Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

POLL: Dan Snyder Approval Rating

robotfire

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

Approve- this hire shows that TheDan is getting better and applying what he had learned. He started WAY behind the curve and shot himself in the foot repeatedly but he is making progress. Some people are just more interested in pushing their bias than making any objective assessment.

Oh yea, and for clarification, I don't think my dissaproval is directly linked to Zorn being named head coach. I am more than willing to give Zorn the benefit of the doubt (as if I had a choice) but I think Snyder is just awful. Absolutely awful. I don't see how anyone can look at this guy particularly over the last month and say he is doing a good job. We got REJECTED by college coaches, 1st year coordinators and of course coaching legends for 1 of 32 head coaching jobs in the world until we HAD to just take our QB coach from seattle and make him a head coach. All the while, we have now completely changed systems and will spend years trying to teach this team the west coast offense? I am just amazed that anyone can see this as a good thing.

How can anyone still approve of Danny Snyder? He hired the only guy that would submit to being his puppet. He had to reach all the way down to a position coach to find someone that would do that.

He didnt hire Coach Williams for basically no reason. He still lets a freaking retard that consistently gets raped by other GM's handle the personel decisions. He just destroyed any continuity this team had.

How we can disprove of Dan Snyder when it has been openly said that Fassel wasn't hired because of the fanbase. Lets be honest Snyder didn't have alot of candidates to choose from after Williams was knocked off, Fassel was the most logical choice, so IMO if we don't succeed this season we have no one to blame but ourselves. I will be the first to say I didn't approve of Fassel but now that we have a qb coach as our HC Fassel doesn't sound half bad maybe old Danny was right

We'll just have to see what happens. Snyder was put in a tough spot by Gibbs. There were no candidates on the market. I think that he went through the process reasonably well. One thing about him, he might have been impulsive, but he always brought the dough to get the guy he wanted. So now maybe if Gibbs has taught him patience, and he's still willing to bring the dough, things might be looking up. Will reserve judgment.

Approve- this hire shows that TheDan is getting better and applying what he had learned. He started WAY behind the curve and shot himself in the foot repeatedly but he is making progress. Some people are just more interested in pushing their bias than making any objective assessment.

Here is an objective assessment: Jim Zorn was not even a coordiantor in the NFL. He was a position coach. Now he is a head coach because all of the qualified people want to have some kind of input on personel decisions and Danny wont allow that.

He also managed to poison a relationship with the man that nearly everyone wanted to be named the next HC over what? Pretty much nothing.

So tell me how this coaching search was done like a fan and not a business. Snyder didnt run out and hire the first name that he came across, instead he went through extensive interview processes with many different candidates. It took longer than we as fans would have liked, but part of that was that there were candidates who were still involved in the playoffs. Snyder didnt grab at a HC without interviewing those on his list, instead waiting until those he had to wait on were available and speaking with them. The interviews themselves appeared to be extensive and exhausting for all involved, and very thourough. How does that indicate a fan making a decision?

I have been impressed with Snyder's growth over the past few years, perhaps it was the JG influence, but DS has been less meddlesome, instead deferring football decisions to the coaches. He has been praised by other owners for his dedication and effort on behalf the league in TV contract negotiations. All of this gives me hope that we are seeing a turn-around in the FO in favor of building this back to a winning franchise

Now, all of this could change if he goes back to his meddlesome ways or chooses not to give the new staff a reasonable time period to evolve. The 5 year contract indicates to me that he doesnt expect instant results............is this a sign of a fan running the show, or a businessman?:2cents:

I never would have thought that many approve. Every thing about this team has been knee jerk reactions with no real insight or thought. Like others have said, it seems like he runs this team like a fan.

Football people should make football decisions and not fans.

I Approve.

He was patient. He's sticking his neck out (and Vinny's) and taking a chance on someone he has come to believe in, instead of hiring someone he thinks the media or fans will "approve" of.

He still needs to work on his PR though. It sucks. It is the majority of the reason the media (and therefore the fans) hate and pummell him so.

Hail :helmet:

How is it more obvious that he is awful after this search. He had a plan, executed it and thought about the issue BEFORE he hired someone. He didnt just grab an obvious choice, he didnt just grab a retread, he actually followed the plan to completion. How is that awful? Is it awful because he never called you for your opinion? Is it awful that he never bowed down to the press?

Just tell me how his execution was awful. We may have made a bad hire, but ANY HC hire is a crapshoot, with the exception of one in the past. There are no certain winner candidates. Do you really think that Cowher would lead this team to a SB next year? How bout Spagnola......he was a popular choice with little to no credentials other than being a coach on the SB champion. Would GW lead this team to the SB next year. We will not know how good/bad a decision this was until the end of NEXT year, but the process was sound.

What, did you think he'd never hire a head coach? I am just stunned that because there is now a name in the formerly blank column marked Head Coach that so many people now approve of Dan snyder as an owner. Wow. Stunned. :doh:

He's awful at running a football team. (if winning is important to you) That hasn't changed with this "search" or this "hire". In fact, if anything, it's become more obvious.

But hey....HTTR.

I have always and still will disapprove over DANNY-BOY... I think he is wrong for football. I think his lack of football know how is hurting the team and I really dont think as long as he owns the team we will win a championship. HOWEVER.. I HOPE AND PRAY THAT I AM PROVED WRONG..

Archived