Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

American Idol: 2008

Skins247

And your comment on 12 million can't be wrong. We don't know if those 12 were 12 yr old jr high girls. Who IMO have not taste in music yet. My feeling is that jr high girls picked the Idol winner.

A) That's a big section of the target audience, so that's just fine and B) if that were the case, the little dude would have won. He was very popular with the young crowd.

AI is genius for this reason: the let America choose the winner. So, the same 12-year old girls who will be downloading songs from ITunes or buying CDs are the ones choosing who gets a record contract. See how that works? It's better than just letting judges pick a winner who might be unpopular with the public.

Congrats to David Cook. He had me at hello when he sang Lionel Richie's "Hello" earlier in the season. I watched the finale at a friend's and we screamed like a bunch of high school girls when Cook's name was announced. We had a feeling that Archie would take it, but was very surprised to hear David C. was announced the American Idol!! I know some of you might have thought the finale was boring but I liked some of the 80's singers that sang especially Bryan Adams (I was a huge fan in the 80's). Although was not digging George Michael's performance..practically put me to sleep.:laugh:

Anyways...congrats to DC again & I can't wait until Cook makes an album.:cheers:

IMO:

The best man won!! :cheers:

It's all a matter of taste.

Who's record/CD/album would you buy/download? There is not one itune that I downloaded of DA's yet I downloaded almost all of DC's. That's why I voted for DC. DA has a beautiful voice....and gave me chills many times.....he is great...

just not something I would download for my ipod.

Talk about screaming highschoolers.....DA has millions of them, and I think he was the Sanjaya of this group this time except the opposite because he was totally talented.

Yes I feel DA did better DC in the showdown, but DC shows versatility that DA just cannot do. In the duet they sang last night, it was DC's unique and awesome voice you heard over DA's soothing voice. DC has a beautiful voice as well. They are both fantastic singers and will both be successful, and they were definitely the top two. If my guy didn't win, I would not have been unhappy in the least if DA took the title, because he was the next one who deserved it.

:2cents:

Archived