Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Jason Taylor wants out of Miami (merged)

Fletch_Lives59

Honestly, I hope the Vikings go after him. They are one of a few teams that will almost definately draft a DE in the 1st round. If the Vikes get him that will make them less likely to go DE in the 1st and give us a better shot at getting Harvey or Merling.

Lloyd is a Bear and JT is washed up. Didnt you search his name to find the 50 other threads about signing him? Are draft picks that invaluable to you?

Really? Lloyd is a Bear now? thanks for the update, that's why the post says WOULD'VE been nice...Taylor has 24.5 sacks in the last 2 years which = 4 total Redskins players have had in the past 2 years, washed up?

P.S. The search feature SUCKS on ES..

Really? Lloyd is a Bear now? thanks for the update, that's why the post says WOULD'VE been nice...Taylor has 24.5 sacks in the last 2 years which = 4 total Redskins players have had in the past 2 years, washed up?

Yes the search feature blows. And your not tired of the same old trend of giving 33 year old guys big deals for them to be here 2 or three years tops. Would'nt you rather save those draft picks and groom your own talent. When did picks become disposable enough to trade them for a guy past his prime??

Try only using one word at a time, like "Taylor" You'll get a lot of Sean Taylor related threads, but you can probably tell by the title which ones are about Jason.

Anyway, the Dolphins can let him go, I just drafted his replacement in the ES Mock Draft:laugh:

And no, I don't want him here, we need to get younger along the D-Line.

This makes no sense for the Redskins to even think about this trade.

Financially it wont work, and why would we trade for a guy who's on the downside of his career plus pay him his hefty contract. When we could grab someone in April who could fill that void for years to come.

For the right price (Which is whats going on this year), he would be worth a look.

But Parcells won't trade him here anyway, so it's a moot point.

As for the search function, am I the only person who has never had a problem with it? It works for me every time....

He should want out. He's one of the most dominate DE of generation and he's on a team that is atleast 3 years away from the playoffs.

He's a great locker room guy and still has something in the tank. I would love to see a 2 year deal for him if the price is right. We still need to draft DE/DT. I would put less pressure on the new kid.

Lloyd is a Bear and JT is washed up. Didnt you search his name to find the 50 other threads about signing him? Are draft picks that invaluable to you?

I'd take Jason Taylor over Dallas Sartz. Draft picks are over valued. I'm not saying that they are not important, but you can get FAs and veterans and still have them work out. It IS possible!

He has been productive the past 2 seasons, but he is what, 33? You have to think at some point he is going to fall off a cliff, production wise. Could be this season, could be 2 years from now.

I would give up very little, maybe a 5th round pick. Because you gotta figure a 5th rounder is about a 50-50 shot to make the roster anyways, so it's not really that much.

Also, I question Taylor's ability to play the run. With Carter on the other side, we would have two DE's who completely lack against the run game. Might not be a good idea.

He should want out. He's one of the most dominate DE of generation and he's on a team that is atleast 3 years away from the playoffs.

He's a great locker room guy and still has something in the tank. I would love to see a 2 year deal for him if the price is right. We still need to draft DE/DT. I would put less pressure on the new kid.

Miami 3 years away from the playoffs? If the don't get a QB they might be 3 years away from winning 4 games in a season.

Taylor can still play no doubt. But he is the wrong side of 30, only going to get worse at this point, would want a big/huge contract, plays RDE when we need a LDE and is much better rushing the passer versus playing the run. He is essentially Carter but a bit better and a lot older. Pass.

The only player I would want from Miami is Ronnie Brown assuming he can recover from his knee injury. Before he blew it out I thought he was the best RB in the NFL.

I'd take Jason Taylor over Dallas Sartz. Draft picks are over valued. I'm not saying that they are not important, but you can get FAs and veterans and still have them work out. It IS possible!

Not every 5th round pick is gonna be Dallas Sartz. And Im sick of that approach. Brandon Lloyd, TJ Duckett, Coles and didn't we trade a first for Sean Gilbert in the past. I also believe we traded for Jeff George and Tony Banks, correct me if Im wrong.

Not every 5th round pick is gonna be Dallas Sartz. And Im sick of that approach. Brandon Lloyd, TJ Duckett, Coles and didn't we trade a first for Sean Gilbert in the past. I also believe we traded for Jeff George and Tony Banks, correct me if Im wrong.

I agree, Dallas Sartz didint pan out, but look at Reed Doughty or Montgomery thats two in recent years!

Archived