Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

And our next coach is...someone you haven't yet heard about.

Art

Cowher and Grimm don't make sense b/c of the hiring of a West Coast OC. Who's out there that runs a WC offense and would be a good (secret) HC ?? And why the wait ???

How about Mike Shanahan as HC and Team President? He has strong ties to the WCO and there have been a lot of rumors of him wanting out of Denver over the past two years. Remember, Vinny was in SF when Mike was OC during the '94 Super Bowl season. That team had one of the best offenses the NFL had seen in years (the '83 Skins and '07 Patriots, aside).

I could also see Pete Carroll filling the same role. Now that National Signing Day is over, he could jump ship. Pete also spent time in SF as DC when Vinny was there.

I would be pleased with either hire. The longer the search drags on, the less likely Fassel is the choice.

Bill Cowher?

Pete Carroll?

Charlie Weis?

Dick Vermeil?

Dennis Green?

Jerry Glanville?

Jimmy Johnson?

Mack Brown?

Butch Davis?

Joe Bugel?

Richie Petitbone?

Me?

Don't Forget Jim Fassel.

Jim Mora Sr

Dan Reeves

Chuck Knoll- he's still alive right?

Steve Spurrier - yes one more round with Steve

Satan

God

Osama

If we hire Jimmy Johnson, I may well give up my fan card. I can only take so much. I hate that fathead. Arrogant, just like every Dallas Coach that ever lived. Some ideas, you shouldn't even utter out loud.

What's sad is that he's no better or worse to me than any other guy who's tires they've kicked. :(

Meeks

Fassel

Mora Jr.

Spags

Mooch

Schwartz

"Bring me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses..."

If we hire Jimmy Johnson, I may well give up my fan card. I can only take so much. I hate that fathead. Arrogant, just like every Dallas Coach that ever lived. Some ideas, you shouldn't even utter out loud.

What? You wouldn't love it if he takes us on a 4-5 win streak and then exclaim to the media:

"How Bout 'dem Redskins!"

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I think I'd puke too. :2cents:

How about Mike Shanahan as HC and Team President?

What?

Shanahan hasn't won anything since about 5 years after Gibbs retired the first time, or before Snyder owned the Redskins.

Can you say THE MOST OVERRATED HC IN THE LEAGUE?

If you cant win with a HOF QB, RB, TE, most dominant OL in the league and a top 10 defense then you really suck. I don't give Shanahan much credit for Denver's 2 year run when you look at how he's done without some of those guys.

What?

Shanahan hasn't won anything since about 5 years after Gibbs retired the first time, or before Snyder owned the Redskins.

Can you say THE MOST OVERRATED HC IN THE LEAGUE?

If you cant win with a HOF QB, RB, TE, most dominant OL in the league and a top 10 defense then you really suck. I don't give Shanahan much credit for Denver's 2 year run when you look at how he's done without some of those guys.

Agreed. Shanahan is extremely overated.

Could be Tom Cruise.

We know they've got their buisness deal, and just imagine the $ to be made making a movie/documentary on Tom stalking the sidelines - having "I-want-the-truth!!!" esque halftime speeches.

I'd buy a ticket to see it.

Art, here's a name that would fit your theory to a T:

Dick Vermeil.

There was a hint of talk about Vermeil coming here that leaked out very early in this process, but it didn't grow legs. Could Snyder see Vermeil as a Gibbs-style caretaker?

Hearing that the "big three" remaining candidates (Mooch, Fassel, Meeks) have not yet been contacted by the team after ending talks with Spags, the likelihood of an as-of-yet unreported candidate would seem to grow.

I'm just throwing Vermeil out there as a possibility, but whoever it might be...yes, I'm starting to believe there is someone else out there. Otherwise, I'd say Fassel would already have the job.

If that were true Al Saunders would still be a Redskin:2cents:

Agreed. Shanahan is extremely overated.

Maybe iv'e lowered my standards, but I hardly consider a guy who's only had 2 losing seasons in the past 13 in Denver(one being last year) overrated. I know as a Redskins fan, that would be great. 13 years, as many superbowls as losing seasons, and a great offense(10 seasons top 10 in points, top 11 in yards, top 5 in yardage differential).

I guess im just not as picky as I used to be.

Could be Tom Cruise.

We know they've got their buisness deal, and just imagine the $ to be made making a movie/documentary on Tom stalking the sidelines - having "I-want-the-truth!!!" esque halftime speeches.

I'd buy a ticket to see it.

hahaha.... i can see it... the hot new sports themed reality show! the billionaire inside: 2008 washington redskins

Archived