Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

New offensive assistant position found?

JMUGator19

This is a good hire. I'm glad to hear that he was hired so quickly. Hopefully we can get the OC hired by the end of tomorrow and a RB coach as well. Then we'll have a full offensive staff.

:laugh: This is what I love about you guys. Every coach we hire is a good hire and every player we acquire is a good pickup.

New Redskins head coach Jim Zorn fully plans on hiring an offensive coordinator.

Current Titans assistant HC/running backs Sherman Smith is considered the early frontrunner for the position, but the Redskins need permission to interview him first. Zorn said at his opening press conference that he envisions "this whole game is about rhythm, not about hanging onto the ball until you see a guy open." Spoken like a true Mike Holmgren man.

Source: Washington Post

:laugh: This is what I love about you guys. Every coach we hire is a good hire and every player we acquire is a good pickup.

yeah, we call that steriotyping. You can look at my signature and see how much I criticize the team. I call this a good hire because it fills the position. THats all. Hopefully we can fill the other positions as well. Its far too early to start to judge things like 'good' vs 'bad' in terms of the quality they bring to the team.

When we first hired Saunders I predicted the problem of too many chiefs and not enough indians, and thats just what happened. I'm just kinda happy that we're getting our coaching staff filled out so that we can begin our offseason shopping spree and have fun with the offseason as we always do.

I'm just tired of the head coaching search story!

I know there were some people saying how they wanted a stats guy like Schwartz/Belichek that could know when it would be best to go for it on 4th down or go for the 2pt conversion.

This is that stats' guy hire. We can put him in the booth with some other coaches and he can let Zorn know when it may be to his advantage to take a risk. This is a very solid hire.

well, i waited to see if it would pop up... but no one put it up yet. hope im not NNT'ed

Chris Meidt is the new Offensive Coordinator... seems to be a great coach in college, any worries it will be an issue in the NFL?

my main concern is, how does Zorn know this guy and what else do we know about him?

lets rip him apart like we seem to do everyone else.

:logo::logo::logo:

He's not OC.

It sounds like he is taking Coy Gibbs' old job.

Archived