Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Skins to get a third round comp pick for Dockery and a pair of 7th rounders?

ArmchairRedskin

I won't bomb you for the trading picks thing, but I will tell you that no, we cannot do that.

Compensatory picks cannot be traded.

3rd is a day 2 pick starting this year

I commend both of you for offering up these corrections in such a "gentle" manner. No attacks, no insults, no problem. Well done.

And I didn't know you couldn't trade comp picks either.

Just wondering I have no knowledge how this all works. Could there be one for the loss of the greatest #21 ever? Or is that not considered a loss to the committee.

Unfortunately I believe that comp. picks are only given for players that leave via Free Agency. Tragedies such as Taylor's death are not covered IIRC.

I heard it's a complex equation that involves

1. How many people did you lose as FA that you drafted?

2. How many people did you gain as FA that you stole from the team that drafted them?

3. How much playing time did they get?

4. What was their salary compared to the league average?

5. Where was the player originally drafted?

Not sure if that's true or not, just what I've heard.

Read the initial post of that thread for the theory of what goes into assigning these picks.

Jason

It would be great for us to get a 3rd rounder but I wonder if combination of resigning Fred Smoot along with the Fletcher Signing negates this.

I thought total value of contracts somehow plays into this.

Smoot or any player that was cut does not count in the equation (ie Patton).

Wow, this would be fantastic if true.

I say, use both picks on some mammoth, mauling linemen. :cheers:

I say we bundle them with our 1st and 2nd rounders and move up and take the number one pick from Miami and draft McFadden!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I say we bundle them with our 1st and 2nd rounders and move up and take the number one pick from Miami and draft McFadden!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why the hell do that when we could find a way to get Peterson instead... I mean if we are going to waste 4 picks on a guy that did the same thing as Reggie Bush in College.... Run really fast and kick ass.

Why the hell do that when we could find a way to get Peterson instead... I mean if we are going to waste 4 picks on a guy that did the same thing as Reggie Bush in College.... Run really fast and kick ass.

I was kidding. I think I should have said Calvin Johnson to make it more obvious though.

Archived