Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Award for yesterday

Forehead

This might belong in the Tailgate. Regarding yesterday's ES pay site hoax, many members were fooled. As I said before, there were many holes in the story that caused myself and some other members to believe this was fake, and we said so in numerous posts. However, even though it wasn't from the original joke, I still got owned.

With this in mind, I'm awarding first place from yesterday to Mark the Homer.:1stplace:

Despite not falling for the original hoax, MTH was so convincing as a borderline board Nazi, extolling the virtues of $25 membership rates and driving out all the trolls, poorer members, and everyone else that he got me. I was ready to create a thread listing everyone who had fallen for this prank so they couldn't come back later and claim otherwise, and Mark was going to be at the top of the list in bold letters for being outed as an elitist.

Then I found out he was basically in on the whole thing.

Phoward12 :owned: by Mark the Homer.:notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy

P.S., 21 and Zoony still get zero points:D

Oh I know, that's why 21 and Zoony got no points, the execution was poor. I said that in my original post. Mark was as convincing as could be, I had no idea he was even in on it. Only his portion went off perfectly, in my mind.

See here's the thing, while I basically believed it was a hoax an April Fools prank, the thought that it could be real and that it affects my budget ergo my money makes it not a laughing matter. I'm not surprised you got the responses you did, and I think it was a VERY foolish thing to do.

The fact that some people were ok with paying that fee (Mark aside since he was in on it) really has me scared they would try it. I am online every day at lunch and if that was taken away i don't know what i would do.

:cry: :read: :shot: :jerk:

Who knows

The post must've gotten changed after I read it. From what I saw the OP was interested in insight & wanted to know how people would feel about a charge. That isn't exactly a prank, imo. A prank would be to say "This IS the new rule" not "What would you think of this rule?"

The post must've gotten changed after I read it. From what I saw the OP was interested in insight & wanted to know how people would feel about a charge. That isn't exactly a prank, imo. A prank would be to say "This IS the new rule" not "What would you think of this rule?"

The post never got changed, it was just a very LAME April fools attempt. The joke was t have Zoony ask that question and 21 get mad because he let the cat out of the bag, then later 21 posts a thread saying it is Official and to register you must click on a link provided, which of course says APRIL FOOLS.

The whole 21, zoony thread was just :doh: in my opinion but idiots are still going on there saying they won't pay, when it is still just a joke and they won't be charging, Or will they? :paranoid:

Yesterday was just another way for people to act like 7 year old kids and a way to boost post count. I didn't read a single April fools day thread yesterday that I thought was clever or funny.

Translation: He fell for every single joke thread & is to embarrassed to admit it. :D :laugh:

Anyone who got fooled from that thread deserves to be charged a fee to come to this board.

I should clarify. I NEVER thought that this site was actually turning into a pay site, and posted a few times to that effect; I'm not that gullible.

The part that fooled me was that I actually believed Mark had turned into a board nazi who was fully supportive of the idea. I was about to start getting into arguments with him about how he could justify his viewpoints. Then I was going to start making fun of him because he fell for the hoax and got outed as a jerk who wanted to get rid of 70% of our members. Then I found out he had been in on it the whole time and realized that, at least in this one aspect of the prank, I had been hooked.

That was why I awarded him my personal first place. Even though the prank failed, Mark was still really convincing playing his part.

Anyone who got fooled from that thread deserves to be charged a fee to come to this board.

True. :laugh:

It is not surprising, though, b/c there are just a lot of gullible, reactionary people here (which is why the mods probably chose this approach :) ).

They ridiculously go off the deep end over every little bit of info that comes through here, without even waiting to find out if it is accurate or not.

The coaching search is a good example of it. :)

I wasn't fooled b/c having been here for almost eight years I've seen this before.

It is funny that the folks who got all upset never stopped to consider:

The day it was (April 1st).

That zoony was a newbie mod, and while I don't know him personally, his posts have always been sensible, measured, and reasonable. For him to come rushing onto the board yelling he had to "let the people know about it", was out of place.

That TK (21), who usually keeps his public directives short and sweet, was suddenly engaging in Captain Kirk-like over dramatics. :D

The only thing that caught me off guard was that I didn't even imagine properly the amount of reactionary people here.

Now I just got to find an angle in which to make money off of them. They are gullible enough to believe anything. :)

True. :laugh:

It is not surprising, though, b/c there are just a lot of gullible, reactionary people here (which is why the mods probably chose this approach :) ).

They ridiculously go off the deep end over every little bit of info that comes through here, without even waiting to find out if it is accurate or not.

The coaching search is a good example of it. :)

I wasn't fooled b/c having been here for almost eight years I've seen this before.

It is funny that the folks who got all upset never stopped to consider:

The day it was (April 1st).

That zoony was a newbie mod, and while I don't know him personally, his posts have always been sensible, measured, and reasonable. For him to come rushing onto the board yelling he had to "let the people know about it", was out of place.

That TK (21), who usually keeps his public directives short and sweet, was suddenly engaging in Captain Kirk-like over dramatics. :D

The only thing that caught me off guard was that I didn't even imagine properly the amount of reactionary people here.

Now I just got to find an angle in which to make money off of them. They are gullible enough to believe anything. :)

Ding. :)

For the record, I this >.< close to posting a direct link to my PayPal account in the bogus press release thread. I'm willing to bet that if I had, I could retire from work today. :)

Archived