Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Jason Taylor wants out of Miami (merged)

Fletch_Lives59

Before you so readily fling poo on the thought of Jason Taylor in a Skins uni, lets take a second to revisit Bruce Smith and Deion. Were they past their prime? Absolutely, considering both will be Hall of Famers. Were they still productive? Hell yes.

Bruce Smith had 10 sacks in 2000 at the ripe old age of 37. Deion was 33 but still had 4 picks and a huge punt return against Tampa Bay. We hate Deion for his personality but his play on the field in 2000 was NOT bad. He wasn't the Deion of old but he was still good.

Jason Taylor is only 33 and my guess is he would still be productive for at least three more years. I'm not sure what he would cost but if it were for anything other than a first round pick I would consider him well worth it.

a half eaten bag of cheetos and a susbscription to Esquire magazine.

He wants out of Miami, his head is already in Hollywood. He's like Favre or any older vet, he loves to play, hates the preperation. If we had Miami's Defensive co-ordintaor from lat year, then maybe, as he wouldnt have to learn a new system, but there is no way I would sign Taylor knowing that a certain amount of time in the offseason is dedicated to Dancing with the Stars.

a half eaten bag of cheetos and a susbscription to Esquire magazine.

He wants out of Miami, his head is already in Hollywood. He's like Favre or any older vet, he loves to play, hates the preperation. If we had Miami's Defensive co-ordintaor from lat year, then maybe, as he wouldnt have to learn a new system, but there is no way I would sign Taylor knowing that a certain amount of time in the offseason is dedicated to Dancing with the Stars.

:applause: :laugh:

Deion was 33 but still had 4 picks and a huge punt return against Tampa Bay. We hate Deion for his personality but his play on the field in 2000 was NOT bad. He wasn't the Deion of old but he was still good.

deion was getting burned on a regular basis.

He is most certainly NOT washed up, but yeah he is getting close to retirement. He will be a beast until he quits, unlike Bruce Smith, who was more of a veteran leader at the time he came to the skins. Taylor gets a lot of exposure down here in Miami, he is a great guy, a great player and would be a great addition. He would be the D. Green of the D Line.

I would stay with the draft....meaning, don't give up our picks...be it 2 or however many picks to MIA for Jason Taylor.

I think the number of picks we have in this years draft are more valuable than JT.

BUT

If JT were to show up in the B & G, I wouldn't hate the idea, I'd proably be excited.

Yet, like I said. Save the draft picks

deion was getting burned on a regular basis.

He was burned occasionally but NOT on a regular basis. The Skins Defense was 7th in the NFL in points allowed with 16.8 ppg. Unfortunately, the Offense was attrocious in the red zone and was ranked 24th in points scored at 17.6

The problem acquisition was NOT Bruce Smith or Deion, it was Jeff George.

Jason Taylor would help provide one heck of a pass rush and could do a tremendous job on either DE spot. I would like to for us to get him. As far as developing a DE, I'm sick of waiting for demetric Evans and Ryan Boschetti to develop into something fierce. We need someone like Jason Taylor opposite Andre Carter.

Parcells said that they had no interest in letting him go. Don't think he will.

Either way, he can't have too many good years left, and he's been above average, not great the past couple of years. This guy is not our longterm solution at DE.

Archived