Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Cincy turns down two 1st rounders for Ocho Cinco (all things #85 trade - merged 4x)

ZRagone

Oh for the love of god, will people stop talking about "Grr, pats got randy moss for a 4th rounder".

The situation is nothing alike.

Randy Moss did NOTHING for 2 years. He was abysmal and there was talk he was washed up. He was a locker room menace AND was looked at as lazy on the field, the latter is not something ever said of CJ that I know of.

Comparing that to a guy whose consistantly been good, and known as a hard worker, without any down time is just not relevant. Doubly so since Moss's contract was set to be up while Johnson's isn't.

Randy was the perfect situation for someone to take a chance on, with the Raiders just looking to get ANYTHING for him before he stunk it up another year and then left for free anyways.

Sounds a bit too incredible to me.

If it is true, I am glad that it was rejected. Many people are setting aside reason on this player.

I will stipulate that he has demonstrated talent.

The caveat to that talent is that it's all been with a specific pro-bowl quarterback, and in a non-WCO system.

I also am a staunch proponent of giving Coach Zorn a drama free start.

I also feel what we would have to give up (picks, cap space) is not worth even his highest level of productivity, which I think we can agree we would not have this year.

Finally, his impact to the current players on roster, who have made contract concessions and bled Burgundy and Gold requires consideration. How hard will the other receivers play with him demanding the ball all the time? What impact will his large salary (for whining his way out of Cinncy) have on guys who have been here and left flesh and money behind.

Let's leave the problem children with the team that helped create them, draft and care for our own players.

Just when we thought the FO had learned something. Two first rounders???:doh: :doh: :doh: :doh:

It's as if this FO is a recovering addict who just fell off the wagon. "There was a time when we'd mortgage this team's future for an aging but extremely talented star, but those days are gone. We're in a better place now. Look how far we've come. We have nine picks... and... uh, we... don't... need... ah, **** it! I'll give you two first rounders! No? And Portis! Aww, come on, man! I'll **** your ****!"

Same old stupid Daniel Snyder. Where are all the posters who said that Snyder has changed?????????

Same stupid moves. Giving up too much for a player. Thank god the Bengals turned us down.

First off, it's a rumor. Secondly, the deal is actually this years 1st and next years 3rd. That 3rd COULD escalate to a 1st, but that is entirely dependant on Chad's performance here. I have a feeling that the conditions Chad would have to meet to warrant that second 1st rounder, if he met those conditions not many would be upset about losing that other 1st. In fact, those requirements are probably why we were turned down, if the rumor proves to be true. Meaning it was likely the conditions might not have been met.

A 1st and next years 3rd isn't a bad deal for Chad, IMO. None of us knows the details for the requirements of that 3rd to be a 1st. I agree though, that if the requirements are easily met, then 2 1st rounders for Chad is too much.

Two first rounders for a impact player who can make a difference every down like a Julius Peppers sure.

( thouigh I'd just try to win the bidding war in freeagency instead) But 1st round draft picks for a guy who is becoming(?) a me first whiny bee yotch with each passing day??

Yeah I'm so sure he won't be a lippy whiny prima donna if we start off slow and doesnt get as many passes as he would like. :rolleyes:

Doc Walker talking about it but said Dan Patrick will spend time on it as well as 980's sportsreporters.

Oh for the love of god, will people stop talking about "Grr, pats got randy moss for a 4th rounder".

The situation is nothing alike.

Randy Moss did NOTHING for 2 years. He was abysmal and there was talk he was washed up. He was a locker room menace AND was looked at as lazy on the field, the latter is not something ever said of CJ that I know of.

Comparing that to a guy whose consistantly been good, and known as a hard worker, without any down time is just not relevant. Doubly so since Moss's contract was set to be up while Johnson's isn't.

Randy was the perfect situation for someone to take a chance on, with the Raiders just looking to get ANYTHING for him before he stunk it up another year and then left for free anyways.

Disagree on all counts.

A) Randy Moss didn't have T.J. Houshmandzadeh opposite him in Oakland to help his numbers.

B) Randy Moss didn't have Carson Palmer throwing him the ball in Oakland.

C) Both Moss and Ocho Stinko have terrible attitudes and are locker room cancers. If anything, 85 is much worse.

D) Moss with the Raiders and 85 with the Bengals won the same number of playoff games, 0.

They're the same player, cept Moss is a little bit better. The 4th rounder comparison is legit.

How pissed is Chad right about now, the Bengals are apparently really set against trading him because there is a 99.6% chance that is the best offer they will get for Ocho Cinco.

I guess Snyder wanted to make sure our game later this year in Cinci got flexed to Sunday night.

I start to question just how much business acumen Dan Snyder has. He doesn't seem to understand the idea of leverage at all. The Bengals have NONE. Everyone knows Chad wants out. Why not go and offer something like a 5th rounder? Set the bar low. At the least you may drive up his price for other teams. Now even if he does become available later, we'll be expected to give up a lot more because we set such a high price on ourselves. Just horrible business...

Not that I'm a big fan of Vinny but before we blame him for the outrageous offer, let's not forget who's REALLY running the show. :doh:

If we're gonna make an offer like that, at least let it be for Jared Allen. After all, he's not an exclusive rights Franchised Player so if we offer him the most money, KC pretty much has no choice but to take our two first rounders and go home.

Archived