Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Poll: Would you trade a first rounder for Ocho Cinco?

WizSkinsO's

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

umm yeah so you want to go through this crap again with hiring a coach.

Besides if we start winning we got CP to entertain us.

Why would we want to bring a cancerous player like Ocho Cinco in here. He might play well but in the end he only looks out for himself.

HE WILL NEVER WIN ANYTHING!!

GAURENTEED!!

He is not cancerous, he loves the game and works very hard to succeed.

Pre-Gibbs move?? Hahaha...I guess Gibbs didn't trade picks for Brunell, Portis, and Lloyd

And yes, #85 is flashy, but he is a player in his prime and should not be put in the same category as the has beens we signed or the never were's....

Throwing Gibbs under the bus for making bad trades for draft picks doesn't exactly prove that throwing even more picks out the window for a 30 year old receiver with mental issues is a good idea.

Personally, I liked the Portis trade, but we should have left the other two alone.

No to this taunting thug, under any circumstances. NO!

Again, Chad is NOT a thug..People are making themselves look like fools by saying this, and i'll ask you, why do you call him a thug? I doubt i'll get a response like nobody else has responded when I ask them why they say Chad is a thug.

it kinda sucks knowing that the pats got randy moss for a fourth rounder and we are satisfied with our FO to give up a first rounder for CJ

Like someone said before, Randy Moss had 2 bad seasons, alot of people thought he was done..Chad Johnson keeps on having great seasons..Big difference.

For Chad Johnson, not on your life.

For Roy Williams, I would consider it, but probably still no.

Why would we trade draft picks when we could either pick up a guy like DJ Hackett (who I think we sign) or Bryant Johnson? It makes no sense.

Just for the record, I am also generally against drafting a WR with 1st and 2nd round picks.

A lot of Pats fans thought bringing Moss in was a bad idea...how'd that work out.

Johnson wants to win. Now, I'm not sure how coming here satisfies that beyond having a great defense, but I guess when you look at the fact that the 'Skins have been in the playoffs 2x in the last 3 years, it beats what's going on in Cincy.

And let's be honest about something- Johnson IS a talker. But he's well liked around the league and seems to be having a good time while he's on the field. He plays hard and is well respected around the league. I don't see a problem with the guy.

Besides that, he automatically makes the team better. The chances of you landing a player with the 21st pick that can step on the field immediately and have the type of impact that he has are minimal.

Throwing Gibbs under the bus for making bad trades for draft picks doesn't exactly prove that throwing even more picks out the window for a 30 year old receiver with mental issues is a good idea.

Personally, I liked the Portis trade, but we should have left the other two alone.

No disagreeing because I did like the Portis trade (Although us throwing in a 2nd rounder was absolutely not necessary) My point was don't try to paint the picture that Gibbs did no wrong the 2nd time around because a lot of the things we criticize the current FO about are things Gibbs did as well.

Enlighten me. What's CJ's downside if you don't include antics? He's never had a problem with the law and on that team, that's saying something. He's produced every year. He workouts hard and studies film.

Would I rather not give up a first for him? Certainly. And if the first round pick were top ten, I might not do it. But he would be the best use of a late round first round draft pick we've made in a long time (I'm going off the top of my head with that one, so someone might prove me wrong there - and please don't tell me JC was a better use of draft picks:doh: !).

Hail,

H

Hail,

H

I already stated his downsides.

He's 30 years old and his career is, at best, already half over. So you get 1 - 2 years of top flight performance at what cost. A first rounder(at the least) and a mega contract that is for a minimal of 6 years. Terrible idea in my opinion for a guy who is 30 already. Now, if we give him big bucks we also loose the ability to pick up other FAs we may need. By giving up our 1st rounder and a ton of money to one single player we will need to fill holes at DE, CB, DT, OL and maybe even LB. Exactly how do we do that? With what picks and with what money under the cap?

Don't get me wrong, I think CJ is an excellent player and if our FO would/could get creative somehow and land him for "under the going rate" rather than "over the going rate" I would be all for it. I'm just tierd of watching this team mortage their futures on players that proved themselves elsewhere only to come here and play below the standard we are paying them for. As Redskins fans, we should not forget how poorly this team and FO does when it signs the "big name" FA and throws more money at him and throws away more picks than they should to get him.

If it were me, I would trade a second this year and our fourth next year. Along with sending them Springs, who they need desperately.(This would free up some cap space to sign CJ too). Tell CJ his contract is for 4 years, with an option to extend in 2 years. If that were possible, I'd go for it, no doubt. Then we save our 1st rounder for a DE we desperately need. Save FA money to pick up a CB and some Oline help and we can still draft with our 3-7 round picks. That would make me happy. Not jump up and sell the farm for a guy with a big name. But that's me and I always look for a trade we can actually come out on top in for a change! :cheers:

A lot of Pats fans thought bringing Moss in was a bad idea...how'd that work out.

Moss was also was a proven winner before his Oakland days. He played many a games in the playoffs before his trade. He chose not to play in Oakland because they were beyond help.

I love the draft and the picks and the potential that they bring....

but I wouldnt be upset if we gave up a first for CJ....his numbers are phenominal plain and simple... he has averaged 90+ catches and 8-10 TDs for the last 5 years....

He does talk a lot, but his talk isnt like other players. He doesnt distract the team or bring teammates down....I wouldnt say that I would give up a first or not.. but if it happened like that I wouldnt be too upset about it...

CJ, Santana, ARE, Portis and Cooley all on the field at once..... pretty awesome potential right there...

CJ is going to command a ridiculous new contract if he comes here. For that alone I say no.

We're already down a 4th rounder in this years AND next years draft. We're a team that has talent in key positions, but one that is also aging in several areas. We need to focus on getting younger, not surrending top picks for 30 year olds, despite their talent.

If we hadn't traded last years 2nd, 3rd, and 4th away maybe our lines wouldn't be in such dire shape.

Good teams simply do not consistently toss away picks.

We're a playoff team. The "right" one or two pieces in free agency supplemented by draft picks can make a difference for a playoff team.

So, I think that's the right thought process. If we're one player away from going deep in to the playoffs - then yes, a first rounder for CJ probably makes sense. I think that's probably where NE was last year this time. And if we're not a player away, then it doesn't.

And that's why I voted no. We're further from the 2008 playoffs than we were a month ago. IMO. I think that we rode Todd Collins, and team chemistry in to the last playoff spot. But when we pick back up this summer, without Todd Collins (probably), without Gibbs/Saunders/GW, and with a new scheme, coaches, players... we might not be. Maybe we'll be better, maybe not, but I think its more unknown now given how things have changed. And that's why its not worth the risk.

For NE, it was a no brainer to get Moss. Not the same for us.

The Bengals are smarter than that. I don't want CJ at all.. but have a feeling we will lose more than a first round pick if we end up trading for him. Does anyone who trades with the redskins get a bad deal? We can start a thread about how much the Eagles want him.. and he will be a Redskin next day.. we may even give up all our picks I wont be surprised.

Archived