Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What is the most you've won on a scratch off lottery ticket?

d0ublestr0ker0ll

My significant other is addicted to them. We (she) bought 6 $1 cards tonight, and won nothing.

The most I ever won was $50 off a $1 scratcher as a little tike when my dad got one for me. But lately it's been the normal 'ole $1 to the occasional $5.

I tell her to stick to stocking up on $1 cards as opposed to getting hire priced ones. If the average winning scratcher is 4 to 1, it makes sense to save money and increase your chances of winning. Most of the time you win your money back anyway.

Funny you started this thread, I was just ****ing about scratch-off tickets. I've bought a few here and there, the most I've ever won was $10. I am unlucky to the point of it being a statistical oddity. I can buy 8 tickets that have a 1:4 odds of winning and not win a damn thing. It's become almost humorous now and I buy them just to keep the streak alive. Right now I'm up to 17 consecutive tickets without winning anything.

I actually think I should win something based on futility.

Oh yeah, and let me tell ya about my mom. She can buy 2 tickets all year and win hundreds of dollars. Around Thanksgiving she buys one ticket, wins $500. When she cashes it in, she buys another one....and wins $500. :laugh: :laugh:

Funny you started this thread, I was just ****ing about scratch-off tickets. I've bought a few here and there, the most I've ever won was $10. I am unlucky to the point of it being a statistical oddity. I can buy 8 tickets that have a 1:4 odds of winning and not win a damn thing. It's become almost humorous now and I buy them just to keep the streak alive. Right now I'm up to 17 consecutive tickets without winning anything.

I actually think I should win something based on futility.

It killed me last week, we go in to the beer store and up on the wall they pinned up about 100 winning tickets that had winnings over $100, each of them. I was like why the hell can't I get $10 man??? We've had a lot of luck with the $1 "Silver & Gold" tickets, some of them even win twice on the same card. This was the first night we bought as many as 4 and lost. We bought some other crap and lost too.

The worst thing about it, is the cards tease you to the very edge of winning all the time. The crossword and bingo games will always leave you a tiny bit from winning big. The psychological warfare is over, never buying those again.

$250 once, $100 about 7 or 8 times, and $20/$25/$50 countless times. I am an addict as well.

I can honestly tell you from experience, $1 scratchers are useless if you're trying to win anything worth a damn. Every $20+ winner I ever had was on a $5 or $10 ticket, outside of winning $35 on a $2 one time.

God, can I hang out around you? :laugh:

oh thats not even the half of it.

i shoot pool in a leauge with a guy who won 100 grand about 7 years ago and i used to work with (notice i said used too) a guy who won 19.8 million in the lottery.

he never played the lottery but the cashier talked him into it.

']I've hit for $2' date='500 once, $1,000 once, and $500 a few times. But I play a lot. Or at least I used to. I've tried cutting down. I also won $800 on take five last week.[/quote']

My brother is like that,he has good luck but also buys a ton of tickets.

My best is $15,which I promptly lost buying more cards...not my thing at all,I've wasted about $50 on them total.

Blackjack is another matter. :D

A few years back when I was living in Boston my brother came to visit from Nashville, which at the time had no lottery, He bought 2 and won 100 bucks on a dollar scratch ticket and 2 bucks from the other. Later that same day I bought 2 tickets and won 50 on one ticket 20 one the other.

To me scratch tickets are like playing the slots, which I only do it I have a few dollar bills in my pocket.

Archived