Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Officer suspended after video shows him berating teen

EvoSkins

I heard about this on Mickey, Amelia, and Speigel this morning. The officer did push it a little far but the kid needs to learn some respect.

Inner Harbor incident hits Internet

Officer suspended after video shows him berating teen

By Annie Linskey and Gus G. Sentementes

Sun reporters

February 12, 2008

A Baltimore police officer was suspended yesterday after a YouTube video surfaced on the Internet showing him berating and manhandling a teenage skateboarder at the Inner Harbor.

On the video, the officer, Salvatore Rivieri, puts the boy in a headlock, pushes him to the ground, questions his upbringing, threatens to "smack" him and repeatedly accuses the youngster of showing disrespect because the youth refers to the officer as "man" and "dude."

click link for more

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/local/baltimore_city/bal-te.md.officer12feb12,0,2252685.story

Here is the video

I heard about this on Mickey, Amelia, and Speigel this morning. The officer did push it a little far but the kid needs to learn some respect.

What an a-hole. The kid did nothing wrong he was skateboarding FFS. This guy needs to lose his badge.

While he took the time to berate this kid because of the way he speaks, there were probably 50 heroin deals, and 25 gun shots with in 10 blocks.

The only mistake the kids made was to skateboard in a tourist area. While I understand why, skateboarding shouldn't be considered a crime. I grew up skateboarding, I got kicked off of many properties and thought it was fun to giggle at the "rent a cops".

The way I see it, while me and my buddies were skateboarding, there were 10 other kids in our area who were smoking pot, drinking beer and cruising around.

Which one is actually worse?

And tell me how that idiot deserves respect. :doh:

Instead of the kid seeing Police Officers in a positive light, all three of them are going to always think they are a holes like this guy.

I didn't know showing "respect" was a law. I love the part about how he tells the kid with the camera, "I better not see myself on youtube". If I was the kids parents I would have posted it on youtube for them as soon as I heard him say that.

The way I see it, while me and my buddies were skateboarding, there were 10 other kids in our area who were smoking pot, drinking beer and cruising around.

Which one is actually worse?

If you followed the rules and didn't skateboard where you weren't allowed, then cops would've been able to go after bigger crimes.

But they're stuck having to chase around kids on skateboards.

Its aight, I did it too... :)

Instead of the kid seeing Police Officers in a positive light, all three of them are going to always think they are a holes like this guy.

I didn't know showing "respect" was a law. I love the part about how he tells the kid with the camera, "I better not see myself on youtube". If I was the kids parents I would have posted it on youtube for them as soon as I heard him say that.

It doesn't look like the kids ever showed their parents because no complaints were ever filed according to the article. The police officer would probably beat an infant to death if it didn't stop crying. :rolleyes:

It doesn't look like the kids ever showed their parents because no complaints were ever filed according to the article. The police officer would probably beat an infant to death if it didn't stop crying. :rolleyes:

I would file a law suit instantly if I was the kids parents. This guy had no right touching the kid, he even said he couldn't hear because he was wearing a head set.

I'm kinda mixed on this. The cop kept telling the kids to not call him dude or bro, so you have to believe that they aren't the smartest kids around. HOWEVER, the officer shouldn't have thrown the kid to the ground to get the skateboard, that is the only thing I have a real problem with in the video.

Also, when the cop asked him if the headphones had been on and the kid said yes, the cop shouldn't have ****ed at him for getting defensive. The word YES is not defensive and it seems that the cop just wanted to stroke his own ego.

If you followed the rules and didn't skateboard where you weren't allowed, then cops would've been able to go after bigger crimes.

But they're stuck having to chase around kids on skateboards.

Its aight, I did it too... :)

Until recently there were not parks available for kids and adults too skateboard. In the evening, unless we put lights on our ramp, parking lots were the only option available. While I agree with you, there are alternative, I also disagree, all he is doing is skateboarding. I have seen people riding bikes in that same area on several occasions.

Archived