Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Big Snows late next week?

Ji

I have all but given up on winter but I am seeing some promising things for late next week into next weekend that could give us alot of snow/ice. Mainly, I am seeing a big arctic high that is forecasted to be in an ideal position to funnel cold(wedge) with a series of waves providing wintry weather. This is going to be the most ideal setup of the year if it pans out like I think

Still looking good....

NWS:

Colder air will continue streaming into the region from the northwest for much of

next week. A stalled front will keep conditions unsettled for the

latter half of the week......

Latest GFS has winter precip for us from Thurs. all the way to Sat. with that stalled front...

Sack, what the hell is with the idiot in your sig? He breaths fire fir crying out loud! Didn't anyone ever tell him you're supposed to extinguish the flame first. Please tell me thats fake.:doh:

More on topic...Bring on the snow!!! although, here in SE VA, were going to get nothing but rain.:(

Fine then. Accuweather says the same thing. Maybe a mix Thursday and Friday nights.

It's weather sites in general. Models change the temps almost every run so it might say 40's now but it'll say 30's by Tuesday. We know this so that's why the Mid-Atlantic may see significant snow Thursday and Friday.

Sack, what the hell is with the idiot in your sig? He breaths fire fir crying out loud! Didn't anyone ever tell him you're supposed to extinguish the flame first. Please tell me thats fake.:doh:

More on topic...Bring on the snow!!! although, here in SE VA, were going to get nothing but rain.:(

it's real.

models have trended much wetter over night...it looks like we say see a major winter storm this weekend although i think it will not all be snow. Probably snow then ice but our biggest storm of the season most likely. Its weird as all the models lost it yesterday and they all brought it back at midnight.

Archived