Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Is Bryant HOF Eligible???

WashingtonFederals

...and I don't think he every played with Riggs and Byner.

He did for 2 seasons (1 really). He missed the entire 1989 season due to an offseason car accident injury. He did play a very limited role during the 1990 season, but he was clearly no longer high up the Skins food chain as Byner and Riggs got most of the work.

Kelvin was a hell of a back in the USFL and I was really excited when we got him in 86. I remember when he was freed from his USFL contract during training camp and the day the Skins finally signed him, I called my friend and went out and bought tickets to the preseason game against Atlanta just to see Kelvin play.

He was never able to stay healthy. When he got his shot to be the prime ball carrier in 88 (after Timmy Smith got in Gibbs' doghouse) Kelvin was amazing. He had a 4 or 5 game run in 88 where he was not only running for nearly 100 yards a game but also catching passes for 70 or 80 a game. Then of course he suffers yet another injury and I guess that was the final straw. Next offseason brought us Byner and Riggs.

I do rememer seeing him play in the VERY LAST USFL game...

The Championship game in 1985, at Giants stadium...

He won MVP...

Gibbs may have said he was smart, but I remember teasing him, because his mic skills were horrible, he talked like he was always sleepy...

I hate to say it, but for a time, he was way better than Herschel Walker...

Kelvin was a hell of a back in the USFL and I was really excited when we got him in 86. I remember when he was freed from his USFL contract during training camp and the day the Skins finally signed him, I called my friend and went out and bought tickets to the preseason game against Atlanta just to see Kelvin play.

By freed from his USFL contract, you mean when the NFL freed the USFL from existance.

The only HOF Kelvin Bryant will ever see is the UNC Football HOF. I loved him as a player but I can remember him missing a block in Super Bowl XXII that got Jay Schroeder sacked. It was probably just as well. Doug Williams came back in and got us 35 in a row. ;)

Despite an great USFL Career I don’t think he did enough in the NFL to get him in the Hall of Fame.

Unlike with Warren Moon did awesome in the CFL and had a good NFL Career that was enough to get him in the Hall of Fame.

bryant2.jpg

I think that is a Washington Federals Player on the left side of the picture. :silly:

By freed from his USFL contract, you mean when the

NFL freed the USFL from existance.

That stung...:(

For the record, blame Donald Trump, for those of you who hate Pro/College hoops, and Hockey...

Trump swayed the other USFL owners to switch to a "Fall" schedule, thinking he would force a merger...

If not for that idiocy, I'd be at a Generals game, this Sunday...

Also, it's the PRO FOOTBALL Hall Of Fame...

So, CFL, USFL, and WFL stats should be included...

I'm on the fence about the XFL, I guess if Tommy Maddox needs to pad his stats....

Archived