Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What would you legalize?

Burgold

I would leaglize Pot if law makers could use it to boost the economy. I see it as no more harmless then ciggerettes, and nowhere near as destructive as alcohol. I think there is a market, and an untapped revenue source, especially in a market with choices in qua;ity of the product. Tax it, regulate it, whatever. For the record, no i dont smoke pot either........ I used to when i was a kid though. I wouldnt even know where to get any now if i tried.

Id also want to enact a time table and laws against gasoline cars. Force the car industry to convert to something other then Gas, and use all of our fuel for Military, Police, Fire fighting Medical and Cargo and mass shipping purposes. Businesses that rely on Gasoline to sustain themselves, ( movers, delivery services, taxi's, ect) would either be heavily taxed for using gas or switch to an alternative fuel source. Maybe FEdEx jumps on with GM and creates an alternative fuel cell Utility Vehicle for delivery services. I would make using gasoline a luxury.

I believe a switch of that nature would lower the cost of the fuel which we could then take advantage of to use in Social Service efforts, to aid in heating for public housing and maybe a para-transit service for the elderly and homeless to get back and forth to their medical appointments, make it Medicare and Medicade friendly maybe. It may also do a little something for the obesity problem in the United States.

No, Im not a liberal.

Voting rights: Those on government assistance lose the right to vote until they are off of it.

I would add to this that taxpaying resident alien's should be able to vote. My husband can't vote and is probably more in the know about our political system and the candidates than most voting Americans.

I would legalize all kinds of minor traffic violations IF you can pass a super intensive driving exam.

Amen. For a while I've thought almost that very same thing. I am mainly concerned with speeding. Stopping at red lights/stop signs, safe merging, and things like that need to be enforced. But speed limits are so subjective it's not funny. Not that I'm a ultra-super-duper driver or anything, but I have had some emergency vehicle driving experience and I know that some of us out there driving 80 or 90 are a lot safer than others at 65.

And, I'd legalize pot (and maybe some other drugs) with the proviso that anyone caught driving or committing another crime while under the influence faces the same, if not harsher penalties than someone that is sober.

Tearing the tags off mattresses is only illegal if you haven't purchased it. Once you own it, tear away.

Anyway, I would legalize prostitution. However immoral or bad I may think it is, it's pointless to spend taxpayer dollars in law enforcement on something so petty.

Let's look at a scenerio. I take a girl out on a date and we go to dinner and a movie. Later on we head to my house where we have sex.

Next night, I take a girl out and we go to dinner and a movie and later we go back to my place and have sex. As she leaves I pay her money.

The later is illegal. Why? cause of the money?? So what. Two adults participated in adults only activities in the privacy of their own homes and becuase money was involved, it becomes illegal.

You take the money away and it's legal. sounds totally illogical to me.

Just curious. Would he ever want to become a U.S. citizen? Is it possible for him to get dual citizenship?

yeah he can be a citizen now... he thought about it post 9/11 (a misdemeanor can get you deported now). When he first came here it was only like $150 to get it now its like $3000 -- the only thing he can't do is vote (or work for the government) so he is just not that motivated. Ireland is actually one of the few countries that does require you to denounce your citizenship when you become a citizen of another country.

I wouldn't legalize Pot for the same reasons I don't think alcohol should be legal. Too many people don't know how to handle it responsibly and unfortunately endanger others. If the fact that you could eliminate the endangering others part, I wouldn't mind, but there are too many irresponsible people in the world and we don't need to give them more opportunities to kill themselves and largely others.

Alot of people will say, I'm repsonsible. That may be true, but IMO the safety of others outwiegh the needs of the few to drink or smoke pot.

IMO if it directly affects another person adversely, than it shouldn't be done. Smoking in public around people causes those who don't to smell or inhale your second hand smoke.

Drinking impares your judgement and allows you to get into a car and endanger innocent people. Same with drugs.

My arguement is, that if these things impair your judgement, which they do and that isn't really even up for arguement, than how can you say you can use them responsibly without harming others?

I would more broadly legalize the concept of Self-Defense and the availability of items for that purpose to the general public. I would also separately create a FEDERAL CCW License that would supercede all state laws and would also include knives, batons, pepper spray and most other self-defense tools.

Marajuana, for sure. I'm tired of a crazy drug war accomplishing nothing but putting money in the hands of violent gangs and creating more violent criminals. This is the number one "gateway" drug because it's the most likely to be used and sending users to deal with drug dealers eager to push their other more addicting products is moronic. Having said that I don't smoke weed... I never found being a little dizzy, sleepy, and hungry all that enjoyable. Caffeine is my drug of choice, alertness (if a bit shakey) for the MF win.

Killing your abusive spouse provided that you file at least one police report prior to the killing and there is proof they were indeed very physically abusive. I don't care if their were insane at the time or if they planned it. Screw'em abusive spouses and parents (and I'm talking really abusive, not spanking) deserve to be put in the ground and I don't blame their victims one bit.

If you found a magic eraser that would allow you to undo one law (or a pen to legalize one thing now illegal) what would you choose?

Legalize Marijurana? No

Prostitiution? No

Torture? If the Nation's Security was at risk Yes

Wire Tapping if you mean listening in on suspected Terrorist cell phones Yes

Jay Walking? As long as the driver isnt at fault for running the person over.

Tearing those tags off of mattresses? Yes

Voting rights? Yes if it applies to illegals, Convicted felons and people with no ID proving that are in that district

The Daily babe? No

What would you change?

Archived