Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Skins to get a third round comp pick for Dockery and a pair of 7th rounders?

ArmchairRedskin

Turbo, I was just using the source material as reference.

I personally do not think we will be awarded any pick. The system was set up to offset a large disparity in talent lost and talent acquired in FA. I dont think such a disparity existed with the Redskins in 2007.

Don't misunderstand, I wasn't dinging your post. I am the one confused. If compensatory picks are made by the league through some type of mathematical formulae, we should already have a conclusive result for the Dockery compensation. If the NFL uses some type of board or committee to decide these picks, who is on it, and what is their criteria? The Wiki article quoted seems to indicate that these picks are arbitrary, and I don't like that. It seems anything arbitrary goes against the Skins. I point to dozens of penalty calls made/not made in favor to the Skins opponents over the last decade or so. Something as important as draft picks should be done by the numbers or not at all.

Here's what Adam said about losses vs signings

http://www.kffl.com/forums/showthread.php?t=200611&page=7

WASHINGTON

Lost – Derrick Dockery, T.J. Duckett, Warrick Holdman, Kenny Wright.

Signed – London Fletcher.

Anyone else who was lost or signed by one of those teams last offseason doesn’t qualify for the equation, for one reason or another.

But, we signed him as a FA. no? Same with London.

This is what he says...

"In order to qualify for the comp equation, a player must have been a true Unrestricted Free Agent whose contract had expired or was voided after the previous season (i.e., he cannot have been released by his old team)"

This is what he says...

"In order to qualify for the comp equation, a player must have been a true Unrestricted Free Agent whose contract had expired or was voided after the previous season (i.e., he cannot have been released by his old team)"

Sweet!

So Smoot wasn't omitted, he was accounted for and didn't qualify. Buford, you're just gonna have to man up and accept that we're getting an extra third round this year! :)

http://redskinsblog.blogspot.com/2008/03/more-draft-picks-for-redskins.html

According to this, someone with knowledge of the formula predicts the skins can get 1 3rd round comp pick and 2 7th rounders. :) Good news if true

I'm a little shocked that Holdman would qualify, since he was on IR the whole season, but I guess the logic is that Holdman got paid anyways. Personally, I don't care much about those 7th round picks, since they are basically a head start on RFA. They aren't really worth that much.

Jason

According to this, someone with knowledge of the formula predicts the skins can get 1 3rd round comp pick and 2 7th rounders. :) Good news if true

Great news.

From what this "niche expert" Adam is saying we're going to get pickS and more than likely they're going to be from day 1 AND 2. A third rounder would be sweet but I'll take a fourth. Day two picks are gambles regardless but the more picks the better.

Again, great news!:cheers:

Tandler is quoting the same guy that the OP refers to as the accurate predictor. I swear the press gets half their stuff from reading this board.

Tandler is quoting the same guy that the OP refers to as the accurate predictor. I swear the press gets half their stuff from reading this board.

Actually, the guy who posted before was a new guy trying his hand at it. The guy above is the guy who's pretty good at picking them. He definitely thinks we have a 3rd in the bag.

Jason

Actually, the guy who posted before was a new guy trying his hand at it. The guy above is the guy who's pretty good at picking them. He definitely thinks we have a 3rd in the bag.

Jason

He does sound confident.

"Using this formula, I was able to reconstruct the exact order of the comp picks that had been awarded in 2006 and 2007. I don’t know if I have the factors weighted correctly, but I’m sure it’s more accurate than simply taking educated guesses to determine player’s values, as I always had done in the past. If I can get the order of the picks correct for whichever picks I have in the correct round or off by one, then that would suggest that I have the weights about right."

I like his odds.

Jason

??? Now you are confusing me. The OP here linked a KFFL forum post started by AdamJT13. He demonstrated a pretty good record with past picks. Tandler referred to his source as Adam, also reported to be pretty accurate over the last few years. Are you saying it is a different Adam?

I was just about to post the same thing http://realredskins.com/2008/03/04/more-draft-picks-for-the-redskins.aspx

seems we will have 9 picks this year :D :applause:

I'm a little shocked that Holdman would qualify, since he was on IR the whole season, but I guess the logic is that Holdman got paid anyways. Personally, I don't care much about those 7th round picks, since they are basically a head start on RFA. They aren't really worth that much.

Jason

You never know what gems you will find there. Hey, I will take 'em. :cool:

That 3rd round pick looks great from here...

??? Now you are confusing me. The OP here linked a KFFL forum post started by AdamJT13. He demonstrated a pretty good record with past picks. Tandler referred to his source as Adam, also reported to be pretty accurate over the last few years. Are you saying it is a different Adam?

Actually, the OP linked into his thread from last year, where someone posted their thoughts about this year's draft. AdamJT13 has since posted a new thread with his own thoughts. (My link above) The other guy had just a 3rd, while AdamJT13 came up with the 3rd and two 7ths.

Jason

Archived