Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Who's your personal favorite college player,you hope the Redskins draft?

michael_33

Eric Ainge

QB Tennessee

and/or

Jared Mayo

LB Tennessee

Add Eric Young, Guard, Tennessee (and he is actually possible since he could fall to the 3rd round).

I'll add any Auburn players as well, OLB Quentin Groves, CB Patrick Lee, DT Pat Sims, and OT King Dunlap.

I'm also a big Branden Albert fan, but we'll see.

definately would like it if we got jordy nelson

I'm with you on jordy. I hope we address positions like DL OL and CB in the first 2 rounds and I wouldn't be opposed to trading up with our 3rd and 5th rounders into earlier in the 3rd to ensure we get jordy. I don't think he's gonna be a probowler (although he could be). But picking up a reliable sure handed receiver in the 3rd would be worth the 5th. Could be the cooley of receivers (not just cuz he's white for all who love pointing out race if a white guy is compared to another white guy)

Owen Schmitt from WVU!

not happening, but I love him, haha

Owen Schmit from WVU.

That makes 3 votes for Owen. In addition to his fine running, his excellent blocking, and the ability to be a big impact player on special teams (speed/size), he can also catch the ball and make big impact as a possession reciever. He will automatically make the defense adjust their coverage to his presence because of his size and speed. Most linebackers will have trouble covering him and tackling him solo, and no cornerback is up to the solo tackle task.

Schmitt link

Schmitt reportedly has a 675 pound squat, a 480 pound hang clean, a 4.57 40 time, a 36 inch vertical, and 11 broken facemasks in his collegiate career. The eleventh facemask broken came toward the end of the West Virginia/Oklahoma 2008 Fiesta Bowl, where Schmitt also ran in a touchdown from 53 yards in the second quarter. He was weighed-in at the Senior Bowl as 6'1" and 247 lbs. with being "thick and strong with a big frame".

Schmitt was announced to be invited to the 2008 NFL Combine, Schmitt's 26 bench reps were tied for the fourth best by a back in the Combine.

Owen Schmitt was compared to Hall of Famers Larry Csonka and Jim Taylor and also former running back Pete Johnson. Schmitt is compared to Csonka because he has not only been a good blocker, but as well as a short-yardage rusher.[17]

At West Virginia's Pro Day on March 13, Schmitt ran a 4.72 40, a 4.11 short shuttle, a 6.85 three-cone, and an 11.85 long shuttle. He measured in at 6'2" and 249 lbs. He performed running back, fullback, and tight end drills without dropping a pass the entire day. He also recorded a 9'9" broad jump and a 31.5" vertical jump. Schmitt's 4.11 shuttle time was one of the best for any prospect for the Draft on their respective Pro Day. On the psychological written test, a question was asked "Are you a dog or a cat?" Schmitt wrote in "Lion".

In April, USA Today projected Schmitt as the #1 fullback and as a 4th to 5th round selection. He was reported to have maxed-out with a 385-pound bench press, a 640-pound squat, and a school-record 525-pound hang clean. He also was reported to have hang cleaned 425-pounds eight times and posted a 24 out of 30 Wonderlic score. On April 17, Mel Kiper of ESPN predicted Schmitt to be taken in the fourth to sixth rounds.

Growing up, John Riggins of the Washington Redskins was Schmitt's favorite football player.

Quinton Groves DE/OLB from Auburn. WAR EAGLE!!!

QG is my pick but I don't think he fits the 4-3 defense. I read on the Auburn board today that he might be drafted in the 2nd round now due to health concerns from the recent heart procedure. Doctors have said the condition is not an issue but some NFL teams might not see it that way.

I would rather see the Redskins draft Pat Sims. He fits the need for a pass rushing DT.

Notice in the gif, though, that it took two defenders on QG. :D

31501op.gif

dvn6zs.jpg

I was hoping for Vince myself but hes not going to the NFL. Did you personally know Vince? Well maybe the skins will steal DE Chris Ellis in the 3rd. My personal favorite player from last year was Chris Long but it wont happen unless Miami wants to trade the 1st overall for the 21st.

He's going to the NFL....

I might prefer Adibi to Hall anyways.

It would have been great to get Eddie Royal as a return man but with Mathis I don't see that happening.

DJ Parker could provide some depth at safety too.

Being a Notre Dame fan, I'm a little partial to Trevor Laws. I also had the opportunity to see a few Kansas State games this past season and Jordy Nelson will be a very good pro. He may not be a star but he'll be a solid and dependable target, especially on 3rd down.

Would love to see Chris Johnson on the team. Yeah, it's extremely unlikely to happen because it isn't like we need a 2nd round rb/kr. If not him I'd love to see us get Dajuan Morgan, he was a playmaker for the NC State d.

Noel Devine in 2 years though. That kid is gonna be a beast. Has incredible balance and despite being under 180 pounds he's hard to take down. He'll gain weight before he's out of college though. Portis will be 29 and Betts will be 31 by then so maybe we'll need an rb by then. Here's his highlights:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j7XKj68ja4Q

Anyone from LSU. Since we aren't getting Dorsey, I wouldn't mind seeing the Skins get one of Doucet, Chevis Jackson, Steltz or Hester.

I like the physical style of CB that Jackson is. He made some big plays for LSU over the years. He had a huge play where he knocked the ball out of the OSU guys hands. It would have been a TD. He also had a pick in that game.

Doucet is a very talented WR, but he hasn't been healthy most of the year. He had 2 catches that stood out to me. The one against Bama where he ran a 10 yard route across the middle on 4th down and scored a td with about 30 yards after the catch. He 40 time was a little slow, but it didn't show there. The other was the TD vs OSU. It was poor tackling, but he fought his way to the endzone.

What Hester brings won't show up in the places like the combine. He definitely isn't flashy. He just gets the job done with a lot of heart. If LSU needed 2 yards for the 1st down, I knew that if they handed the ball to him, he would get it.

DJ Hall is a non-LSU guy that I always worried about when we played Bama. He isn't being talked about a whole lot. I haven't seen anything from his offseason workouts. He was a guy that I knew that LSU needed to shutdown when they played them.

edit: I almost forgot about Highsmith. He is a little small for a LB, but he was always around the ball at LSU.

haha well it was Demeco Ryans, I knew he was going to be a monster. This year I think I would have to go with DJ Hall

Roll Tide! :D

Hell yeah. Roll tide! I don't know about favorite player, but i went to tuscaloosa and i think a guy like WR dj hall in the 3rd or 4th round along w/ simeon castille CB similarly a mid round guy would be great additions and would give us the flexability to address other needs ( o-line, d-line and lb) in the earlier rounds. :2cents:

Archived