Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

CAPS season ends (thanks to the refs): Good season boys!

JimmyConway

I'm sorry for the Caps but they need not hang their heads low! Last place 4 months ago to taking Philly to OT in the 7th.

Future is bright indeed!!!

Go Caps!

The Capitals, as a team, at leas diserve an explanation from the NHL rules commission. They didn't even bother to review the play. It is crap.
And it's going to get better because our minor

league system is very good. :cheers:

Yes. Can't forget about guys like Alzner, Finley and Varmelnov. Looking forward to the future
Na, I love the way the Caps play. Fast skating, pressure offense, high flying, the way hockey should be played

Get a good stay at home D-man and this team can do some good things

I'll take my chances with Philly next year. :laugh:

I think any caps fan would love to get philly in the playoffs next year.

Philly doesn't worry me much in the future. Richards will be a terrific player, but Briere is 30 and a *****. He won't last much longer in the NHL. Biron is a good goaltender, but not great

That D is very old though.

And I'm the one "getting crazy"?

Yeah honestly I'm really not that sad. Nobody expected us to get this far and we've got, what, the youngest roster in the league? The franchise is set and we're only going to get better. Making the playoffs was good enough for me, but this experience is going to be huge in the future.

Maybe people just haven't payed attention to hockey for long enough or are too young to realize how big the rivalry between the Caps and Flyers was and still is. The Flyers, Rangers and Penguins equate to me to be the same as the Eagles, Giants and Cowboys.

If the NFL had a realignment all of the sudden and the Eagles, Giants or Cowboys weren't in our division anymore, would you still have a rivalry against them?

I would.

Seriously, I want some answers from these Flyer supporters in here.

It was a great season. The Caps have huge upside and if the refs had gotten the blatant goalie interference call, we may be talking in a different tone but whatever. Philly is going to get smashed by Montreal so it's whatever.

At least we have one team still in the playoffs (though that might not last long).

Yeah honestly I'm really not that sad. Nobody expected us to get this far and we've got, what, the youngest roster in the league? The franchise is set and we're only going to get better. Making the playoffs was good enough for me, but this experience is going to be huge in the future.

The franchise is in great shape. It is very dissapointing seeing how the team worked to come back from 3-1 and a very good chance to take this series

The good news is we have some young terrific gamers. It'll only ramp up from here

Rod Langway

Dale Hunter

Dino Ciccirelli

Mike Liut

Don Beaupre

Scott Stevens (I always thought he was kind of a puss)

Safe to say you were wrong about Stevens. You must be thinking of Larry Murphy. Once he left he ended up winning 5 cups. But every time he touched the puck in Washington the turkey calls started up.

Pete Peters

Larry Murphy (boo)

Kevin Hatcher

Mike Gartner

Bengt Gustafsson

Bobby Carpenter

Gaetan Duchesne

But that was a different era and a totally different style

BTW, I think Stevens may have been involved in something that punched his ticket out of town.

What the hey are you talking about man?

Jeez, and you are a Redskins fan :doh:

I can't stand the Devils. And all I ever heard from Devil's fans was how great Scott Stevens was. An unhealthy hatred seems to have grown from that.

Probably one of the top 5 defenseman to ever play

Its not his fault Eric Lindros always skated with his head down in the nuetral zone :laugh:

I never questioned his talent. But he's still a jerkoff. He flattened concussion boy that night, I remember that hit.

Hell, why not youtube that as well.

Seriously, I want some answers from these Flyer supporters in here.

As I stated previously, my brother roots for the Flyers. When the Wings aren't playing, I root for them. My hatred of cities doesn't cross sports.

I hate the Cowboys, I don't hate the Mavericks or the Stars

I hate the Eagles, I don't hate the Flyers or the Sixers

I hate the Bulls, I don't hate the Bears or the White Sox

I hate the Avalanche, I don't hate the Broncos or the Rocikes.

I hate the Red Sox, I don't hate the Bruins or the Patriots (Ok, I hate the Pats. Everybody does)

BTW, I think Stevens may have been involved in something that punched his ticket out of town.

The limo incident after the 1990 series against the Bruins

Then the Blues offered him the biggest contract in NHL history for a d-man, 1 million a year or something which totally changed the salary structure in the NHL. Pollin refused to allow Poile to match

Safe to say you were wrong about Stevens. You must be thinking of Larry Murphy. Once he left he ended up winning 5 cups. But every time he touched the puck in Washington the turkey calls started up.

You're right, it was Larry Murphy. Who did he end up with, the Penguins right?

$#!@#%*#&$@! Just got back from the game. I was sitting in Section 108, and I saw that bull**** non-call on the goalie interference right in front of me ... I also saw the damn puck sitting there on the rebound at the end of the game - it was like freaking slow motion - someone please get that puck out of there, call a penalty, do something!

...but then the game was over.

The crowd was just numb ... didn't know what to do. Couldn't believe we lost. Didn't want to leave. People wanted to applaud the Capitals for a great season ... I still can't believe we lost that game.

It was a hell of a game to be at though ... couldn't hear yourself speak half the time. I didn't sit down during overtime.

Puck the refs! Screw Philly! Pennsylvania sucks!

As I stated previously, my brother roots for the Flyers. When the Wings aren't playing, I root for them. My hatred of cities doesn't cross sports.

I hate the Cowboys, I don't hate the Mavericks or the Stars

I hate the Eagles, I don't hate the Flyers or the Sixers

I hate the Bulls, I don't hate the Bears or the White Sox

I hate the Avalanche, I don't hate the Broncos or the Rocikes.

I hate the Red Sox, I don't hate the Bruins or the Patriots (Ok, I hate the Pats. Everybody does)

Yeah but Philly is PHILLY. :puke:

I can't stand the Devils. And all I ever heard from Devil's fans was how great Scott Stevens was. An unhealthy hatred seems to have grown from that.

I never questioned his talent. But he's still a jerkoff. He flattened concussion boy that night, I remember that hit.

Hell, why not youtube that as well.

Yeah, but he was the great. And what he did to Lindros just made him greater. :)

I guess some people don't see how big the rivalry between the Caps and the old Patrick Division teams was. For me, a long time Caps fan, the only rivalry that bests the old Patrick Division teams is the NFC East rivalry. I think anyone who has followed the Caps for a long time can appreciate what I mean. Of the old Patrick Division teams, I hate the Flyers most because they were always dirty, cheating, scum.

I guess some people don't see how big the rivalry between the Caps and the old Patrick Division teams was. For me, a long time Caps fan, the only rivalry that bests the old Patrick Division teams is the NFC East rivalry. I think anyone who has followed the Caps for a long time can appreciate what I mean. Of the old Patrick Division teams, I hate the Flyers most because they were always dirty, cheating, scum.

I feel you on it. Those games were brutal in the old Patrick division, in particular in the playoffs. Re-alignment threw everything off

I agree (and growing up in South Jersey doesn't hurt). However, I really wish we could start to develop those type rivalries with our current division. I know we all don't like realignment, but it is a fact, and the teams in our division are in our division. Let's all start hating Carolina more than Philly. Philly is our past, Carolina is our future.

**** Carolina!!!

I agree (and growing up in South Jersey doesn't hurt). However, I really wish we could start to develop those type rivalries with our current division. I know we all don't like realignment, but it is a fact, and the teams in our division are in our division. Let's all start hating Carolina more than Philly. Philly is our past, Carolina is our future.

**** Carolina!!!

But our division sucks! Plus they are all expansion teams, it's almost like they threw the big dog in the yard with the puppies.

Archived