Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Poll: Would you trade a first rounder for Ocho Cinco?

WizSkinsO's

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

I wouldn't trade anything for this thug.

This, really, is just inappropriate. Do you remember how crazy we all went when the media labelled ST as a "thug" after his death? It's irresponsible and bull****. Chad Johnson is not at all a thug either. He loves to play football, and the only way he knows how to do it is by talking and having fun but he's never been an albatross, he's never hurt his team, and he most certainly is not a thug, as I'm sure you'd label half of the African-American players in the NFL today.

Calling him a thug just makes you seem like a joke and it brings shame to the fact that you were probably right there with all of Redskins Nation rightfully criticizing the media for labelling Sean as a thug.

And some of you need to get real. You're not getting a cheerleader from the Bengals back for Ladell Betts, much less Ocho Cinco. Maybe there's a chance we could switch it to a 2nd and third or something, but in all likelihood, its the 21st overall pick. Is the 21st overall pick more valuable than a guy like Randy Moss, TO, or Burress, guys that all make their offenses insanely dynamic and near the tops in the NFL? I think not.

Chad is certainly not a thug and would make a great addition to this team, however we can not give up our first round pick for him and I don't see Synder doing that either. If we can get him for mid round picks and lets say Bets, then I'm all for it.

I also believe that they need to look a little closer at the Larry Fitzgerald situation in Arizona. I would much prefer to trade for him over Johnson. He's bigger, much younger, and would be less expensive.

Sad thing is, Dan likes him, so we will likely end up with him.

I mean, come on, is Vinny going to shake off the request.

Our only hope is that lessons have been learned from the past. This guy is looking for a huge payday! Rosenhaus is his agent and we know how him and Dan love to wheel and deal.

No more trading away our draft picks. Cincy must be licking their chops knowing they keep TJ and Henry and dish off the under producing ocho cinco.

No thanks, I will pass but we as fans only get to make coaching decisions not player personnel moves.

No because we have more important needs than a WR right now. I like that other topic saying trade Betts for ocho though

Also a 1st rounder cuold easily blossom into a superstar

I think you make the point for giving up a first rounder for CJ. CJ is a superstar. Why take a chance on one when you can have one.

Here are the picks from 2004 from pick 21 - 32:

Vince Wilfork

J.P. Losman

Marcus Tubbs

Steven Jackson

Ahmad Carroll

Chris Perry

Jason Babin

Chris Gamble

Michael Jenkins

Kevin Jones

Rashaun Woods

Benjamin Watson

Some good picks. But I don't think you can say "easily blossom" into superstars.

You can pick any year, I just picked a year that has allowed the players to be evaluated by now.

For the record, if it "only" costs a first rounder, I would "probably" make the trade. But, some of it would depend on who's there at 21 when we pick.

Hail,

H

Its much cheaper to draft a new player, or wait for the waivers for a competent WCO receiver the coach would like to have.

We are going to have to curb our appetite here because of prior year salary cap busting gorging.

Let the coaches decide what our needs are, in priority order, and how it is best to fill them economically given our situation.

IMO, the drafts should focus entirely on lineman for both sides of the ball, and our needs on defense.

IMO, the offense is set (with solidity at the line) and they will have to buy in and work hard to learn to execute the new system.

No because we have more important needs than a WR right now. I like that other topic saying trade Betts for ocho though

Also a 1st rounder cuold easily blossom into a superstar

More important needs? Our offense stinks and this teams 2nd biggest hole behind DE is getting a #1 wide receiver? The receivers we have right now are average at best and injury prone. Look what Moss and TO did for Dallas and New England. A # 1 Wr can bring the entire offense together.

Fine, if you don't want to trade for Ocho Cinco then how else can we address the #1 WR hole??

Walker- Will require compensation as well and his knees are not healthy

Porter- Could be good but is 30 years old and has never shown to be a true #1. He may be nothign more than another #2/#3 wr

Bryant Johnson- Even when Fitz and Boldin have been injured his production has been avergae at best

Berrian- Buyer Beware. He's soft and reminds me too much of Lloyd.

Roy Williams- Will also require a pricetage similar to Chad's. He could be the right guy

Fans over the age of 25 should have no trouble remembering all the "superstar" players who came to Washington during the Norv Turner era who completely under-produced. Brad Johnson was one of the very few good ones.....Drafting a stud WR in the DRAFT makes so much sense....

Trust me, at 18 I can even remember all of Norv's "superstar" players. Drafting a receiver in the draft does make sense but it could be as risky as trading for these so called "superstar" players. Don't you remember some stud receiver they drafted also during the Norv era(Michael Westbrook)?

I say you go for Johnson if there's a way to acquire him without giving away our first round pick.

I would say the WR needs outweigh all other positions pretty significantly. Unless you were happy with Thrash and McCardell. Ocho instantly makes Moss and Randel El legit.

I disagree 1000%. We have neglected the DE position via the Draft for years. On top of that our DT's are nothing but average. The one pickup we did make(Carter) is undersized but playing well. In the west coast offense that Zorn promises to bring in our need for a TOP tier tall WR is now overstated. Essentially all our WRs, TEs, and RBs become posession recievers caught in a rythm system. I've said for the past few seasons we needed to address the problem of getting pressure on QB's via our front four. I also said a tall WR was a need. That was always a second priority, and now even moreso.

Let us all put things into perspective.

Trading a 1st rounder for Ocho.

Pros:

Proven WR

Tall WR

Plays through injuries(seemingly)

Instant production

Cons:

Salary Cap Hit will be HUGE limiting other acqusitions Like DE, CB, Oline, DT, etc,etc

He's not young anymore. 30 years old and has taken his share of hits

Carson Palmer > JC and Ocho threw Carson under the bus when he didn't get the ball. You think JC will be off limits to Ocho's comments?

Giving up a #1 pick you give up a young superstar who can give you 8 more years(should he stay here and stay healthy) in the league for a FRACTION of the cost.

First things first, CJ is NOT a thug. Hell, on the Bengals...he was an angel. How many players did they have get in trouble with the law, but was CJ ever implicated in anything? No.

This is a tough call. He is an extreme talent that should have an immediate impact on the offensive side of the ball. However, he would be wanting an extreme amount of money, and to trade a first rounder is hard to say. Some posters here have made some valid points about the skill sets of late first rounders vs what you would get with Chad. It would appear that trading a first rounder would make a bigger "right now" impact. But the thing about getting a first rounder, is that you have that player from the beginning, and can mold them into what you need. In 7 years when that first rounder is in their prime, where will CJ be?

If you could get CJ for a couple draft picks lower than the first round, it might be worth considering. But I would much rather have a long term goal, then a right now possibility.

Archived