Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Zorn Is The Right Hire

jileib

I believe gibbs was an unknown prior to his elevation to HC and wasn't Lombardi an unknown prior to being hired in Green Bay? All the negative waves and comments is really starting to bother me. With any hire you have to wait and see, so give Zorn your support and quit being negative.

Listen, if Zorn was the right guy, he would have been hired as the head coach in the first place. What we got was a guy the front office could control. This is a terrible hire.

There was more involved in the decision making process than just the question of if he's the right guy. There were the other coaches the Redskins had committed themselves to interviewing, and there were Zorn's particular set of circumstances.

It probably would have been nice if they could have tailored all those factors to suit your tastes, but they had to deal with things the way they were, not the way you wanted them to be.

Take off your yellow and black glasses! Terrible hire!

Who would have been the RIGHT hire? Who would have made YOU happy? Meeks? Spagnuolo? They didn't want it. We had to want them AND they had to want us. This is the way it worked out. I'm excited.

He's not a retread looking for a payday. He's never been an HC before so he has something to prove. He's the guy responsible for Matt Hasselbeck's development ino the Pro Bowler he is today. He's a former player and an offensive mind. Therefore, I think we will all be excited to see a drop in the conservative playcalling we are all so used to. We should see a West Coast Offense. This is good because it focuses on short passes and Campbell's deep ball is inaccurate. This is also good because Portis will be utilized to his full potential (he's not an up the gut kind of guy but that's what Gibbs wanted and he STILL broke 1000 yards every season here except when he was injured in '06).

I'm looking forward to seeing more of this:

http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d804df59f

Wake up people! Change is good.

Help me here, What feels right? The fact he has no experience close to head coaching experience. The fact he wasnt interviewed for the job until after 30 days of the search. The fact he doesnt speak well in public, a big part of a head coaching job. The fact he had no control over his staff. The fact he knows nothing about dc much less the NFC east. The fact he was chosen by 2 clowns and only 2 clowns that havent shown they can do anything right. So please help me as a skins fan, what exactly feels so right other then your a skin fan and cant see the obvious!

I, personally, didn't want a new coach. The part that's encouraging about it is that Dan and Vinny didn't go out and get the sexy hire like they normally do.

Who would have been the RIGHT hire? Who would have made YOU happy? Meeks? Spagnuolo? They didn't want it. We had to want them AND they had to want us.

I have the answer:

(Insert Name Here) Is The Right Hire

It doesn't matter who DS hired, he was going to be right as long as it wasn't the old Fossil. Since DS didn't hire Fassel the fans are happy and the boycotts of Redskin gear have ended. All is well for the Maroon and Black. It's funny how the hiring of Zorn as OC was perceived as, "Meh" and the excuses for Campbell began to fly, but now that he's the head coach it's "Superbowl Baby".

Zorn is a good hire,Younger,Full of P and V and ready to get JC to where

he needs to be.He just has to sit down and LEARN what it's like to be

the HC of the Redskins,from a history standpoint,and mostly

what DALLAS week is all about,and maybe the TEAM colors....

can't be worse than spurrier!

REDSKINS RULE BABY!!!!!!!!!!!:dallasuck

I still hate the idea that we dont have a true GM but, I like this hire. Zorn comes from the QB coach position under Holmgren. This is a unique position that is not like other QB Coaches in the league, with much greater responsibilies in the offense planning and execution. Just look at past Coaches from that position under Holmgren, Jon Gruden, Andy Ried, Steve Mariucci, and Marty Morningweig. Andy Ried went right into coaching 9 years ago from that position just like Zorn. Everyone who knows Zorn has talked about him as a extremely hard worker, man of faith, talented teacher, honest, and nothing but class. The man was also a really good QB, setting records in his rookie year with the expansion Seahawks. Everyone at Redskins park have been really impressed with him for the two weeks that he was there working as the OC. Word is that this guy was an up and comer that would only last as an OC for a year or two at most before being snatched up as a HC, meaning he would be someone elses hot new HC. As for not being able to pick his staff...he will be able to now build his staff on his side of the ball, the offense. The defense he is ceeding control over to Blache, just like Gibbs did with Gregg and Richie. This may work and it may not, but right now, I really like the hire.

Maybe the Dan is growing and getting better at being an NFL owner. Immediate results will come in this offseason, if we trade all our draft picks again for flashy FAs.

I like the hiring of Jim Zorn. Give him the same chance to succeed as the

hot coordinators on every one's list. There is no guarantee that any of these

guys will win.

You have to follow your process to find who (Snyder) thinks is best for the team.

I don't have a problem with Zorn and will support will with every ounce of

my Redskin strength.

Help me here, What feels right? The fact he has no experience close to head coaching experience. The fact he wasnt interviewed for the job until after 30 days of the search. The fact he doesnt speak well in public, a big part of a head coaching job. The fact he had no control over his staff. The fact he knows nothing about dc much less the NFC east. The fact he was chosen by 2 clowns and only 2 clowns that havent shown they can do anything right. So please help me as a skins fan, what exactly feels so right other then your a skin fan and cant see the obvious!

I can't speak to your FO situation, and given the fact that he spent most of his career in Seahawk blue & green, it shouldn't surprise anyone that isn't as steeped in Redskins knowledge and tradition as most of you here on ES. And he may not know anything about the DC area.

But it's foolish and incorrect to say he knows nothing about the NFCE. He had to study and help gameplan against each NFCE opponent each time they played the Seahawks. And since the Seahawks beat each NFCE team the last two times they played them, it's safe to say that Zorn knows something about the NFCE. As a matter of fact, you should find it encouraging that he had a part in the success against your division rivals.

IMHO.

If I look to the past and see the comments made about how Jack Kent Cooke must have gone senile when he hired a young guy to coach the Skins I see a lot of what's being said today.

Let's see what happened with that young guy ... four Super Bowl appearances, Three Super Bowl rings and induction into the Hall of Fame. In hindsight, I guess hiring Joe Gibbs wasn't such a moronic thing!

JKK went through a few coaches before he uncovered that diamond. While I'm not a huge fan of Danny Snyder, I feel that giving him the benefit of the doubt on selecting a relative unknown is due. I believe, given the chance, he could do a lot for the team.

Just remember ... Joe Gibbs went 0-5 to start off his coaching career. :2cents:

Archived