Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Draft Tek simulation:Mock Draft rounds 1-7(I would be very,very happy with this!)

michael_33

]']Well that settles it. Why don't we draft the next Erasmus James' date=' or Marcus Spears, or Kenechi Udeze....

OR, we could draft a Mark Anderson, or Jared Allen, or Trent Cole in the later rounds.

Get off my nuts. Seriously.

You disagree with teh fact that Last Season's Top 10 WRs were made up of 60% `Former 1st Round Draft Picks, where as Last Year's Top 10 DEs were made up of 60% NON 1st Round Players?

Look it up. The best WRs come from the first round, the Best DEs come later.

Don't forget to add Erasmus James, Marcus Spears, Kenechi Udeze, Jason Babin, Jamaal Anderson, Michael Haynes, Jerome McDougle, and Tyler Brayton to your list of 1st Round Busts.

None of that matters. Didn't you hear? Balmer and Jackson have already solidified our Division Titles. Sweed is on some team getting injured and blaming everyone else. Its already happened. Where have you been?

What's embarassing is he actually used a false reality as a rebuttal for his joke of a Mock Draft. No factual data, no historical facts, not even basic arguments, just the assertation that one day, Balmer and Jackson will lead us to Division Titles, while Sweed gets injured and pisses and moans about it.

You can add yourself to the list of posters who haven't heard about the prophetic destiny of Balmer and Jackson. In case you were wondering, they're leading us to Division Titles. Meanwhile, Limas Sweed will get injured, then proceed to blame his coach. Its written in stone, so don't bother arguing.

:doh:

There are maybe 3 DL WORTH spending a 1st Round Draft Pick on. Dorsey, Ellis, and Long. MAYBE Gholston, but not sure. None of them will last past 12. Yet you insist on drafting DL simply for DLs sake.

If you say Branden Albert is the best pick at 21, you'd have a good case, because he's actually that damn good. But none of those other guys on the DL offer anything worth a 1st Round Draft Pick. Whereas Limas Sweed is actually worth that draft pick, especially at 21.

But what do I know, I'm sure I'll be the one "reaping the benefits," and will be "nowhere to be seen," should we draft Sweed, whatever the hell that means.[/quote']

what..I should accept on faith that Sweed is a sure fire all-pro? cmon now...fiath is a great thing...especially for a cat who didn't play much his senior season........but none of the receiver corps strikes me as fit for the first round. and you haven't established any case to recage anyone's opinion otherwise. moreover...we can go over all the arguments about a position that doesn't even factor in 50% of the offensive plays vice linemen who factor in every play.

wideout drafts strike me as more of the losing hand the Skins have played over the years - high skill positions that don't pan out.

build from the lines out. ours aren't that good and they are aging.

Do any of us really watch enough college game footage to know which players will turn out to be good in the pros? Even the guys who get paid to do that full-time (scouts + FO guys) are wrong on a regular basis. I guess somebody will end up with the satisfaction of being able to say, "I called it!!!! I knew he'd be good!!!!" But seriously, this argument (and most of the other draft-related ones) is a little ridiculous.

Not to mention that we have pretty much no idea about who will be available in each round...

My hindisght is always 20-20 and it's pretty easy to tell that what we have been doing isn't working.

Going by previous drafts only, I know that over half of all WR's generally and all first round WR's since 1980 for the Skins have been busts. Conversely of all OL drafted in the first round for the past 5 years, including the only one we've drafted in the past 10 years in the first round, ALL are still playing football and only two of all of those linemen have even dropped out of a starting role.

So, even not knowing who is playing in college or knowing who will be available at any given pick, I would put good money that the vast majority of first round OL, barring injury, are going to be playing on the first string next year, and half of the WR are going to be busts. And if the Skins draft a WR in the first round, then I know he's going to be a bust, especially if he's from Michigan or Ohio State.

WE AINT GONNA FIND A RECEIVER WORTH A *AMN IN THE FIRST RND. It'll e all hype and low return...as JC watches from his back.

But I'm sure we'll find a DE and OT left and right, right?

:rolleyes:

what..I should accept on faith that Sweed is a sure fire all-pro? cmon now...fiath is a great thing...especially for a cat who didn't play much his senior season........but none of the receiver corps strikes me as fit for the first round. and you haven't established any case to recage anyone's opinion otherwise. moreover...we can go over all the arguments about a position that doesn't even factor in 50% of the offensive plays vice linemen who factor in every play.

wideout drafts strike me as more of the losing hand the Skins have played over the years - high skill positions that don't pan out.

build from the lines out. ours aren't that good and they are aging.

You don't have to think that Sweed is going to be great. You don't even have to think he's worth a 7th Rounder.

But you do have to have the least bit of credibility, intelligence, and validity to make proclamations like "OL AND DL ARE THE ONLY ANSWER! EVERY WR IN THIS DRAFT BLOWS!" Because that would constitute under that intelligence thing again.

Everyone mentions the failings of this year's WR class. And it is true, none of those guys looks like a Calvin Johnson, though I really can't say that they look worse than an Anthony Gonzalez or Craig Davis. But it is also widely reported the failings of the DT class after the top 2.

Kentwan Balmer isn't a 1st round DT, heck, he's barely a 2nd rounder in my book. The guy has 3.5 sacks against bad teams and all of a sudden he's a first rounder? Let's look at the last DT picked at 21. Vince Wilfork. He had 7 sacks his junior year. Marcus Tubbs, the 23rd pick in 2004, had 6 sacks his senior season and 19.5 sacks in his college career. Those two are first round defensive tackles. Balmer has 7 sacks in his CAREER. He started 3 years and only compiled 7 sacks!!! Most first round defensive tackles get about 7 sacks their last year alone. This guy is severely over-rated and I don't want us to be the team that finds that out 2 years down the line.

Balmer has the production of Justin Harrell or Alan Branch from last year, and we've seen how great those guys have looked. And thing is, they were both better athletes than Balmer. Branch ran his 40 time .3 seconds faster than Balmer while being 15 pounds heavier.

The safe pick is Brandon Albert. For every sweet WR that's a first round stud, there are 3 WR's who are busts. Have you ever heard of a 1st round guard that was a terrible bust? I would never go with a DE in round one. Ghost I agree with you on that point. For every Freeney, there are Marcus's Spears, Kenechi Udeze's and Erasmus James'. This Brandon Albert guy is a sure thing. He's such a low risk pick that Zorn, who has never really done this whole drafting process before should pick. It's easy to scout a guard. Not so much a WR or a DT.

1st of all Ghost...If we get Hackett,everything you said is null/void!We will NOT be drafting a WR in the 1st round nor should we...

2nd...Hey...I'm cool with taking Sweed if he drops all the way to the 2nd round...That would be a steal and a pick we can't let get away...

3rd..Why in the hell would we draft a guy in the first round when all this money is rapped up in MOSS and EL and then the money for Sweed as well,when we can get Hackett who not only will be cheaper than Sweed,but will probably be our #2 WR at worse?Sweed would have to work his way into the role and learn and while Hackett already has a leg up on the offense?Think buddy...use your brain MAN!We know Hackett can play.....What if we waste a pick on Sweed and he sucks?

4th...If we did nothing to our WR core,it would still be better than our D-line is right now without improving it....We get very little pass rush outside of Carter!Daniels is good against the run and that's it!Griffin is good but gets dbl-teamed all the time and is starting to get injured more frequently as well...Ghoston and Montomery are ok....They may or may not become solid players...I'm more impressed with Ghoston of the 2,but they are not blue chip pass rushing demons like this deep draft possess this year...

I don't think we should just draft 1 D-linman in the draft and 1st round...I think we need 2 or 3 to solidify the front and depth!1st rounder....maybe a 6th rounder...maybe a 7th round comp pick as well...

But I do want a WR ghost...I want Marcus Monk....Grab him in the 6th or 7th round...will that make ya happy...?lol

1st of all Ghost...If we get Hackett,everything you said is null/void!We will NOT be drafting a WR in the 1st round nor should we...

2nd...Hey...I'm cool with taking Sweed if he drops all the way to the 2nd round...That would be a steal and a pick we can't let get away...

3rd..Why in the hell would we draft a guy in the first round when all this money is rapped up in MOSS and EL and then the money for Sweed as well,when we can get Hackett who not only will be cheaper than Sweed,but will probably be our #2 WR at worse?Sweed would have to work his way into the role and learn and while Hackett already has a leg up on the offense?Think buddy...use your brain MAN!We know Hackett can play.....What if we waste a pick on Sweed and he sucks?

Sweed would only costs about $10 million over 5 years. Same contract of 21st pick last year at (9.5 million). If we grab Hackett, it still doesn't solve our solution to land a #1 WR and a big Receiver. Sweed would come in at worst be the 4th behind thrash, moss and El. Hackett would be a 2nd and still Moss would be a WR unable to play the middle of the field.

The safe pick is Brandon Albert. For every sweet WR that's in your little top ten, there are 3 WR's who you have never heard of because they are playing in the AFL or in Canada. Have you ever heard of a 1st round guard that was a terrible bust? I would never go with a DE in round one. Ghost I agree with you on that point. For every Freeney, there are Marcus's Spears, Kenechi Udeze's and Erasmus James'. This Brandon Albert guy is a sure thing. He's such a low risk pick that Zorn, who has never really done this whole drafting process before should pick. It's easy to scout a guard. Not so much a WR or a DT.

The fail rate for WR during the span of 2000-2004 was almost 45%. For defensive ends it was closer to 35%. And by fail I mean a guy who is out of the league in 4 years. 1st round defensive ends are also more likely to be starters after 4-5 years than 1st round wide receivers. Nonetheless, I haven't done the research but I'm pretty sure the fail rate for offensive guards would be much lower than those two. You could get a bust at any position but to be a first round guard you must be truly exceptional in college. If guards were more important to the game Brandon Albert would be a can't-miss top 5 pick.

And I agree, best case scenario we DO get DJ Hackett so we can address other concerns, but not by drafting over-rated defensive linemen.

Bullsh*t!!!!!!!!!! We need all the interior help we can get!!!!!!!!!! Griffin is always injured and I'm not sold on Anthony Montgomery being the answer. I'm not saying we need to grab a guy in the first round but if Kentwan Balmer is there at #21 you have to take a seroius look...

Remember, T.O., Chad Johnson, Hines Ward, Marques Colston, and Anquan Boldin were all guys taken after the 1st round at the WR position...

So because you're not sold on Montgomery, even though the coaching staff RAVES about the guy, we're supposed to draft an overrated DT in the 1st round? BULL**** to that! We shouldn't even look at a DT in round 1 at all! Montgomery and Golston have tons of potential, both has shown the ability to rush the QB and stop the rush.

We need to draft Sweed in round one OR Kelly, possibly Merling. The only D-Line help we need is DE, not DT.

3rd..Why in the hell would we draft a guy in the first round when all this money is rapped up in MOSS and EL and then the money for Sweed as well,when we can get Hackett who not only will be cheaper than Sweed,but will probably be our #2 WR at worse?Sweed would have to work his way into the role and learn and while Hackett already has a leg up on the offense?Think buddy...use your brain MAN!We know Hackett can play.....What if we waste a pick on Sweed and he sucks?...

You should really get real about Hackett. HE IS TRASH! The guy cannot play a full season to save his life, and just because he "plays" in a WCO doesnt mean he's the answer for us. I mean could you actually imagine that bum being our #1 WR? Hahahahahahaha!

Draft Sweed, Kelly, or work with Espy and Mix.

You should really get real about Hackett. HE IS TRASH! The guy cannot play a full season to save his life, and just because he "plays" in a WCO doesnt mean he's the answer for us. I mean could you actually imagine that bum being our #1 WR? Hahahahahahaha!

Draft Sweed, Kelly, or work with Espy and Mix.

OK!That sounds good!

Round 1 - Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie - CB - Tennessee State

Round 2 - Lawrence Jackson - DE - USC

Round 3 - Jordy Nelson - WR - Kansas State

Round 3 - DeMario Pressley - DT - North Carolina State

Round 5 - Chad Rinehart - OG - Northern Iown

Round 6 - Andrew Crummey - OG - Maryland

Round 7 - Marcus Howard - LB - Georgia

Round 7 - Bobbie Williams - S - Bethune-Cookman

Round 7 - Matt Flynn - QB - LSU

:applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:

Finally someone who knows what they are talking about

I am a HUGE Limas Sweed fan but this is AMAZING!

Round 1 - Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie - CB - Tennessee State

Round 2 - Lawrence Jackson - DE - USC

Round 3 - Jordy Nelson - WR - Kansas State

Round 3 - DeMario Pressley - DT - North Carolina State

Round 5 - Chad Rinehart - OG - Northern Iown

Round 6 - Andrew Crummey - OG - Maryland

Round 7 - Marcus Howard - LB - Georgia

Round 7 - Bobbie Williams - S - Bethune-Cookman

Round 7 - Matt Flynn - QB - LSU

:applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:

Finally someone who knows what they are talking about

I am a HUGE Limas Sweed fan but this is AMAZING!

If Dre Moore is there in the second I'd take him, if not him then Calais if he is still there (and with his combines he very well may be there). DeMario Pressley is a good consolation prize if Dre Moore isn't there in the 2nd. He was kinda a disappointment from his prospect rating coming out of high school but considering his injuries this year his performance was ok. He has great acceleration but his technique isn't refined. He has all the physical tools to be a great one-gap DT but just doesn't have the technique. I'm not sure if he'll be a full-time starter but we wouldn't lose a lot by putting him into the DT rotation. Nonetheless a lot of great picks if those guys are around at those spots.

From what I've seen Marcus Howard is projected to be a 2nd-3rd rounder, so getting him in the 7th is kind of a stretch. A great prospect that is similar to him is Hilee Taylor out of UNC. He was the real stud of the UNC defense yet isn't getting near the hype of Balmer. He's a tweener and probably doesn't have the fluidity to play lb or the size to play de full time, but he could probably be a good 3rd and long pass rusher.

If Dre Moore is there in the second I'd take him, if not him then Calais if he is still there (and with his combines he very well may be there). DeMario Pressley is a good consolation prize if Dre Moore isn't there in the 2nd. He was kinda a disappointment from his prospect rating coming out of high school but considering his injuries this year his performance was ok. He has great acceleration but his technique isn't refined. He has all the physical tools to be a great one-gap DT but just doesn't have the technique. I'm not sure if he'll be a full-time starter but we wouldn't lose a lot by putting him into the DT rotation. Nonetheless a lot of great picks if those guys are around at those spots.

From what I've seen Marcus Howard is projected to be a 2nd-3rd rounder, so getting him in the 7th is kind of a stretch. A great prospect that is similar to him is Hilee Taylor out of UNC. He was the real stud of the UNC defense yet isn't getting near the hype of Balmer. He's a tweener and probably doesn't have the fluidity to play lb or the size to play de full time, but he could probably be a good 3rd and long pass rusher.

idk where you are seeing that Howard is a 2nd-3rd round prospect. Howard is like the 18th-20th rated OLB in the draft.

not at all. just means you don't follow talent from non-big name schools (USC, Ohio St, etc.)

Neither does the rest of the free world.

:laugh:

Everyone is high on this guy because of his cousin who happened to make it into FSU. And it does mean something when a guy like this comes out of a small school in today's football. Yes, he had a good workout, but NOBODY knew who he was two months ago because as a football player he did nothing special. That's a HUGE concern coming out of a small Div 1-AA school. Literally he had one good game at the senior bowl. Other than that his stats are pedestrian.

Not saying he won't be good in the future, but he's a high risk type player and I hope he's gone by the time the Skins pick.

http://warroomreport.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=41&Itemid=40

11th rated DE (he worked out with the defensive ends)

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/players.php?genpos=OLB&draftyear=2008&sortby=tsxpos&order=ASC

6th rated OLB

http://www.walterfootball.com/draft2008OLB.php

2nd rated OLB

Just what I've seen. The guy had 76 total tackles and 10.5 sacks in the SEC, he's gonna get noticed.

]']Its wonderful how you just simulated their entire careers' date=' and have already proclaimed us a dynasty through the addition of a mediocre DT coupled with an over rated DE.

You're so delusional, its no wonder you don't realize that the best WRs in this league are former 1st Rounders, whereas the Best DL are former 2nd Day picks.

Care to back up your proclamation that those terrible picks are actually worth picking with some facts? Because you'll only embarrass yourself.[/quote']

There are also more first round WR busts than any other position. WR has a lot to do with system and QB but there are exceptions but not in this draft. Everyone is going to be hit or miss at WR in this draft. If you notice, good teams usually focus on their lines in the draft. TO was no first rounder and neither was Chad or Steve. Julius Peppers was a first rounder and so was Mario Williams. Sometimes people stretch for picks to fill a need and they don't work out. It goes like that for all positions.

Neither does the rest of the free world.

:laugh:

Everyone is high on this guy because of his cousin who happened to make it into FSU. And it does mean something when a guy like this comes out of a small school in today's football. Yes, he had a good workout, but NOBODY knew who he was two months ago because as a football player he did nothing special. That's a HUGE concern coming out of a small Div 1-AA school. Literally he had one good game at the senior bowl. Other than that his stats are pedestrian.

Not saying he won't be good in the future, but he's a high risk type player and I hope he's gone by the time the Skins pick.

well im sorry to say but you are VERY wrong. I heard of DRC in August. So have a lot of other people. Just because you and most of the people on here only watch big name D-I schools, doesn't mean this kid is a big risk. Look at the top 4 CB's in the draft... Troy University, South Florida University, Kansas University and Tennessee State University. None of them are big name schools but DRC doesn't go to a D-I school like the rest of them.

McKelvin - 173 tackles (60sr) 4 INT (2sr) - (biggest knack is his ball skills)

DRC - 158 tackles (37sr) 11 INT (2sr) - (biggest knack is needs to bulk up)

Jenkins - 133 tackles (41sr) 6INT (3sr) - (biggest knack is his incosistancy)

Talib - 162 tackles (66sr) 13 INT (5sr) - (biggest knack is his speed and inconsistant)

DRC's stats are up there with the top 4 CB's in the draft. He isn't just a workout warrior

http://warroomreport.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=41&Itemid=40

11th rated DE (he worked out with the defensive ends)

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/players.php?genpos=OLB&draftyear=2008&sortby=tsxpos&order=ASC

6th rated OLB

http://www.walterfootball.com/draft2008OLB.php

2nd rated OLB

Just what I've seen. The guy had 76 total tackles and 10.5 sacks in the SEC, he's gonna get noticed.

http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/rankings/olb.html

a much more credible site then the 3 you posted

There are also more first round WR busts than any other position. WR has a lot to do with system and QB but there are exceptions but not in this draft. Everyone is going to be hit or miss at WR in this draft. If you notice, good teams usually focus on their lines in the draft. TO was no first rounder and neither was Chad or Steve. Julius Peppers was a first rounder and so was Mario Williams. Sometimes people stretch for picks to fill a need and they don't work out. It goes like that for all positions.

:laugh: So you point to 2 of the small number of 1st round DEs who have been at the top of the sack list in the past few years. Most of the top sack guys were picked after the 1st round; in many cases not until the 2nd day. Compare that to WR, where most of the top NFL wideouts were selected in the 1st or 2nd round. Check for yoursef. Yes you can point to a couple of people who were later round steals at WR, but they are by far the exception, not the rule.

:laugh: So you point to 2 of the small number of 1st round DEs who have been at the top of the sack list in the past few years. Most of the top sack guys were picked after the 1st round; in many cases not until the 2nd day. Compare that to WR, where most of the top NFL wideouts were selected in the 1st or 2nd round. Check for yoursef. Yes you can point to a couple of people who were later round steals at WR, but they are by far the exception, not the rule.

you can put a spin on anything to prove a point. There was first round success at every position and busts at every position. Late round steals and players who dont even make a roster. The argument has been stated a million times. It's best to just wish the FO makes a good decision on who they take and in what round.

Archived