Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Big Snows late next week?

Ji

']I went to bed with predictions of possibly 1-3' date=' maybe 2-4 inches. Now I wake up and they are saying 5-10. The Winter Weather Advisories went to Winter Storm Warnings. Heavier bands of snows developed a lot faster than they thought. There is already about 5 inches on the ground with more to come!!

Of course, this had to happen during a vacation.[/quote']

Tom, same here in South Jersey. Went from the advisory to a Winter Storm Warning. The snow is really coming down. We have several inches too and expecting more - may not end until sometime tomorrow.

Nice to get the day off and have it happen on a Friday. Going to do the hibernating thing this weekend.

We got absolutely nothing. Not even rain.

Really...how can the weather folk **** up this bad?? It is one thing to say it will snow and then have it rain, but to say we will get snow, then ice, then freezing rain, then rain...and THEN not have one SINGLE drop of precipitation fall from the sky???

It's funny there was a comment about pissed off parents for schools closing. There were people pissed off around here for schools NOT closing! Everyone expected the 3 day weekend...what a kick in the beanbag.

This has been a god awful year for snow in the northeast corridor but we still have chances on the 26-27th possibly and in the very long range March 3rd-4th so winter ain't over yet.

Yes .. Winter is over after the first of March.

Lacrosse season starts on the first :mad:

What an absolute letdown this storm was, its doing absolutely nothing. I cant believe they hyped up this storm and it was such a bust. I give up on winter.... It seems every year that it snows less and less in the area. Oh well maybe next year..

I'm from the area, and as a child, I can remember 3 to 4 good snows a year. We've only had 3 decent little 3 to 6 inchers in the last 5 years. It's very odd.

I'm from the area, and as a child, I can remember 3 to 4 good snows a year. We've only had 3 decent little 3 to 6 inchers in the last 5 years. It's very odd.

More than that

1) We had a major storm in February 2006 that gave the area 10-14 inches of snow

2) We had a storm this year, a clipper that gave the area 4-5 inches

3) The President's Day Storm of 2003

4) We had a storm around this time last year that dropped about 4 inches then changed to heavy ice

5) In 2003 we missed 9 days of school; 5 from the President's Day Storm II; 2 from the one on my birthday in December and 2 separate others so that's two more right there; a day each.

It's just this winter has been a joke and last winter wasn't great either.

But yes the last good storm we had was February 2006 (NESIS 3)

Guest ComebackKing
More than that

1) We had a major storm in February 2006 that gave the area 10-14 inches of snow

2) We had a storm this year, a clipper that gave the area 4-5 inches

3) The President's Day Storm of 2003

4) We had a storm around this time last year that dropped about 4 inches then changed to heavy ice

5) In 2003 we missed 9 days of school; 5 from the President's Day Storm II; 2 from the one on my birthday in December and 2 separate others so that's two more right there; a day each.

It's just this winter has been a joke and last winter wasn't great either.

But yes the last good storm we had was February 2006 (NESIS 3)

I remember most totals from my area and I'm pretty positive we haven't hit a double digit snowfall since 2003. Also the clipper in early December was 3 inches tops for us. I'm wondering if there's any sites or anything with snowfall/storm history? Because I'm going off memory here and might be wrong but I tend to remember most significant storms.

But I agree we haven't had much of anything good the past 2 years. That heavy ice storm last year was crazy though I remember walking on solid ice in my front yard like 4 inches off the ground not leaving any footprints. Twas crazy.

Where all the weather guys at?

Is there still any chance of any "Winter Weather" in the near future? After last weeks huge let down, it seems like this winter will come and go without any real amount of snowfall to play around in.

Are any of the models showing anything interesting in the next week or so?

I remember most totals from my area and I'm pretty positive we haven't hit a double digit snowfall since 2003. Also the clipper in early December was 3 inches tops for us. I'm wondering if there's any sites or anything with snowfall/storm history? Because I'm going off memory here and might be wrong but I tend to remember most significant storms.

But I agree we haven't had much of anything good the past 2 years. That heavy ice storm last year was crazy though I remember walking on solid ice in my front yard like 4 inches off the ground not leaving any footprints. Twas crazy.

It was but the Ice Storm of 1999 was 10X worse; that one was brutal; and the February 2006 storm was a major east coast storm; Fairfax recorded 13 inches so yes we've had double digit snow since 2003.

There's still a couple more chances in early March.

Winter is NOT over yet. There might be a surprise in the first week of March.

Yeah, I seen the models, predicting a huge store, but I have a feeling its just going to be too warm for us and once again we get rain. The Mid Atlantic states are no longer snow states. I remember in the early 80s and a bit of the late 70s that we would get the bigs snow and the rain snow line was down on the NC/VA line, now that line has moved up.

Yeah, I seen the models, predicting a huge store, but I have a feeling its just going to be too warm for us and once again we get rain. The Mid Atlantic states are no longer snow states. I remember in the early 80s and a bit of the late 70s that we would get the bigs snow and the rain snow line was down on the NC/VA line, now that line has moved up.

Ehh, forget the models this year; they have predicted a huge storm all winter only to end up as a Great Lakes cutter; I'm just hoping we get one.

Archived