Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Cincy turns down two 1st rounders for Ocho Cinco (all things #85 trade - merged 4x)

ZRagone

I call BS....Mort has been very unreliable with his inside info. as of late

Remember, Eli Manning being out for the whole season per Mort and then play the next week :doh:

I really hope this isn't true.....Johnson isn't worth 2 first rounders at his age and a new mega-contract IMO......just seems a bit much.

I wonder if the source was Drew Rosenhaus.

Don't be shocked/suprised when this deal goes down after June 1st. I honestly believe at this point there is NO WAY Chad Johnson can go back to the Bengals. Too much fire on that bridge at this point.

I honestly believe after June 1st Chad Johnson will be coming to D.C. Its obvious Dan Snyder and Vinny want him

Not buying it. If true, no way Cincy would turn the deal down. NO WAY.

And you have to think of it as 2 1st rounders. Because if the Skins aren't expecting Chad Johnson to perform well enough to escalate the conditional 3rd rounder to a 1st, then WHY THE HELL ARE THEY TRADING FOR HIM???

The conditional 1st rounder says that not only must Johnson hit certain performance goals, but also the team must as well. I bet this means that the Redskins would keep the pick if they missed the playoffs or something, so there would be no way that Cincy would be getting a top 10 pick from the Redskins.

I'm totally ok with this trade. I would much rather have Chad Johnson with the 21st pick than kentwan balmer or calais campbell.

no way, id give up this years 1st maybe next years 2nd but not 2 firsts. its all speculation believe it when i see it

yeah, that sounds far fetched/exagerrated.

I wouldn't want to see us give any more than this year's 1st, but I think it's more likely nothing happens.

I believe it. Especially when you read the quote in the article about dead money -- which sounds like it came right out of Snyder or Cerrato's mouth.

Crazy, just crazy. Two high picks for a 30 year old receiver with a horrible attitude?

when you think about how the Patriots got Randy Moss for a 4th rounder you realize that is why they are the best team in football year after year. Chad Johnson is a great player, but NOT WORTH 2 FIRST ROUND PICKS. I would trade Chad for our 21st this year though. That is fair. NOTHING MORE

Randy Moss 2 years ago had given up on his team and many felt that his career was over. Had the Raiders known that he had that much left they would have obviously demanded more.

Why Cincy passed is beyond me. That is taking the Skins to the tool shed and beating them twice.

Heck Marvin Lewis just saved us from ourselves by saying no.

Hopefully the front office will stop drinking the Stupid juice and behaving like Maddenites.

Archived