Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Watching Hackett's playoff highlights and I noticed something about the QB

kiingspadee

Hawks fan here, not sure if this is the right thread for this (feel free to copy and paste if you want) but I have some thoughts on how the Jim Zorn/Jason Campbell marriage is going to work out - very well.

- Remember that when Hasselbeck first became the starter for us things were not pretty, I wouldn't go as far as to say disasterous, but it didn't go well. So 1st of all try to be patient, it might not look to good to start; but the long term gain will far outweigh the short term pain. But it will do the team no good to not let Jason Campbell work through his initial struggles with the WCO.

- The WCO is only as successfull as the grasp and command that the qb has of the offense. It is predicated on knowing exactly what to do in split seconds and putting the ball dead on the money and a lot of 3 step drops.

- There is no doubt in my mind that Jim Zorn will eventually turn Campbell into a perenniel probowler in this offense. Zorn is an outstanding teacher and Campbell will become as good as he wants to become. Zorn has been working under Mike Holmgren who is thought of as the best QB creator of this era and Zorn has definately picked up a lot from Holmgren about the WCO and how to get excellent QB play in that offense.

- Zorn is the new young buck star of the Holmgren, Reid, Gruden tree.

- Even as a Hawks fan I have no problem saying that Jason Campbell has plenty more natural ability than Matt Hasselbeck. There is a reason Campbell was a 1st rounder and Hasselbeck went straight to a practice squad.

Campbell can throw hard and on the money - Jim Zorn will take care of the rest should Campbell want it bad enough.

There has to be patience though, if Campbell doesn't get it at first don't get worried or upset with him or Zorn - the day will come when the growing pains pay off.

If management is patient with the process, 2-3 seasons from now if not sooner, you guys should be enjoying the new young star HC of the NFL, a perrenial probowl qb and an offense that at its best works like clockwork.

Think Matt Hasselbeck with a bigger arm, that's how I see Campbell within the next few seasons.

your giving me a woodie

Hawks fan here, not sure if this is the right thread for this (feel free to copy and paste if you want) but I have some thoughts on how the Jim Zorn/Jason Campbell marriage is going to work out - very well.

- Remember that when Hasselbeck first became the starter for us things were not pretty, I wouldn't go as far as to say disasterous, but it didn't go well. So 1st of all try to be patient, it might not look to good to start; but the long term gain will far outweigh the short term pain. But it will do the team no good to not let Jason Campbell work through his initial struggles with the WCO.

- The WCO is only as successfull as the grasp and command that the qb has of the offense. It is predicated on knowing exactly what to do in split seconds and putting the ball dead on the money and a lot of 3 step drops.

- There is no doubt in my mind that Jim Zorn will eventually turn Campbell into a perenniel probowler in this offense. Zorn is an outstanding teacher and Campbell will become as good as he wants to become. Zorn has been working under Mike Holmgren who is thought of as the best QB creator of this era and Zorn has definately picked up a lot from Holmgren about the WCO and how to get excellent QB play in that offense.

- Zorn is the new young buck star of the Holmgren, Reid, Gruden tree.

- Even as a Hawks fan I have no problem saying that Jason Campbell has plenty more natural ability than Matt Hasselbeck. There is a reason Campbell was a 1st rounder and Hasselbeck went straight to a practice squad.

Campbell can throw hard and on the money - Jim Zorn will take care of the rest should Campbell want it bad enough.

There has to be patience though, if Campbell doesn't get it at first don't get worried or upset with him or Zorn - the day will come when the growing pains pay off.

If management is patient with the process, 2-3 seasons from now if not sooner, you guys should be enjoying the new young star HC of the NFL, a perrenial probowl qb and an offense that at its best works like clockwork.

Think Matt Hasselbeck with a bigger arm, that's how I see Campbell within the next few seasons.

Echo the nice post sentiments from above. Gotta add the...

:doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh:

for the fact that Hasselbeck was on the practice squad. We should have snagged that guy years ago. He's a fantastic leader and quarterback.

http://www.nfl.com/players/d.j.hackett/profile?id=HAC504279

This is the video I was watching.

Now Zorn was the QB coach of Seattle - and from what many have said, made Hasselbeck the Pro-Bowl QB he is. If you watch the video you notice he does alot of pump fakes and low bullet passes. Not to mention his field vision is amazing.

Now did he learn all of this from Zorn or perhaps Hasselbeck is just this amazing? I say it would give alot of credit to Zorn. So what I am wondering is with Jason Campbell's arm and boy o' boy does he have one. I think Zorn can teach Campbell how to pick apart a defense. I mean if Campbell could get down timing and up his field vision and accuracy then we have a serious threat! One of the biggest plays is at 1:27. Hasselbeck pumps once and comes right back up to fire it to D.J.

Goes into that timing and vision.

I can seriously see J.C. getting this offense down and make some serious plays. However the upside to Zorn is he has no attatchments to J.C. so if Campbell does not preform to his capability I would in no means be upset that Collins gets the nod to start. I really think we should have Campbell as the starter but let them both duke it out to see who REALLY wants to be starter. I mean we have 4 preseason games. Let JC start one home one away and vice versa and let them get equal playing time and let's see who outpreforms who. I would like to see some competition and let J.C. step up and show everyone "Hey I AM The Man!!"

Oh on a side note with all the talks about Boldin getting traded here for Betts - my opinion is Rock wants to run the ball more so hey pull the trigger let Rock get some carries and let him and Portis be our 1-2 punch! Then we get our big playmaking WR one who is young and going to be amazing and we then can focus on DL/OL and DBS in the draft just my:2cents:

Uhhh, you do realize that Seattle gave up a 1st rounder to Green Bay to get Hback, right? I would say that it shows that he was top talent to begin and he would of had success no matter the coach. As much as I like to wear the B&G glasses...you need to look at the right way. I'm sure Zorn helped, but to make it sound as Hback was nothing and Zorn did it all...is naive to say the least.

Archived