Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Draft Tek simulation:Mock Draft rounds 1-7(I would be very,very happy with this!)

michael_33

Round 1 - Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie - CB - Tennessee State

Round 2 - Lawrence Jackson - DE - USC

Round 3 - Jordy Nelson - WR - Kansas State

Round 3 - DeMario Pressley - DT - North Carolina State

Round 5 - Chad Rinehart - OG - Northern Iown

Round 6 - Andrew Crummey - OG - Maryland

Round 7 - Marcus Howard - LB - Georgia

Round 7 - Bobbie Williams - S - Bethune-Cookman

Round 7 - Matt Flynn - QB - LSU

1 - Springs is old and injury prone, Carlos is out until mid October. If Springs goes down we are looking at Smoot and Torrence starting. Smoot is always banged up as well. DRC has amazing potential and upside. Great speed and amazing hands. The best CB in the draft but comes from a small school so it might scare some people away.

2 - Daniels is old but still serviceable. The argument has been had that Jackson played next to Ellis and thats why he was successful. We have above average DTs and paired up with Carter will open things up for him.

3 - We lack that big bodied WR and Jordy fits that mold and more. He has size and GREAT speed for his size. Soft hands and extends his arms to make the catch, doesn't let it come to his body first. He is a very solid route runner. He would fill that last WR spot we need to the WCO

3 - With the comp pick for Dockery we can use it on Pressley at DT. Griffin is old and always hurt. Pressley had a very impressive Sr Bowl week. He can push the middle and fold the pocket from the front so the QB can't step up like they always do to us.

5 - We all know we need depth for the OL. Rinehart had an awesome week at the Sr Bowl and held his own against top talent like Ellis and Laws. He has great run blocking skills as well as a good pass blocker.

6 - Just like the previous reason, is why we need this pick as well. By taking a first round OL, he won't even see the field behind our starters now. Taking a OL that early we would be wasting a pick. Crummey has a massive frame and great footwork for his size.

7 - Rocky might not be ready at the start of the season and Godfrey might be gone as well. Washington is often banged up. Marcus has good productiong for his position. He had over 10 sacks this season and played on a very smart defense in Georgia. We need a replacement for Washington in the future and he could be a good option to groom.

7 - I never thought I would need to pick another S again after Landry but we are at the point where we need another. Reed played well down the stretch but im not sold on him being the answer. Williams has great closing speed and amazing range. An added bonus is he hits like a truck and has great ball skills. He could be a huge steal for us. He didn't play against the best competition but that doesn't make or break anyone.

7 - We have stated we will be looking for a late round QB and I couldn't think of a better one then Flynn. He is big and athletic. He is also very quick for his size. He stepped in his senior season and lead LSU to win the national championship. I think he can be a very quick learner and able to be groomed very nicely.

Do any of us really watch enough college game footage to know which players will turn out to be good in the pros?

It doesn't matter how much footage you watch there will always be hits and misses when it comes to selecting players in the NFL.

I remember when everyone on this site wanted Mike Williams to be drafted, and there were countless threads about how the Skins FO screwed up by not taking him.

:laugh:

Just goes to show you the fans only know so much about guys. There is a lot more to this than just a highlight reel.

Round 1 - Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie - CB - Tennessee State

Round 2 - Lawrence Jackson - DE - USC

Round 3 - Jordy Nelson - WR - Kansas State

Round 3 - DeMario Pressley - DT - North Carolina State

Round 5 - Chad Rinehart - OG - Northern Iown

Round 6 - Andrew Crummey - OG - Maryland

Round 7 - Marcus Howard - LB - Georgia

Round 7 - Bobbie Williams - S - Bethune-Cookman

Round 7 - Matt Flynn - QB - LSU

I really like this draft. I would consider Branden Albert if DRC is gone, or maybe even if he is still there. I love the Jordy Nelson pick.

]']What a Stupid Draft. Lets draft an Over Rated DT' date=' followed by a DE who only looks good because he played next to a really good DT.

I don't understand what part of that would make you happy.[/quote']

exacty the way i feel.

pwned. I feel the same way. Not a great mock draft dude.

I've ranted on enough about Balmer for people to guess how much I would hate this draft. You never know with the draft but I'm willing to bet he will be a big time bust. We can get a guy like Brandon Albert who is just about guaranteed to be a great player over a DT who is completely over-rated. Trevor Laws and Dre Moore will be better than Kentwan Balmer.

I'm not too keen on lawrence jackson either. He produced at the college level but from what I've watched of him he seems to have no real technique. He doesn't use his hands and he has one pass rush move. He's like a less athletic and less polished version of a young andre carter. I think we can do better. Chilo Rachal may end up being a solid starter but he will probably never be a great guard. And I shy away from USC offensive players, they've all been over-rated since Carson Palmer.

http://www.drafttek.com/round12008.html

(7-Rounds of evaluation)

1)Blue chipper and fills need

2)Very good player and fills need

3)BPA and fills need

4)BPA and helps for depth

5)Solid pick and very well could start

6)Solid pick and should help for depth

7)No need and probably won't make team

Washington Redskins

---------------------

Round 1:#21st pick=Kentwan Balmer DT (North Carolina)

Round 2:#52nd pick=Lawrence Jackson DE (USC)

Round 3:#85th pick=Chilo Rachal OG (USC)

Round 4:N/A

Round 5:#149th pick=Tyvon Branch CB (U-Conn)

Round 6:#180th pick=Dorien Bryant WR (Purdue)

Round 7:#212th pick=Devin Clark OT (New Mexico)

This is probably my favorite mock as far as what would help the team the most...Of course,they still have to pan out and not be busts!

It's pretty apparent that 90% of Mock drafts have us taking a DL-man in 1 of the first 2 rounds nationwide...I would be very discouraged as a fan if we did NOT address a glaring need here for like 15 years...

Vinny...you know what to do!Be smart and get it done!! :cheers: :2cents:

Interesting....

Vinny said the Skins would likely draft a young QB in the later rounds.

]']Its wonderful how you just simulated their entire careers' date=' and have already proclaimed us a dynasty through the addition of a mediocre DT coupled with an over rated DE.

You're so delusional, its no wonder you don't realize that the best WRs in this league are former 1st Rounders, whereas the Best DL are former 2nd Day picks.

Care to back up your proclamation that those terrible picks are actually worth picking with some facts? Because you'll only embarrass yourself.[/quote']

You mean like TO?

and...of course...the biggest wr busts also come in the first round.

bottom line..there are no real elite wideouts in this year's draft. very hit & miss. seems to me it's up to you tp prove that at 21 BPA is a wr over OL or DL.

we've gonme on for far too long with an O-line that cannot dominate in the trenches. we have relied for far too long on scheme/back seven for a pass rush. we have enough $$$ invested in wideouts...time to draft dl/ol.

Why on earth any mock draft has us taking a DT in round one is beyond me.

Get it out of your heads, WE DO NOT NEED A DT!!!!

Are you for real. If the talent is there you go with the best player! D tackle, WR, DE or whatever. Griffen is not getting any younger or healthier so its not a stetch to bolster the D tackle position. To say we dont need a defensive tackle is short sited.

You mean like TO?

bottom line..there are no real elite wideouts in this year's draft. very hit & miss. seems to me it's up to you tp prove that at 21 BPA is a wr over OL or DL.

we've gonme on for far too long with an O-line that cannot dominate in the trenches. we have relied for far too long on scheme/back seven for a pass rush. we have enough $$$ invested in wideouts...time to draft dl/ol.

Wait a minute its hard to dominate in the trenches on IR we took some bad luck on the O line last year. With Randy and Jon back we will see about domination. I agree with everything else but we have a world class O line when healthy.

]']What a Stupid Draft. Lets draft an Over Rated DT' date=' followed by a DE who only looks good because he played next to a really good DT.

I don't understand what part of that would make you happy.[/quote']

Second that.

Wow! Your wisdom does not match your age. You are not 18. You must be at least late 30's

You mean like TO?

TO, Colston, etc are the anomalies, not the norm. The top WRs in the NFL in pretty much all statistical catagories have come from the 1st and 2nd round by a wide margin. Rattling on some 1st round WR busts isn't going to change that fact or the fact that in the past few years the opposite was true for D line. If you look at sacks (pressure is what we need...our run D is pretty good), most of the sack leaders were taken AFTER the 1st round; in many cases they were 2nd day picks. If you want a potential star at WR you are more likely to get it in the 1st round or maybe 2nd. If you want a WR who is mostly depth and is most likely going to end up as a #3-#4 wideout, a special teams player, or on the practice squad then go for one in the later rounds. You're much more likely to land a mid to later round gem at D line than you are WR.

Michael Westbrook

Rod Gardner

Desmond Howard

Just pure Legends... :doh:

Well that settles it. Why don't we draft the next Erasmus James, or Marcus Spears, or Kenechi Udeze....

OR, we could draft a Mark Anderson, or Jared Allen, or Trent Cole in the later rounds.

OMG!!!An intellegent poster and someone who actually understands the importance of having a d-line....

If we draft a WR,we will surely reap the the results of his biggest supporter..."Ghost"!! :doh:

He will never be seen.... :silly:

Get off my nuts. Seriously.

I couldn't disagree more with the WR's notion. Actually drafting a WR in round one is one of the well known NFL caveats. I am surpised you didn't no that

You disagree with teh fact that Last Season's Top 10 WRs were made up of 60% `Former 1st Round Draft Picks, where as Last Year's Top 10 DEs were made up of 60% NON 1st Round Players?

Look it up. The best WRs come from the first round, the Best DEs come later.

Remember, Reggie Williams, Matt Jones, Rod Gardner, Charles Rogers, Troy Williamson, and Mike Williams were all taken IN the first round at the WR postion...

Don't forget to add Erasmus James, Marcus Spears, Kenechi Udeze, Jason Babin, Jamaal Anderson, Michael Haynes, Jerome McDougle, and Tyler Brayton to your list of 1st Round Busts.

So were Anthony Gonzalez, Braylon Edwards, Mark Clayton, Roddy White (he had 1200+ and 6 td's in that mess called Atlanta), Larry Fitzgerald, Roy Williams, Lee Evans, Andre Johnson, Santana Moss, Reggie Wayne, Plaxico Burress, Tory Holt, David Boston (he WAS good), as well as plenty of others.

Rod Smith wasn't drafted at all, that doesn't mean we should only pick up FA WR's. Examples can be given for either side of the argument. If you want to name bust WR's anyone of us could just as easily find a list of bust DL, the percentage is probably fairly close.

None of that matters. Didn't you hear? Balmer and Jackson have already solidified our Division Titles. Sweed is on some team getting injured and blaming everyone else. Its already happened. Where have you been?

It's dosen't make sense to speculate that Sweed would be sidelined half of his second season and then become a locker room problem his third year. What are you The Amazing Kreskin or something? Any of the players on the mock draft mentioned are just as likely to have the same issues as the ones you prescribe to Sweed. Who's to say Balmer and Jackson won't be busts themselves. Maybe they'll both get drafted by the Redskins and in their first year one will be a total bust and be relagated to special teams and the other will have a nagging ankle injury. This would be at least as likely to happen as what you speculate would happen with Sweed. I'm not an advocate for Sweed or any Rec in the first round. As Vinny said, most of the rec in this draft really aren't worthy of a first rounder but would probably be picked anyway. If the issue isn't resolved in FA then the team should look at the WR position in the second round. It seems to me that the fewest numbers of first round busts occur in the OL position. Those are usually pretty sound picks. The DL bust ratio is high. Most, not all, of the better DL are chosen in the 2-5 rounds. Ideally The team could trade back. That's pretty unlikely but it sure would be nice to P/U another couple of 2's and/or 3's for our 1.

What's embarassing is he actually used a false reality as a rebuttal for his joke of a Mock Draft. No factual data, no historical facts, not even basic arguments, just the assertation that one day, Balmer and Jackson will lead us to Division Titles, while Sweed gets injured and pisses and moans about it.

While I don't think going D-line for our first two picks and not getting a receiver to round 6, this sure is a lot better than your other mock draft. But to be honest, that's not saying much.

http://extremeskins.com/forums/showthread.php?t=241195&highlight=michael_33

You can add yourself to the list of posters who haven't heard about the prophetic destiny of Balmer and Jackson. In case you were wondering, they're leading us to Division Titles. Meanwhile, Limas Sweed will get injured, then proceed to blame his coach. Its written in stone, so don't bother arguing.

:doh:

You mean like TO?

There are maybe 3 DL WORTH spending a 1st Round Draft Pick on. Dorsey, Ellis, and Long. MAYBE Gholston, but not sure. None of them will last past 12. Yet you insist on drafting DL simply for DLs sake.

If you say Branden Albert is the best pick at 21, you'd have a good case, because he's actually that damn good. But none of those other guys on the DL offer anything worth a 1st Round Draft Pick. Whereas Limas Sweed is actually worth that draft pick, especially at 21.

But what do I know, I'm sure I'll be the one "reaping the benefits," and will be "nowhere to be seen," should we draft Sweed, whatever the hell that means.

]']But what do I know' date=' I'm sure I'll be the one "reaping the benefits," and will be "nowhere to be seen," should we draft Sweed, whatever the hell that means.[/quote']

I think he was trying to be witty with the "ghost" thing...invisible. So uh. I guess he is saying that if we draft a WR in the 1st that he will reap the reward of the fact that you can't be seen? I dunno, I got nothing. But if being witty is working for him, more power to him.

TO, Colston, etc are the anomalies, not the norm. The top WRs in the NFL in pretty much all statistical catagories have come from the 1st and 2nd round by a wide margin. Rattling on some 1st round WR busts isn't going to change that fact or the fact that in the past few years the opposite was true for D line. If you look at sacks (pressure is what we need...our run D is pretty good), most of the sack leaders were taken AFTER the 1st round; in many cases they were 2nd day picks. If you want a potential star at WR you are more likely to get it in the 1st round or maybe 2nd. If you want a WR who is mostly depth and is most likely going to end up as a #3-#4 wideout, a special teams player, or on the practice squad then go for one in the later rounds. You're much more likely to land a mid to later round gem at D line than you are WR.

and I'll continue to believe that on average...the probability of a bust in the first rnd at wr is higher than o-line or d-line. the very fact of numbers makes that more likely. this years crops of wideouts is not outstanding by some scouting accounts....increasing the likelihood of a bust. we have putzed around with wideouts for far too long and have sunk gobs of omney into this wasteland. sign a bigger wr in FA at a cut rate price, improve the blocking, develop a pass rush worth a dang...and the team will be better off. WE AINT GONNA FIND A RECEIVER WORTH A *AMN IN THE FIRST RND. It'll e all hype and low return...as JC watches from his back.

otherwise...matter of perspective I guess vis the o-line:

- I saw an o-line that routinely could not dominate at the goal line and in short yardage situations....FOR YEARS

- I saw an o-line the center of which collapsed too quickly against bigger defenses

- I see a pattern with key players....key aging players......consistently being injured. getting through a 16 game season is a reasonable concern.

- I saw a promising T from MD who had his arse handed to him at times in pass blocking. we will see if we can chalk this up to experience or not.

The o-line needs an infusion of youth, health and size up the middle. you are free to disagree!

Archived