Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Poll: Would you trade a first rounder for Ocho Cinco?

WizSkinsO's

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

Title says all. Let's let our voice be heard; we ARE the Skins fanbase, so let's hear, officially, what we have to say. If the only way to get Chad Johnson is by trading the 21st overall pick in the NFL draft (and potentially something "minor" like a 3rd rounder or Betts), would you do it?

I still am having a hard time figuring out why everybody here is in love with this guy?

Around 90 catches and 1300 yards for the last 6 or 7 years will do that for you. People point to the fact that he's a talker, but he actually enjoys the game and isn't the same kind of problem child that is a Terrell Owens, Brandon Lloyd, or Randy Moss used to be.

As for me, I'd trade the first rounder for him since it is the 21st pick. If it was a top 15 pick, I'd have a hard time with it. However, a lower level first rounder is definitely good value for a 1400 yard receiver in his prime. I'd prefer getting a rookie wideout we can build with Campbell, but when someone like Chad Johnson, who will probably end up being one of the better receivers of all time if he keeps on this pace for a few more years, becomes available, you need to jump on it.

NOOOOO

Rookies that need something to prove, that are looking for their first big paycheck are WAAAAY better than veteran primmadonnas like Chad Johnson who already got their check and will be in cruise control for the rest of his career. Or he will be in complete ****out mode if things don't workout.

No. I would trade a 2nd, but trading a 1st wouldn't be in our best interest.

Some of you are a bit indecisive. The question isn't if you would trade a 2nd rounder. Most of us would do that in a second. The assumption is that most NFL sources apparently believe it would take at least a first rounder and perhaps something like a third as well. So, let's put ourselves in Danny's shoes and pretend we have to make the tough decisions. Give them the 21st pick, get Chad Johnson, or you can go try and find someone cheaper like D.J. Hackett or Roy Williams or something. Do you give in to the 1st rounder demands and take a DE in the 2nd round and be happy with a top-5 WR and your top defensive hole filled as well, or do you refuse to budge?

Btw, I don't really think Betts or a third is really minor which is why I put that in quotes, but most around the league probably do and we have to look at it from their perspective.

The main question remains though: if you need to give up the 21st pick to get Ocho Cinco in Black and Maroon, do you do it?

Giving up a midrange 1st pick, if ONLY a 1st, isn't unreasonable, BUT.... when you couple that in with the other potential players we'll have to bypass in order to have enough cap space....then I'm not so sure.

Also, I'm not so sure he'll put up nearly the same stats with Campbell throwing him the ball instead of Carson Palmer, who's quite possibly the best deep passer in the NFL.

Get out of here! of course I'd trade a 1st round pick for a guy thats been to 5 pro bowls. There really isnt anything of value where we are picking. Why not use it to get a guarenteed thing. Ocho is brash runs his mouth but there is no doubt that he shows up and plays hard and is motivated to win.

Right now I'm reading standard extremeskins responses over valuing our draft and trade value involving our current players i.e. ladell betts.

Archived