Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Skins to get a third round comp pick for Dockery and a pair of 7th rounders?

ArmchairRedskin

This is really huge in my opinion. This even may enable to move down from the 21 slot to add more picks.

Well theres not much farther to move down,so unless some team is offering a 1st or 2nd rounder from the 09 draft then I don't see why we should move down any further.....

Well theres not much farther to move down,so unless some team is offering a 1st or 2nd rounder from the 09 draft then I don't see why we should move down any further.....

Looking at the lack of progress through FA, i defintely believe with Campbell running the Scout teams, and he producing all the best picks that we have had recently has saw alot of players to his likely.

If we get another 3rd this will totally offset the loss of the 4th rounder.

There are some good players scheduled to go in the 3rd round such as:

Dre Moore, DT, Maryland

Tony Hills, OT, Texas

Heath Benedict, OT/G, Newberry

Zack Bowman, CB, Nebraska

Chilo Rachal, G, USC

DeJuan Tribble, CB, Boston College

Trae Williams, CB, South Florida

Roy Schuening, G, Oregon State

I'd love to have Dre More and Roy Schuening in the 3rd if this happens.

Note that this is not Adam doing it, but another guy. I'll wait until Adam chimes in before celebrating.

But, I figured if we did qualify (and I've believed for a while that we would) that we would get a high pick because of the large contract Dock signed.

Jason

He may have shot up with his senior year, but most mocks that I've seen have him as a bubble 4/5th rounder. Hopefully he could be a sleeper.

Exactly why the Skins should grab him with the extra 3rd they get (if true).

Skins don't have a 4th:paranoid:.

Did we lose more people to free agency (not including releases) last year than we gained? I believe that's what is necessary to be eligible for compensatory picks ... and then you are assigned a draft choice for players that are based on some committee's evaluation. I don't know the details of our eligibility but judging from the past a pick at the end of the third round would be pretty generous for losing a guard to free agency. Hope we're fortunate enough to get one..

I heard it's a complex equation that involves

1. How many people did you lose as FA that you drafted?

2. How many people did you gain as FA that you stole from the team that drafted them?

3. How much playing time did they get?

4. What was their salary compared to the league average?

5. Where was the player originally drafted?

Not sure if that's true or not, just what I've heard.

If this is true...which I hope it is; (here's where I'll get bombed by certain people about trading away draft picks) could we keep our second and maybe trade our two third rounders for Roy Williams?

What part of the Lions wanting at least a first rounder for Roy Williams dont you understand?

Archived