Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

If You are in Vinny's seat-would you move up for a DE

texasthunder

The Falcons have drafted Matt Ryann-

And lets say that either Sedrick Ellis or Vernon Ghoston drop to #8 (Baltimore).

Would you give up our 1st and 3rd pick to move up to #8 ?

Or our 1st and 2nd to move up to #8 ?

Or would you just stay pat and keep our original picks.

And would either one be worth the big contract ?

Watching both of them, they look pretty awesome, could really apply some pressure on the opposing QB's.

The only thing I would do is trade up to 16 with the Cardinals if Harvey is available. The Cards have already said they would trade down, but only 5 spots. So I think there is a deal in place if Harvey or Albert fall to 16 for the skins.

EDIT: I used the new draft value chart for this season

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2008/04/15/new-draft-trade-chart/

The only thing I would do is trade up to 16 with the Cardinals if Harvey is available. The Cards have already said they would trade down, but only 5 spots. So I think there is a deal in place if Harvey or Albert fall to 16 for the skins.

EDIT: I used the new draft value chart for this season

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2008/04/15/new-draft-trade-chart/

I wouldn't mind that either. But, I'd prefer trading down to up in general.

No no no. Too many needs for this luxury.

Trading away draft picks is great when you have one or two needs to fill (ala the Patriots) but a terrible idea when you have many holes to fill. No one in this entire draft is worth us giving up multiple picks this year to get. I can see giving up a pick next year and one this year to get a player but not 2 or more this year.

No no no. Too many needs for this luxury.

Trading away draft picks is great when you have one or two needs to fill (ala the Patriots) but a terrible idea when you have many holes to fill. No one in this entire draft is worth us giving up multiple picks this year to get. I can see giving up a pick next year and one this year to get a player but not 2 or more this year.

If you think the skins can fill 2 ol, a big wr, a 3rd string qb, 1-2 dl, an olb, a corner and safety all that will make the team for depth or in some cases make an impact in the next 2 years, you are mistaken my friend. For all these to be filled, the skins have to have literally a perfect draft and that won't happen. There are guys on the practice squad that can fill in some spot duty for some depth, and there will be UDFA's for depth as well. But if you can get a steal by trading up a few picks for a 2nd day pick than you pull the gamble.

Based on the draft value board (the one of Jimmy Johnson era) it would cost us more than our 1st 2nd and 3rd to move that high.....so pass.

#8= 1,400 pts

#21 (800) + 51 (390) + 84 (170) is still not enough

Just curious about the draft value board-

Is this hard and fast rules that all teams go by ??

Or is this just a guideline to base selection criteria on ?

Just curious about the draft value board-

Is this hard and fast rules that all teams go by ??

Or is this just a guideline to base selection criteria on ?

It's a guide and in the past it was used pretty much by everybody.

B/c of the crazy money paid to the higher 1st rounders, some teams (and media) have come up with other value boards that make the picks more accountable to contract paid out.

However, looking at the chart I used (standard) and Skins2006 newer version...it would still cost us our 2008 1st, 2nd and 3rd (84th overall) to move to #8. That for the most part is the type of value Atlanta would generally expect for us to get from #21 to #8

to get VG yes and yes...i think that he is the best player on the

D side of the ball coming out of the draft...

It's Dorsey. He is a rare player and has been dominant for two straight years. Ideally, the team would be able to get Harvey somehow. Whatever though, there are lots of good players in the second and third round. Groves is vastly underrated, he is incredible. I'm certain he will go in the first round. Miami really values him too. Don't be surprised if they trade back into the first in order to draft him. (Maybe with us?) Lawrence Jackson is great, I'd be happy with him. He had like 30 something sacks in his college career.

There are many things to consider...the saints will probably move up to get Ellis it seems...Gholston is more of a DE/LB....he would fit a lot better in a 3-4 scheme...so even though he is very talented, I dont think he would fit into our D...

If Albert/Harvey are there at 16 and we can grab them, might be tempting...more so Albert...but wouldnt give the kitchen sink for the guy....

Gholston is a beast and that would be a tough call especially if he dropped into the 10-15 range (which I doubt will happen). So unless that happend, I would probably say lets stay with the pick and take Merling or the best player available at 21.

http://sportsyenta.blogspot.com/2008/03/2008-nfl-draft-preview-defensive-line.html

Some good info on top Defensive Linemen. Check out the arms on Gholston!

I'd rather Draft Campbell and stay pat. I feel with his size and raw ability, Greg Blatche can work wonders with this guy.

And Palermo has already proven to work wonders with him in 2006. Team MVP, 1st-team All-ACC, 20.5 tackles for loss, 10.5 sacks, 17 pressures, 3 forced fumbles.

Archived