Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Who's your personal favorite college player,you hope the Redskins draft?

michael_33

I am hoping we get Dre Moore in the 3rd or 4th.

DT. Maryland. Height: 6-4 | Weight: 305 | 40-Time: 4.86

Strengths:

Terrific size with a big frame...Excellent strength...Great speed and quickness with a burst to close...Plays with a nasty demeanor...Has good range and makes plays in pursuit...Can penetrate and wreak havoc in the backfield...Has the potential to be stout at the point of attack...Could play in multiple schemes...Has some upside.

Weaknesses:

Still pretty raw...Lackluster instincts and awareness...Inconsistent leverage...Does not use his hands well...Pass rush repertoire is limited...He doesn't play up to his weight room numbers..His work ethic and motor have been brought into question.

Link for further info...

http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/scoutingreports/dt/dremoore.html

WR Dexter Jackson is fast. Forget about 40 times. He plays the fastest of any player I've studied this year. Dexter absolutely "eats up the cushion" when he takes off. What I talking about is when you see DBs line up 10 yards away from him...Dexter gets to them so quickly they struggle to turn and get in position to run with him. He is the only guy I've seen all year with another gear. He can be running with a DB downfield and just separate when he wants. This is rare stuff.

Dexter isn't the most polished receiver. He does need some work. He's not just a burner, though. He'll work the middle on crossing routes. He'll block on run plays (okay for a little guy). A team would use him mostly in the slot, but would throw a deep ball or two to him every game. He has big play potential.

He is also a PR. This skill needs work. Dexter has a habit of trying to turn every punt into a TD. He circles back and reverses field and tries all kinds of crazy things. He must be more disciplined and run N-S. All that elaborate stuff he tries blows up on him anyway. Just get up the field. He might be a 3rd round pick, but I could also see him slip to the 4th if teams feel like he needs a lot of work.

S Josh Barrett - Arizona State

Josh had a down Senior year. His Junior tape was quite different. Looked more confident, aggressive. Looks like the prototypical SS. Big, muscular build. Gets your attention when you see him run. Timed very well at the Combine and that speed shows up on game tape. Can be a box Safety, but isn't anything special down there. At his best playing off the line and attacking the ball. That lets him use his speed. Pretty good tackler, but will miss athletic guys on occasion. Doesn't have great coverage instincts, but has more than adequate coverage ability for SS. One of those kids who never really peaked in college. Probably a 3rd round pick

-Jackson can be our true retuner on the team and then we can let go of the old and out of character guys we don't need to have on the team.

-Barrett gives us our next best option to succeed ST, if he doesn't beat Reed out ( whom I'm not a fan of) then he would be an excellent backup and special teamer :2cents:

When do you see Mayo getting taken in this year's draft, and by whom?

Miami Dolphins, 1st pick overall in the 4th round.

Why? Because that's where I drafted him in the ES Mock Draft, and I want to win. Don't ask me why the other teams didn't draft him over the first three rounds, but I basically turned the Dolphins around with the work I did:D .

I can't wait for DC's own (Ballou High School) to become a pro. He made Balmer look good by taken on the double teams. My favorite is Trevor Laws. At 6 feet-300 lbs. he played both DE and Tackle. Strong and quick as !@#$. He should be there in the second round!!!!

Honestly,I was never in love with Balmer but Austin....wow,dude is a MONSTER..

D'Brick is a Tackle and Albert is a Guard. Can't necessarily compare the two. I've heard the "but Albert played Tackle some!" Ok, if "some" means 3 times, then yes.

They moved Albert to guard because D'brick was playing left tackle when he came there, he did play tackle all thru high school.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/fb/texansfront/5719387.html

"Virginia's Branden Albert played guard in college but is being scouted by many as a very capable left tackle in the NFL. Albert was a tackle in high school but moved to guard at Virginia because D'Brickashaw Ferguson was already entrenched at left tackle".

Archived