'd accomplish more by trying to educate the board on why it's wrong instead of resorting to name calling?

For the record:

Racist

1. a belief or doctrine that inherent differences among the various human races determine cultural or individual achievement, usually involving the idea that one's own race is superior and has the right to rule others.

2. a policy, system of government, etc., based upon or fostering such a doctrine; discrimination.

3. hatred or intolerance of another race or other races.

A stereotype is a simplified and/or standardized conception or image with specific meaning, often held in common by one group of people about another group. A stereotype can be a conventional and oversimplified conception, opinion, or image, based on the assumption that there are attributes that members of the other group hold in common. Stereotypes may be positive or negative in tone. They are typically generalizations based on minimal or limited knowledge about a group to which the person doing the stereotyping does not belong. Persons may be grouped based on race, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, or any number of other categories.

Huge difference between racist and stereotype. I don't think georgiaredskin thinks that their race is superior or should rule over anyone. I think they're just worried about our way of life, including yours, may be threatened by the radicals muslims, races or peoples that don't like the western way of life or America. Genuine concern don't you think? Are you suggesting that these radicals don't exist? Do you also think that Iran is pursuing nuke's for peaceful reasons? You should have answered yes, so isn't the paranoia based on some truths?

Pretty lame video.

Equally lame use of the term racist in the ensuing discussion.

No doubt in my mind, Islamist terrorist groups are very much a threat to our interests around the globe. However, I'll be very surprised if they ever possess the panache to do anything on American soil that rivals 9/11, let alone going nuclear.

Hard to call a propaganda video with absolutely no live action material "bone-chilling." That was more like a book on video. And a bad one at that.

If someone wants to scare me into hating, they should start with a little production value.

Yeah, Sarge and AFC need to go back to film production school.

This is about the stupidest thing I've seen in a long time. However, the really funny thing about it is that you could very easily substitute Christianity for Islam in this and all of a sudden the Christian fundies would all be overjoyed...

You awake each day to the Christian call to prayer from the neighborhood church - as millions of Americans already do.

Liberals espouse “diversity is our strength” as Christian enforcers cruise the cities in their quest to shutter, or harass any establishment that is contrary to the Bible. Guns are confiscated and stiff penalties are dished out to citizens who defy the new anti-gun laws. Women are told to cover their brains when in public.

A new Senator is sworn in, one of several Senators that have recently been brought to Christ. Right wing Christian populated districts are increasingly changing the political landscape by sending more electees to Congress.

A recent ruling from the Supreme Court states Biblical law does not violate the “separation of church and state.” This ruling paves the way for Christian controlled municipalities to govern every aspect of religious, political, and personal life of the local populace-- [amounting to a form of totalitarianism analogous to Communism].

The Hollywood Left gives up gay rights in favor of the much safer charms of being married yet "on the downlow".

If you feel that the video is bull then explain why you feel that way. Calling someone an asshat, ignorant and racist is not only childish but calling someone names on this board is also against the rules. Don't you think you'd accomplish more by trying to educate the board on why it's wrong instead of resorting to name calling?

For the record:

Huge difference between racist and stereotype. I don't think georgiaredskin thinks that their race is superior or should rule over anyone. I think they're just worried about our way of life, including yours, may be threatened by the radicals muslims, races or peoples that don't like the western way of life or America. Genuine concern don't you think? Are you suggesting that these radicals don't exist? Do you also think that Iran is pursuing nuke's for peaceful reasons? You should have answered yes, so isn't the paranoia based on some truths?

ok, asshat is a bit excessive i guess. But I won't back off from the other two. Its kinda hard to educate on one extreme without resorting to other extremes.

I do think the OP is a racist. The damn transforms the prototypical white family to the prototypical brown family. Now while I will say the American way of life is better, you can't tell me there are no hints of racism in this vido. And Islam does deserve some of the stereotypes it has received. It is just as much full of **** as any other religion IMO.

If you feel that the video is bull then explain why you feel that way.

Thank you, ZoEd and headexplode. Although my skin reached a new thickness as I've never been called an ignorant, racist asshat before. :laugh: :laugh: (I half-bragged at yesterday's tailgate)

Your assessment is entirely correct. I must say I didn't like the way the video showed the American woman and child evolving into a Muslim, yet it serves a purpose. That is the extreme, but as extreme as the whole video is: that was the intention, obviously, because a lot of people in this day in age would rather stay asleep or watch reality shows-this stuff is too much for you to absorb. That's fine. But the truth and the irony is, I am the one being called a racist (intolerant) when

a) I am in love with a Lebanese American, and

B) the entire basis of this video is the intolerance of Islam to other religions, the real reasons behind the attacks to our country, and what could happen if nukes went off here.

There is nothing racist about saying "let's not open the borders" and further jeopardize our security. There is nothing wrong with awareness.

Tolerance and the Qur’an

"It is the Qur’an that binds Islam to intolerance and since Islam without the Qur’an is not Islam, there cannot ever exist true Islam that is tolerant. Again we may wish to believe that Islam can become tolerant but we will have to live with the consequences, which are inevitable given the hard evidence."

--Nezir Hyseni

http://www.answering-islam.org/Quran/Themes/tolerance.html

Muslim Intolerance No Match for American Freedom

http://www.frontpagemag.com/Articles/Read.aspx?GUID=8B0E9B7D-D2A2-41D0-AEE2-F4A1CF659BAD

Archived