Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Report: Non-Muslims Deserve to Be Punished

Sarge

is it bad? how many have died for the spread of democracy?

christianity is derived from the judaic faith which by all accounts in the old testament was an equally warring faith as islam

im not sure christians are finished with the crusades anyway..........

the problem is the im right your wrong attitude each of these faiths has.....

if they took the time to realize they are all connected in history and values then maybe we can all live and let live

If you think you can sit down and have tea and crumpets with someone like the subject of this thread while debating theology, you'll be on a prayer rug a long time before I will

I wish Henry would slap me around a little bit.

for those of you not around at the time... best Henry slap ever:

Monk piled on those stats because he played nearly two full decades. What would Irvin had done if he had threatening receivers like Clark and Sanders to shade away coverage? Man that would be scary.

Irvin's numbers are more remarkable in that he did not pad his stats in by deferring his retirement, and that he never had a true threat opposite to him. Hence, he built his numbers and TDs almost always against double coverage. See what happens when a lesser receiver does not have a true opposite threat to ward away coverage?...his numbers fade sharply (Moss anyone?) That never happened with Irvin. Thats why he special and I think is better than Monk.

followed by...

Monk played 16 seasons. Just say that. Playing with the wording only makes your bias more obvious.

I love how people try to point out Monk's longevity as if that's a BAD thing. Irvin couldn't do it as long as Monk. That's a knock on Irvin, not Monk.

But just for kicks, let's look at each player's first 12 seasons (two of which were strike-shortened for Monk, by the way):

Monk: 801 rec 10984 yds 60 TDs

Irvin: 750 rec 11904 yds 65 TDs

Wow. Irvin is insanely head and shoulders above Monk, isn't he?

Of course Irvin had this HOF QB throwing to him his entire career. Maybe you've heard of him? I think his name's Troy Aikman.

Monk had Theismann, then Jay Schroeder, then Doug Williams, then Mark Rypien, then Cary Conklin, then Rich Gannon, then some guy from the Jets, then some guy from the Eagles ...

You wanna talk scary? Give Monk one of the most accurate QBs in the history of the game for twelve seasons. I guarantee you that would be more beneficial than having Gary Clark opposite him for half his career.

Let's not pretend Irvin was the only option on that team. 5 time pro-bowler Novacek, 8 time pro-bowler Smith, 2 time pro-bowler Johnston ... consistant weapons other teams had to account for, playing together for a decade. Monk was the ONLY skill position player on the Redskins to go to all four Superbowls. The only one. Think about that for a second.

Irvin was a great cog in a great machine. Monk was an outstanding individual player who excelled no matter who you put under center, no matter who lined up beside him. There is no way Irvin is a shoo-in if Monk isn't.

followed by:

oh.

http://www.extremeskins.com/forums/showthread.php?t=130916&highlight=monk

:laugh: :notworthy

im not sure christians are finished with the crusades anyway..........

i take it my point didnt make sense.

the problem is the im right your wrong attitude each of these faiths has.....

do you believe that you are right and that christianity is wrong?

do we not all believe we are right when taking a stand on things such as these?

i dont believe the sin is in the believing you are right, but in how you treat those who disagree with you. being able to have a reasoned discussion of beliefs is essential, rather than saying 'im right, youre wrong'. when i get the whole 'i dont know, thats just what i believe' or 'thats just the way i was raised', i tend to cringe.

There will always be 10-15% radical Islamic people but the other chunk will be shallowed up in Tony blair and the new popes' interfaithism movement within a matter of years.....

actually they make less then 1% of the muslim population.

i take it my point didnt make sense.

do you believe that you are right and that christianity is wrong?

do we not all believe we are right when taking a stand on things such as these?

i dont believe the sin is in the believing you are right, but in how you treat those who disagree with you. being able to have a reasoned discussion of beliefs is essential, rather than saying 'im right, youre wrong'. when i get the whole 'i dont know, thats just what i believe' or 'thats just the way i was raised', i tend to cringe.

i believe my way works best for me.....

im just comparing the fact these 2 religions arent so dissimilar

no im saying christianity has been an evolving religion since is conception

And I'm saying that something like this cannot possibly evolve. Because its "evolution" still revolves around one arguably irrational and unreasonable thing, and that's the existence of God. I know, it's been talked about so much before, but again I ask the question, how can one possibly form such complexities over an idea that goes unproven.

And I'm saying that something like this cannot possibly evolve. Because its "evolution" still revolves around one arguably irrational and unreasonable thing, and that's the existence of God. I know, it's been talked about so much before, but again I ask the question, how can one possibly form such complexities over an idea that goes unproven.

as a buddhist i must ask if maybe its because people are looking for God in all the wrong places.....

im just comparing the fact these 2 religions arent so dissimilar

sure. there are lots of similarities. do good, help the poor, monothieistic, etc.

but at their core- mohammed for muslims, and jesus for christians, they are worlds apart- opposites in many ways. they will always have disagreements based on core issues, and, as for christians, jesus taught his followers to love your enemies.

Because its "evolution" still revolves around one arguably irrational and unreasonable thing, and that's the existence of God.

many more people see the world as unrational and unreasonable absent a creator.

there is a nobel prize winner in the field of physics who attends my church. smart guy, obviously. in all his studies and knowledge, he still see the world in such a way.

sure. there are lots of similarities. do good, help the poor, monothieistic, etc.

but at their core- mohammed for muslims, and jesus for christians, they are worlds apart- opposites in many ways. they will always have disagreements based on core issues, and, as for christians, jesus taught his followers to love your enemies.

true but christianity still stems from judaism which had a nasty, mean, bitter, vengeful god, then christ came along and now God the same God is loving and forgiving????

and many have died at the hands of various sects of christians.....

yes jesus taught love and peace.... he was the original hippie..... too bad his movement lost his word a time or two.....

im not anti christian or anti islam or anti anything beside what i stated earlier...

i am just testing to see if responders who want to down islam are aware of their own religions shortcommings......

as i said..... i belive we all have the same destination.... we just choose different paths...

to embelish this sentiment........

some are looking for shortcuts.........

many more people see the world as unrational and unreasonable absent a creator.

there is a nobel prize winner in the field of physics who attends my church. smart guy, obviously. in all his studies and knowledge, he still see the world in such a way.

I think it's safe to say that I think both are irrational. But then what? Don't know, man. Wish I did.

Archived