Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Sad....but maybe?

kiingspadee

THAT HAS ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO DO WITH IT!

Cowboys been playing on T-Day LONGER than you've been alive. As for the so-called special treatement, they are AMERICA'S TEAM. The Cowboys are the biggest draw whether you like it and want to admit it or not.

:laugh: ALL CAPS MEAN THAT I AM SERIOUS.....DUUHHHH

Gotta let the formal ST stuff go.....

The saddest part of death is that it is so final. It's over. Life goes on. As an organization the Redskins honored their teammate/friend perfectly. The things they did and they way they played was a great way to honor and remember ST.

But time marches on....

At this point, I do not think the organization or the NFL should be making any formal gestures to honor Sean Taylor.

As a matter of fact, I would not have any decals, patches, etc... on the uniforms next year. No video highlights, etc.... I would certainly keep his name in the Ring of Honor and maybe do a one-time halftime ceremony officially inducting him w/ his family present. But that is it.

It sucks, but you gotta let go.

Well Sean Taylor's anniversary falls on Thanksgiving this year. (thanksgiving is the last thursday in November right).

Not important but Thanksgiving is the 4th Thursday in November. That day is usually also the last Thursday, but not always.

As far as Dallas and Detroit always playing on Thanksgiving, I see it as a distinct advantage over other teams in that it gives them 10 days to prepare and rest for their next games. There is no disadvantage to playing that game since the team they're playing has a short preparation week. But I'm willing to bet that the winning percentage of the game following the at home Thanksgiving contest outweighs their winning percentage otherwise. And I hate it that the Cowpokes should have any advantage when playing NFC East rivals.

I like having two Thanksgiving day games, but why not alternate the games among the teams? I mean, who really wants to see Detroit anyway?

I agree. Why should 2 teams ALWAYS get this advantage. I am not tryin to "milk" Sean Taylor's death. I am sorry I thought it would be fun to see my fav. team play on Thanksgiving. One thing I am thankful for is the memories of Sean Taylor that I will always have. But hey I am sorry that is milking his death. I'd rather watch Redskins on Thanksgiving than the Cowboys.

Gotta let the formal ST stuff go.....

The saddest part of death is that it is so final. It's over. Life goes on. As an organization the Redskins honored their teammate/friend perfectly. The things they did and they way they played was a great way to honor and remember ST.

But time marches on....

At this point, I do not think the organization or the NFL should be making any formal gestures to honor Sean Taylor.

As a matter of fact, I would not have any decals, patches, etc... on the uniforms next year. No video highlights, etc.... I would certainly keep his name in the Ring of Honor and maybe do a one-time halftime ceremony officially inducting him w/ his family present. But that is it.

It sucks, but you gotta let go.

I agree 100% with your post :cheers:

here we go again...lol...man let this guy rest in peace,,yes,,playing on thANKSGIVING WOULD BE A NICE JESTER,,BUT THIS IS THE NFL...LET'S NOT HAVE THE YEAR LONG CELEBRATIONS LIKE DISNEYLAND...C'MON GIVE ME A BREAK PPL:doh:

Well Sean Taylor's anniversary falls on Thanksgiving this year. (thanksgiving is the last thursday in November right) So do you think we should have us a home game that day? I think it would be an honor for it to be Thanksgiving say play the Cowboys on Thanksgiving on Sean Taylor's anniversary. What do you guys think?

I mean Cowboys would be in a very hostile territory. Having to be in FedEx Field with our fans all ready to show support to Redskins on Thanksgiving and giving thanks to Sean Taylor for the memories. I think that would be amazing really.

Cowboys will be shaking in their boots! Only thing that would make it better would be at RFK because we could make that place SHAKE!!!

And you know Sean Taylor will be looking down at us and be our 21 man!

Be time for a change. No rule in the NFL says Dallas should play a home every Thanksgiving. They havent won any playoff games in 12 years and havent won any Super Bowls lately so why the special treatment for them? Kinda bias if you ask me.

The reason is pretty simple.

Ironically enough, every other team besides Detroit and Dallas scoffed when they were asked if they'd like to play on the Thanksgiving. That's why Detroit and Dallas get it, because they said YES when asked.

Be time for a change. No rule in the NFL says Dallas should play a home every Thanksgiving. They havent won any playoff games in 12 years and havent won any Super Bowls lately so why the special treatment for them? Kinda bias if you ask me.

Yeah, but they still play the same amount of home games and away games, its not like they have an advantage. Detroit and Dallas always get home games on Thanksgiving.

. (thanksgiving is the last thursday in November right)

Technically, no. Thanksgiving is the 4th Thursday in November. This is usually the last but in 2007 it was not. As far as playing the Thanksgiving game it would be great if we won, but nothing is worse than losing to the Cowboys on Thanksgiving, well maybe losing to the Cowboys on Christmas.

A loss would be awful, national game, thanksgiving, Cowboys. Throw Sean's death on top of that and it could be an awful day.

On the tributes to ST: I will miss watching Sean Taylor play. But I agree that there comes a time to let the living go on with their lives. For the very close friends he had and his family, that time will be longer. But for those of us who only knew him as a great football player, and not as a friend, father, husband or son, every 21 we see does not have to be another tribute. It is time to move forward for the rest of us. If you were that close to Sean personally, grieve until the time is right for you.

On whether having a Thanksgiving home game every year is an advantage: Let's see.

1. The team traveling to Dallas has to spend that extra day in traveling, so they get 3 days to prepare for Dallas as compared to 4 for the Pukes.

2. Dallas has 10 days to prepare for their game after the Thanksgiving game or they get an extra 3 days of rest 11 or 12 weeks into the season

3. That extra 3 days of rest is not as good as an extra bye week, but it's close. Only a blind and dumb Cowpoke fan would refuse to admit that it's not a major advantage.

4. Monday night games have already been shown to have an adverse affect on any team's performance in the following week. Wouldn't the extra 3 days rest have the opposite, positive affect?

5. To quote www.despair.com, "Just because you've always done it that way, doesn't mean it's not incredibly stupid."

It's time to alternate the Thanksgiving games and spread that advantage. Show me someone besides Detroit and Dallas on Thanksgiving day. If it's not an advantage then Dallas shouldn't complain about playing the Skins the week after the Skins get a Thanksgiving home game against the Giants.

We need to move on. We don't need to recognize all of these dates and numbers to remember Sean. He made enough of an impression without all of this other stuff. 2007 was about honoring ST, 2008 is about moving forward.

I agree. We all loved Sean as a player, but he's gone. Time to stop with all these threads and move on. $5 bucks says the 21 will be gone off the helmets. I think it's time to move on and stop with all the honoring. We've done enough.

Archived