Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

And our next coach is...someone you haven't yet heard about.

Art

Maybe iv'e lowered my standards, but I hardly consider a guy who's only had 2 losing seasons in the past 13 in Denver(one being last year) overrated. I know as a Redskins fan, that would be great. 13 years, as many superbowls as losing seasons, and a great offense(10 seasons top 10 in points, top 11 in yards, top 5 in yardage differential).

I guess im just not as picky as I used to be.

1 playoff win in the past decade. They've had the same coach the whole time, make as many big signings as the Redskins yet still are average since Elway retired and Davis got hurt, way back in 1998.

Who was actually on the ES list back in 2004 when Gibbs suddenly appeared? I looked back through old threads once trying to find the day it happened just to see what a 100% overjoyed ES looks like but I didn't find much on other interviews besides Fassel nor was I really looking.

I had to pinch myself when I saw this thread. Art? Going speculative? But he's been watching Snyder for years, and with a pretty good set of analytical eyes, so I can see how this could point to Cowher --maybe, given Snyder's M.O. The Fassel fan blow-up probably took Snyder by surprise. I disagree w/ Art in that I think Snyer does care about what the fans think. He wants to be loved, he wants to be Fan No. 1. I've torched this guy since he's owned the team, but I do think he loves the team in his own highly controlling way. For him, Fassell would be a Marty pick, but w/o the difficult personality. Safe retread that he personally likes, etc. But he's at war with himself on this, which is why we've witnessed this ridiculous roadshow over the last few weeks. He loves the Big Splash. He wants the fans to go "Wow." Dan the Man. Cowher is the only one who fits that right now. Grimm might be another, if only to say something about "Redskin Tradition" and keeping it in the family.

Could be Tom Cruise.

We know they've got their buisness deal, and just imagine the $ to be made making a movie/documentary on Tom stalking the sidelines - having "I-want-the-truth!!!" esque halftime speeches.

I'd buy a ticket to see it.

:yikes: and :laugh:

Keep the Scientolojinx away from all Redskins games. I never wanna see him in the owners box again.

He's psycho AND bad luck.

Let's all take a page from the lessons according to Gibbs.

Asked at Gibbs press conference just what he had learned from Gibbs, Snyder thought then responded: patience.

What about this word:continuity?

Please don't give me the Grreg Blache BS either. You don't have "continiuity" when you lose both DC and OC's.

If he pulls Cowher out of the hat then I'll be impressed. Not because he's a "big name" but because he's a damn good football coach. He was handcuffed in Pittsburgh and he still succeeded.

But, as far as the guessing game goes? I'll play. Bill Parcells. Danny is letting Bill finish putting the team together down in Miami. Hence why he is being so "patient." :)

Seriously, as much as I hate the idea of Fassel getting the job, Billick would be a thousand times worse. Let's just hire Fassel and get it over with. :doh: There are only so many rabbits left out there to be pulled from a hat.

I think Cowher's off the table, since he wouldn't get control of personnel or even the coaching staff. Same goes for Carroll.

There just aren't many viable options left, with GW, Spags, etc. off the table.

I'm not excited about Fassel, but I just don't see many other options. The more I think about it, the less enthusiastic I am about Mooch.

Let's just hire Fassel or Meeks and get to work. GW or even Spags would have been better, but we have to work with what's left.

I think if we hire Fassel, a small part of me will just be relieved that we didn't hire Billick.

What about this word:continuity?

Please don't give me the Grreg Blache BS either. You don't have "continiuity" when you lose both DC and OC's.

If he pulls Cowher out of the hat then I'll be impressed. Not because he's a "big name" but because he's a damn good football coach. He was handcuffed in Pittsburgh and he still succeeded.

But, as far as the guessing game goes? I'll play. Bill Parcells. Danny is letting Bill finish putting the team together down in Miami. Hence why he is being so "patient." :)

Or Parcell's best bud Bobby Knight :laugh:

It's going to be Gene Simmons and they are going to rename the team "Kiss Army".

What? Stop looking at me like that.

I have been sitting here reading this thread and not one person named excites me as HC. I would have liked GW as HC, but that ship has sailed.

Right now, what I would like to see is a new HC who is young and hungry. Maybe about 45 years old. Someone who believes in discipline on his team. A good organizer and someone who commands respect through his work ethic and being prepared. I don't see it happening, but I would like Rob Chudzinski who is Clevelands O-Coord.

It's going to be Gene Simmons and they are going to rename the team "Kiss Army".

What? Stop looking at me like that.

I have been sitting here reading this thread and not one person named excites me as HC. I would have liked GW as HC, but that ship has sailed.

Right now, what I would like to see is a new HC who is young and hungry. Maybe about 45 years old. Someone who believes in discipline on his team. A good organizer and someone who commands respect through his work ethic and being prepared. I don't see it happening, but I would like Rob Chudzinski who is Clevelands O-Coord.

Gene would be awesome hire.

Gil Haskell, Assistant Head Coach/Offensive Coordinator of the Seahawks since 2000.

Now no chance to be Head Coach in Seattle. Worked with Blache, etc. on that amazing staff in GB, obviously worked with Zorn recently for quite a while.

In another thread, I posted some links to articles that say that Haskell is interested in being a HC.

You have to feel sorry for Snyder. There is no mega-hire out there to be had this time around. Of the few big names that were not currently in the NFL, guys like Cowher and Carroll weren't going to be sucked into the Dan/Vinny running the front office style of management.

So, he is left looking for passed over former coaches who are looking for their possible last dance in the NFL.

But, he's 62? That's even older than Fizzle ...

Plus in one of the articles posted on the R1 thread, it said he wasn't a "Yes" man. Don't know, I wouldn't mind him becoming a HC. Again, it would be better than Fassel and with Zorn here it might work.

But, he's 62? That's even older than Fizzle ...

How true! But who knows, maybe Snyder and Vinny are really sold on Zorn, and would think that Haskell would be a good fit for working with Zorn on the offense (since they have experience working together on the Seahawks' staff).

For me, the one glimmer of light in this whole coaching staff mess has been the hiring of Zorn.

Archived