Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Sad....but maybe?

kiingspadee

Well Sean Taylor's anniversary falls on Thanksgiving this year. (thanksgiving is the last thursday in November right) So do you think we should have us a home game that day? I think it would be an honor for it to be Thanksgiving say play the Cowboys on Thanksgiving on Sean Taylor's anniversary. What do you guys think?

I mean Cowboys would be in a very hostile territory. Having to be in FedEx Field with our fans all ready to show support to Redskins on Thanksgiving and giving thanks to Sean Taylor for the memories. I think that would be amazing really.

Cowboys will be shaking in their boots! Only thing that would make it better would be at RFK because we could make that place SHAKE!!!

And you know Sean Taylor will be looking down at us and be our 21 man!

We need to move on. We don't need to recognize all of these dates and numbers to remember Sean. He made enough of an impression without all of this other stuff. 2007 was about honoring ST, 2008 is about moving forward.

Yes, and I think most would rather not remember the anniversary of his death. His name will remain up in our stadium and I'm sure his number won't be worn by a player on our team again for a very long time, if ever. - Remember his life instead.

Guys you need to move forward. It's like some of you break down and cry at 5:21, 6:21, the 21st of January, and probably heading for a cry on February 21st. Sean is gone, but his memory lives on. Treasure that in your own PERSONAL way, but the time for mourning is over unless you are of his immediate family or close friends.

Guys you need to move forward. It's like some of you break down and cry at 5:21, 6:21, the 21st of January, and probably heading for a cry on February 21st. Sean is gone, but his memory lives on. Treasure that in your own PERSONAL way, but the time for mourning is over unless you are of his immediate family or close friends.

couldnt have said it better

Well Sean Taylor's anniversary falls on Thanksgiving this year. (thanksgiving is the last thursday in November right) So do you think we should have us a home game that day? I think it would be an honor for it to be Thanksgiving say play the Cowboys on Thanksgiving on Sean Taylor's anniversary. What do you guys think?

I mean Cowboys would be in a very hostile territory. Having to be in FedEx Field with our fans all ready to show support to Redskins on Thanksgiving and giving thanks to Sean Taylor for the memories. I think that would be amazing really.

Cowboys will be shaking in their boots! Only thing that would make it better would be at RFK because we could make that place SHAKE!!!

And you know Sean Taylor will be looking down at us and be our 21 man!

Shaking in their boots? You guys are shameless. You guys are going to try and milk Taylor's death for all that it's worth. You did it this year, but unfortuantely it won't carry into next year. A thing called TIME eases all of that.

Be time for a change. No rule in the NFL says Dallas should play a home every Thanksgiving. They havent won any playoff games in 12 years and havent won any Super Bowls lately so why the special treatment for them? Kinda bias if you ask me.

THAT HAS ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO DO WITH IT!

Cowboys been playing on T-Day LONGER than you've been alive. As for the so-called special treatement, they are AMERICA'S TEAM. The Cowboys are the biggest draw whether you like it and want to admit it or not.

I agree with Troy Aikman on this one. He said this gives Dallas an unfair advantage year in and year out. Some may ask, "How is a Thanksgiving game an unfair advantage for the Cowboys?"

It's a short week to prepare for both teams, which is fair, but the visiting team loses an additional day for travelling to Dallas. And since the networks like a good game, they usually schedule one of Dallas' tougher opponents, which I think is another advantage for Dallas. This is always a built-in way for Dallas to stay one leg up on the rest of their NFC East rivals.

THAT HAS ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO DO WITH IT!

Cowboys been playing on T-Day LONGER than you've been alive. As for the so-called special treatement, they are AMERICA'S TEAM. The Cowboys are the biggest draw whether you like it and want to admit it or not.

I dont agree with the Skins getting the game on Thanksgiving day. I am glad the Cowboys play on Thanksgiving day because I am going to watch football with my family. I love rooting for the Pukes to lose.

But let's get this straight. This America's Team crap is ridiculous. You got the term in the 70's because you won some Super Bowls. The term gets passed around like hotcakes. The fact that one team gets called that is ridiculous. The only teams that should get that name are the ones with USA printed on their Jersey!!

Be time for a change. No rule in the NFL says Dallas should play a home every Thanksgiving. They havent won any playoff games in 12 years and havent won any Super Bowls lately so why the special treatment for them? Kinda bias if you ask me.

Dallas and Detroit originally made the deal amongst themselves, the league and the broadcasters to have football on thanksgivig, so they will allways play.

http://www.detroitlions.com/document_display.cfm?cont_id=147421

As for the so-called special treatement, they are AMERICA'S TEAM. The Cowboys are the biggest draw whether you like it and want to admit it or not.

:rotflmao:

If America actually had a team, it sure wouldn't be a team that hasn't even won a playoff game in over a decade, like the Chokeboys.

:dallasuck

Insane Boost........Your comment was insensitve and classless to say the least...While you may not agree with the OP's idea, there is nothing wrong with honoring the death of someone until you yourself go to the grave....I never forget those that have gone before me and keep their memories alive with various tributes....As one who was fortunate enough to meet Sean, I will do the same with him......

Archived