Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

American Idol: 2008

Skins247

How is American Idol still relevant in our society?

Are you serious? The rags-to-riches story has long been a staple of American society. David Cook was a bartender from Misery, as I like to call it, and showed up at the audition to support his brother. He ended up with his own audition and the rest is history. You can't make up stuff that good.

Fantasia was a single parent struggling to make ends meet. Look at her now.

Yes, viewership is down this year but it's because of the format, not because people aren't anxious to see who will beat 100,000 to 1 odds.

I'd go for that in the sense that instead of picking "winning" songs, he chose what he liked and what he wanted to do.

Aren't the songs picked for them? If that's the case, it makes it easy for that tart Simon to scuttle the efforts of any number of contestants.

Are you serious? The rags-to-riches story has long been a staple of American society. David Cook was a bartender from Misery, as I like to call it, and showed up at the audition to support his brother. He ended up with his own audition and the rest is history. You can't make up stuff that good.

Fantasia was a single parent struggling to make ends meet. Look at her now.

Yes, viewership is down this year but it's because of the format, not because people aren't anxious to see who will beat 100,000 to 1 odds.

I more than certain that a lot of the stuff you see there is fabricated or edited to make it more "TV worthy". They are trying to sell a rags to riches story, so that is exactly how they make it look.

I don't see how any could enjoy that wretched rendition of Imagine. Sure the kid can sing but he shows zero emotion unless you consider that "I think I just sharted" look on his face whenever the judges are blowing him.

Hilarious post.

I hate those stupid ****ing facial expressions he makes when the judges are talking to him. It makes me want to throw a brick at his face.

Aren't the songs picked for them? If that's the case, it makes it easy for that tart Simon to scuttle the efforts of any number of contestants.

The first one was. The second he had a choice from different songwriter contest entries, and the third was his choice entirely.

I more than certain that a lot of the stuff you see there is fabricated or edited to make it more "TV worthy". They are trying to sell a rags to riches story, so that is exactly how they make it look.

In this day and age, I doubt they could get away with fabrication. It's just too easy to find stuff out. I AM certain there is some embellishment going on, though. It IS TV after all.

Not every story is rags-to-riches. In those situations, the producers attempt to make them look like ordinary people capable of extraordinary things.

It kinda reminds me of the Duke Brothers in Trading Places, taking Eddie Murphy and making a huge success out of him.

She just finished The Color Purple on Broadway

I guess it's better than the Apple Blossom Festival.

It just seems Kelly Clarkson is the only show winner to actually have a career selling substantial amounts of records. Fantasia's voice is about as pleasant to the ears as a jackhammer would be to my scrotum.

I guess it's better than the Apple Blossom Festival.

It just seems Kelly Clarkson is the only show winner to actually have a career selling substantial amounts of records. Fantasia's voice is about as pleasant to the ears as a jackhammer would be to my scrotum.

Carrie Underwood has done extremely well also I believe. But I agree, that performance by Fantasia a couple of weeks ago was the first time I'd ever heard her and she was terrible! :doh:

Archived