Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Watching Hackett's playoff highlights and I noticed something about the QB

kiingspadee

http://www.nfl.com/players/d.j.hackett/profile?id=HAC504279

This is the video I was watching.

Now Zorn was the QB coach of Seattle - and from what many have said, made Hasselbeck the Pro-Bowl QB he is. If you watch the video you notice he does alot of pump fakes and low bullet passes. Not to mention his field vision is amazing.

Now did he learn all of this from Zorn or perhaps Hasselbeck is just this amazing? I say it would give alot of credit to Zorn. So what I am wondering is with Jason Campbell's arm and boy o' boy does he have one. I think Zorn can teach Campbell how to pick apart a defense. I mean if Campbell could get down timing and up his field vision and accuracy then we have a serious threat! One of the biggest plays is at 1:27. Hasselbeck pumps once and comes right back up to fire it to D.J.

Goes into that timing and vision.

I can seriously see J.C. getting this offense down and make some serious plays. However the upside to Zorn is he has no attatchments to J.C. so if Campbell does not preform to his capability I would in no means be upset that Collins gets the nod to start. I really think we should have Campbell as the starter but let them both duke it out to see who REALLY wants to be starter. I mean we have 4 preseason games. Let JC start one home one away and vice versa and let them get equal playing time and let's see who outpreforms who. I would like to see some competition and let J.C. step up and show everyone "Hey I AM The Man!!"

Oh on a side note with all the talks about Boldin getting traded here for Betts - my opinion is Rock wants to run the ball more so hey pull the trigger let Rock get some carries and let him and Portis be our 1-2 punch! Then we get our big playmaking WR one who is young and going to be amazing and we then can focus on DL/OL and DBS in the draft just my:2cents:

I sure hope you're right. How many times do you think DJ Hackett has heard "San Dimas High School Football Rules!"

Not nearly enough.

"Hackett attended San Dimas High School in San Dimas, California and was a letterman in football, basketball and track. Hackett graduated from San Dimas High School in 1999 with a 3.5 grade point average."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/D.J._Hackett

The more I see of this guy, The more I am liking him. I am hoping he doesn't sign with the Panthers and joins us.

I get more and more excited when I see Matt Hasselbeck, because I know that Jason Campbell has more physical talent that Matt and is more naturally gifted than Matt in almost every department

If you recall Hasselbeck was a promissing QB when Seattle acquired him from Green Bay.

In his first few years he was *not* very good. In fact, due to ineffectivness and injury he lost his job to Trent Dilfer for a time.

Did Zorn's influence "fix" him? Lets hope so......

I sure hope you're right. On another note. How many times do you think DJ Hackett has heard "San Dimas High School Football Rules!"

:laugh:

Watching the TD pass to Hackett, it looks like Prioleau just stopped covering Hackett in order to watch the fake. Terrible coverage. :doh:

http://www.nfl.com/players/d.j.hackett/profile?id=HAC504279

This is the video I was watching.

Now Zorn was the QB coach of Seattle - and from what many have said, made Hasselbeck the Pro-Bowl QB he is. If you watch the video you notice he does alot of pump fakes and low bullet passes. Not to mention his field vision is amazing.

Now did he learn all of this from Zorn or perhaps Hasselbeck is just this amazing? I say it would give alot of credit to Zorn. So what I am wondering is with Jason Campbell's arm and boy o' boy does he have one. I think Zorn can teach Campbell how to pick apart a defense. I mean if Campbell could get down timing and up his field vision and accuracy then we have a serious threat! One of the biggest plays is at 1:27. Hasselbeck pumps once and comes right back up to fire it to D.J.

Goes into that timing and vision.

I can seriously see J.C. getting this offense down and make some serious plays. However the upside to Zorn is he has no attatchments to J.C. so if Campbell does not preform to his capability I would in no means be upset that Collins gets the nod to start. I really think we should have Campbell as the starter but let them both duke it out to see who REALLY wants to be starter. I mean we have 4 preseason games. Let JC start one home one away and vice versa and let them get equal playing time and let's see who outpreforms who. I would like to see some competition and let J.C. step up and show everyone "Hey I AM The Man!!"

Oh on a side note with all the talks about Boldin getting traded here for Betts - my opinion is Rock wants to run the ball more so hey pull the trigger let Rock get some carries and let him and Portis be our 1-2 punch! Then we get our big playmaking WR one who is young and going to be amazing and we then can focus on DL/OL and DBS in the draft just my:2cents:

Sorry I just don't see Rock as anything more than a 3rd RB and Special Team'er

Just copying and pasting my Hackett thoughts.

He's an outstanding player, in my view, the Wes Welker of this offseason, the dark horse with huge potential. He may not have Welkers level of dedication to his craft (heard a few rumors anyway, accuracy unknown) but his productivity as a starter, since he first saw a few starts replacing DJack late in '06 is fantastic. The guy is a reception machine and real chain mover w/explosiveness to boot when healthy. Bum hip pointer his rookie year, was the 4th WR until DJack went down and he replaced him late in '06, then was hugely productive until an ankle injury sidelined him in the playoffs, and in '07 he was expected to blow up, but couldnt get on the field much of the year due to another ankle injury, once healthy though, he got right back to where he was late in '06, and produced excellent numbers.

He's special. I think if his ankle problems are behind him, he'll be an absolute steal, and one last thing, the Lloyd comparisons are silly. Beyond Silly. Hackett is loathed by his teammates from what I know, Lloyd was litterally chased out of San Francisco by his own teammates. Secondly Lloyd as a starter was a 2-4 catch per game guy. Average and median sat right in that 3 catches per game territory. There was reason to believe he might be able to project into a decent second banana, more reason oddly enough than ARE, whose productivity was always behind Lloyds, but still, Lloyds ceiling appeared somewhere in 50 catch territory. Hackett is hugely productive when he starts. His floor was basically a typical game for ARE or Lloyd when he started in late '06 and in '07. His floor is 3-4 catches for game, his average-median production is generally 5-10 receptions a game. He reminds me a lot of Welker in that he has a great hands, and really just piles up receptions whenever he's on the field. Really, really productive. A GREAT draft pick of theirs. When Seattle lost DJack in late '06, Branch was expected to pick up the slack, but Hackett was signicantly better. He's a special player in waiting, it's a shame we aren't going after him harder, particularly considering how hard we went after Lloyd and ARE, players who had nothing remotely like the ceiling of potential Hackett has, when we went after them and signed them.

Hawks fan here, not sure if this is the right thread for this (feel free to copy and paste if you want) but I have some thoughts on how the Jim Zorn/Jason Campbell marriage is going to work out - very well.

- Remember that when Hasselbeck first became the starter for us things were not pretty, I wouldn't go as far as to say disasterous, but it didn't go well. So 1st of all try to be patient, it might not look to good to start; but the long term gain will far outweigh the short term pain. But it will do the team no good to not let Jason Campbell work through his initial struggles with the WCO.

- The WCO is only as successfull as the grasp and command that the qb has of the offense. It is predicated on knowing exactly what to do in split seconds and putting the ball dead on the money and a lot of 3 step drops.

- There is no doubt in my mind that Jim Zorn will eventually turn Campbell into a perenniel probowler in this offense. Zorn is an outstanding teacher and Campbell will become as good as he wants to become. Zorn has been working under Mike Holmgren who is thought of as the best QB creator of this era and Zorn has definately picked up a lot from Holmgren about the WCO and how to get excellent QB play in that offense.

- Zorn is the new young buck star of the Holmgren, Reid, Gruden tree.

- Even as a Hawks fan I have no problem saying that Jason Campbell has plenty more natural ability than Matt Hasselbeck. There is a reason Campbell was a 1st rounder and Hasselbeck went straight to a practice squad.

Campbell can throw hard and on the money - Jim Zorn will take care of the rest should Campbell want it bad enough.

There has to be patience though, if Campbell doesn't get it at first don't get worried or upset with him or Zorn - the day will come when the growing pains pay off.

If management is patient with the process, 2-3 seasons from now if not sooner, you guys should be enjoying the new young star HC of the NFL, a perrenial probowl qb and an offense that at its best works like clockwork.

Think Matt Hasselbeck with a bigger arm, that's how I see Campbell within the next few seasons.

First, the worst thing you can do for a young QB is tell him he actually ISNT the man, you are having second thoughts about him, and don't know if he can cut it. Its tough enough being a young NFL QB, there are a lot of mistakes you can make. Then to know that the next mistake may get you pulled, well, that can shatter the nerves of even the calmest QB. Theres a reason NFL teams dont do that.

Second, yet again I see one of the reasons for pulling the Bolden trade being put for as Cartwright wanting more carries. What the hell does that have to do with anything? I want to catch more passes for the Redskins, does that mean they should trade all their current receivers and sign me? Just because Rock wants more carries doesnt mean hes any good. He couldnt even get a #2 RB job in the NFL, by any of the 31 other teams out there. So now all of the sudden, a RB that nobody wants as anything but a #3(thats assuming they even want him), is going to become our #2, with the possibility of becoming a #1 if CP goes down with injury again?

I dont think so.

I gotta say, everyone one of those throws are throws I've seen JC make. So at least he's got that going for him.

Zorn has said it will be a rhythm offense and when we went most rhythmic (best hangman word) was against Detroit and later in the season with the no huddle. I think JC will be just fine once he has the playbook down.

Hawks fan here, not sure if this is the right thread for this (feel free to copy and paste if you want) but I have some thoughts on how the Jim Zorn/Jason Campbell marriage is going to work out - very well.

- Remember that when Hasselbeck first became the starter for us things were not pretty, I wouldn't go as far as to say disasterous, but it didn't go well. So 1st of all try to be patient, it might not look to good to start; but the long term gain will far outweigh the short term pain. But it will do the team no good to not let Jason Campbell work through his initial struggles with the WCO.

- The WCO is only as successfull as the grasp and command that the qb has of the offense. It is predicated on knowing exactly what to do in split seconds and putting the ball dead on the money and a lot of 3 step drops.

- There is no doubt in my mind that Jim Zorn will eventually turn Campbell into a perenniel probowler in this offense. Zorn is an outstanding teacher and Campbell will become as good as he wants to become. Zorn has been working under Mike Holmgren who is thought of as the best QB creator of this era and Zorn has definately picked up a lot from Holmgren about the WCO and how to get excellent QB play in that offense.

- Zorn is the new young buck star of the Holmgren, Reid, Gruden tree.

- Even as a Hawks fan I have no problem saying that Jason Campbell has plenty more natural ability than Matt Hasselbeck. There is a reason Campbell was a 1st rounder and Hasselbeck went straight to a practice squad.

Campbell can throw hard and on the money - Jim Zorn will take care of the rest should Campbell want it bad enough.

There has to be patience though, if Campbell doesn't get it at first don't get worried or upset with him or Zorn - the day will come when the growing pains pay off.

If management is patient with the process, 2-3 seasons from now if not sooner, you guys should be enjoying the new young star HC of the NFL, a perrenial probowl qb and an offense that at its best works like clockwork.

Think Matt Hasselbeck with a bigger arm, that's how I see Campbell within the next few seasons.

:applause::applause:

Nice post dude. Your welcome to post here anytime with an attitude like that. I sure do hope this comes true.

And we're looking to break that 2 game losing streak in SEA come next year! Be Ready!!!

Good to hear that someone outside DC thinks that Jason Campbell has some potential to be great, Hackett or no Hackett I think we can all agree that Zorn will help Jason improve

Only problem is, he really does need a big possession WR and it'll take years for a draft pick to blossom into what we need so someone like Hackett may be the answer

Archived