Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Skins to get a third round comp pick for Dockery and a pair of 7th rounders?

ArmchairRedskin

Was cruising CPND and one of the guys brought up a KFFL thread in which we were predicted to get a third rounder

http://www.kffl.com/forums/showthread.php?t=200611&page=6

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

mattwill

Registered User Join Date: Mar 2005

ABryant and mhd24, the Redskins loss of Derrick Dockery is not offset by their signing of London Fletcher because Dockery qualifys for a 3rd Round pick, but Fletcher only a 4th Round pick. According to Adam, offsets can take place in different rounds, but only in a lower round. Therefore the Fletcher signing by the Redskins offsets the Redskins loss of Duckett rather than the loss of Dockery.

Holdman's annual comp is 1.35 million, which is too low to be in the top 34. Then when looking at the players after Chris Draft, the Holdman loss is offset by the Macklin signing, and then the Wright loss is offset by the Stoutmire signing. If you are right that Stoutmire wasn't signed until Week Two, then he falls out of the Comp calculations, but at only $973,000 per year, Wright's contract is simply too low to qualify for a pick.

So bottom-line, the Redskins look like they will get one Comp Pick ... a 3rd Rounder for the loss of Dockery.

This would be great if it does somehow happen.

And then trade down and pick up an additional second rounder and another third (say trade down with the Chiefs for example) and we'd have a potentially great draft class to get a new era started. I would be ecstatic.

If this is true...which I hope it is; (here's where I'll get bombed by certain people about trading away draft picks) could we keep our second and maybe trade our two third rounders for Roy Williams?

I won't bomb you for the trading picks thing, but I will tell you that no, we cannot do that.

Compensatory picks cannot be traded.

If we get another 3rd this will totally offset the loss of the 4th rounder.

There are some good players scheduled to go in the 3rd round such as:

Dre Moore, DT, Maryland

Tony Hills, OT, Texas

Heath Benedict, OT/G, Newberry

Zack Bowman, CB, Nebraska

Chilo Rachal, G, USC

DeJuan Tribble, CB, Boston College

Trae Williams, CB, South Florida

Roy Schuening, G, Oregon State

Archived